Coffee Shop Version is 11 now open.

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Status
Not open for further replies.
No bargains today,,, unless you call a monks chair a bargain.
Ray Is the young lad in the last shot at the end of his ride or is it a wild start to his ride, looks a great place for the kids to me :)
Paul Hang in there, it does get easier but it does take time.
 
Morning all and how'bout some lunch. Who's buying this week?

David, Flo had a bad night (or a good night, depending on your view:o ), but should come in later today. Just order from that old fat guy and charge it to whom ever is buying this week. :D

Sandy: The pups are doing great. It is unbelievable how quick they can learn. I will try to catch them while playing and post the photos this week. BTW: I envy you and your studies. Many times I have thought about taking some courses at U of Alabama, just for curiosity and to stimulate my brain cells. My problem though, I have been avoiding brain strain since I retired from teaching and now have a cobweb infestation :o :D .

Ray: That looks like so much fun! I'm with the others in wishing I was young enough to do that...and enjoy it. I love the idea of starting a camp for older men. How about you doing that? Jim and I would be your first arrivals...just to get out of the heat. (All you need to have is a rescue squad on site.:eek: :D )

Paul: My thoughts are with you and your family. It will take awhile, but when all your thoughts of your little friend are only about the fun times and you can smile or laugh with them, your pain will ease and you will begin cherishing the memory of her. A tear...of course...it's because you care and love.

Jim: How's the sauna? Ours is great! Wish it was like this year around :rolleyes:

Steve: Hiya Steve!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Say Ray. I didn't catch it at first, even though I saw the Indian Costumes, but as I got to looking at your more recent photos, thanks for posting them, I realized that this is an OA event it seems. I'm OA myself or at least was in years past, went all through Scouts and on a Silver NapSack Hike but never went to an event like this before.

How come when I get here all the girls have gone and there's some guy that for all the world looks like Ray pouring coffee? I was hoping for something a little easier on the eyes! JK Ray :~} Actually the Scout master that took us on the Silver Nap Sack Hike was Ray Abbott, God Rest His Soul, and he had a Son Named Ray who was also interested if MRR.

Actually it is just Boy Scout Summer Camp. We also run a Venture Program called Sci Tek Quest Camp at camp this week. BTW, I am A Vigil Honor Member of the OA. Always good to talk with another Brother!

Paul been thinking about you and your family. I know how much you all miss her. I still am thinking about my Mom's old cat Sheila who I had to do the same for last week. Part of me knows it was the right thing to do, but my heart still misses the old girl.

Steve that is the end of the Zip Line. You are moving pretty good when you hit the springs that stop you qt the end. Good ride!

Rex you and Jim can still be part of the fun! It is called being a Scouter............. I tell the campers that I have no idea what I want to be when I grow up. Steve they served us some kind of patty for lunch. The campers said it was a turkey patty. I said it looked like Spam. Thus started the Monty Python routines at my table. Spam, spam, spam, spam................
 
Last edited by a moderator:


Say Rex,
You said:
"David, Flo had a bad night (or a good night, depending on your view ), but should come in later today. Just order from that old fat guy and charge it to whom ever is buying this week."

Is she one of the ladies shown in Bill's post on the prior page? I've been talking with a lady that looks very much like the lady in the red outfit but I don't think it's the same lady?

And by the way thanks for the suggestion of ordering whatever I wanted and charging it to whomever, I'll go for that!! Did I here correctly they have Steak and Eggs on the menu along with Biscuts & Gravy? That sound pretty good to me along with some Hazelnut Coffee!
 
Say Ray,

It's good to see your still active in Scoutng, the last thing I can remember I did and that was about 12 to 15 years ago was as Assistant Scout Master to take 4 boys on a four day back packing trip in the Sierra's. We all had a good time and saw some great country and lakes.

As far as OA I haven't been active in a much longer time due to various things and dealing with my Folks health issues and most recently taking care
of Mom night & day for 2.5 years. I visit her in the Convalecent Hosp about 4 times a week along wth handling other problems that have arisen. So trying to get things done around here and finding a little spare time is trying sometimes.

Anyway thanks for your comment, it appreciated, and yes it good to know your are active in Scouts & OA also, it's a very worth while group!
 
Yeah, David, order anything you want. I heard STEVE was buying this week. He is one of our rich English members...he even has an R/C Panzer division. :D Flo, looks similar to the blond, only with more reddish hair:p .

Email sent to you.
 
Dinners Up We have Spam with chips, spam and egg, spam on toast, spam, spam, spam or spam with spam,,, did i mention we also do spam on it's own.

Or

Pork Growlers, very tasty

I was just going to have a bag of tortilla with hot chilly salsa but the wifes took them to work :(

I Love Red Heads
 
Tom, what's the deal with your foot? Have you been to see a doctor about it?

I have torn cartilage on the bottom of my heel. It is pressing up against a bone spur. I saw the doctor a couple of months ago and will most likely be seeing him again soon. It is beginning to look like a cortisone shot is my future.

Most days the pain medication works. Yesterday I had to spend several hours on a construction site arguing with a contractor who was trying to cut corners. Basically, he underbid some items and now realizes it. Also we had to add some last minute work to address a problem the local police and township are having with speeders crossing losing control and crossing the median. Of course, the contractor was trying to figure out how to do as little as possible while we were paying top dollar for the changes. So standing in the middle of Route 100 and walking around the site for a couple hours did my foot in.

Also it has been several years since I was in a center lane construction work zone. I had forgot how intimating and exposed you are. Those orange and white barrels don’t offer much protection or confidence when traffic is roaring by at 60 to 70 mph on 50 mph posted road.
 
Evening Gents!

WEATHER
It Rained all over the state today, We might get more tonight:D Rain+Grass=$$$:)


LOCAL NEWS
5.4 Earthquake Rocks Los Angeles
http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/myfox/...=16&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=3.1.1
Jim, I can't say that I miss them!LOL's David did you get a shake from it?

Massive fish kill; beach closed
http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/myfox/...n=2&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=3.2.1


PERSONAL NOTE
Hey, Vato's!
"Flo, I want a The 1/2 pound Fat Boy Cheese burger with Seasoned Fries and a Large Strawberry Milk shake! And Bill's buying!"
Guys let Bill pay:D ! until he gets us a lunch/Dinner menu and also Get Flo some more help!;)


Ray That camp looked fun!:)

David Did you get some shaking from the quake? I use to Born and lived in LA(San Dimas/Upland) some 30 odd years ago!

Jim I wouldn't worry about that Weather thing in the gulf! You haven't washed and waxed your cars!;)

Steve I love spam, but My wife won't let me have it any more! Fried spam sandwich with cheese!Mmmmmmmmmmm
 
...I Love Red Heads

Me too, Steve! On September 1st, it will be mine, and my redhead, Pam's 35th! Daughter has invited us over to Little Rock for the anniversary. Gonna try to make it.

Supposed to help out at an open house tonight at an old friend's house. He's a two railer in "O". Here is some of the e-mail sent out to division members.


"Attn Members:

Joe Fxxxe has offered to open up his Southern Keystone 30X50 foot O scale layout next Tuesday night July 29th from 7:30 PM to 9 PM. Wrecking Crew members, Steel City Division members, spouses, girlfriends and family members are invited.

For those who have never seen the layout before the layout is extensively scenic with numerous vignettes to catch your eye while the Mallets and heavy diesels thunder (literally) by. Many handcrafted O scale structures and scenes bring this railroad to life and don't miss the 48-stop turntable and large engine facilities. (Don't miss what is in side each of the stalls.)

Joe also has a LARGE collection of old Lionel trains and other equipment housed in floor to ceiling showcases along a 70 foot wall. "

I haven't been to Joe's in awhile, so it will be interesting to see what he has changed recently. I got some video on VHS of the last time there, with a UP "Big Blow" 3-unit turbine, equipped with a centrifugal clutch in each of the units and a 75 car train behind it. WOW!

What I liked even better was the Central Locomotive Works Ps-4 sitting near the roundhouse. Joe used to be a U.S.Hobbies distributor, so he has practically every car and loco this company ever imported from Japan and Korea, as well as older Max Gray and Lobaugh.

I'll try to get some good pix!
 


CJ Glendia and I have got you beat by a year and 4 months. When we had our 25th My parents had their 50th the same year. We had a big party for them but my daughters did nothing for us, of course they were both in college and very little money but I would've thunk they at least got us a cake. Oh well I don't celebrate nothing anymore anyhow so no big deal but Glendia was a little miffed at them. No one at work knew that I turned 60 in May and today a couple of guys who came in to check out the fire sprinkler system thought I was around 45 or 46. I thanked them profusely.
 
Good evening from Camp!

Just thought I would share a couple photos of the two Sci Tek tracks. The Ecology/Geology track spent part of the day hunting for fossils in one of our ravines:

Fossils08.png


While the Aerospace track launched the rockets they had been working on:

RocketGroupPhoto.png


This one came back down withing 15' of where it was launched..... Right on top of me!

Rocket02.png


Tomorrow My track heads for Cornell University to visit the Mars Rover Lab and the Nanno Technology lab.

Have a great night.
 
Shoot! Just lost about 10 paragraphs of what I was typing somehow. :mad: I'll just say that I'd have trouble sleeping and have shed a few tears also, Paul. :(

Out sauna bath is in fine working order. It's 1:55 am and the temperature is still 80 degrees with a heat index of 87. Our high was 100 with a heat index high was 111 degrees. No rain of course. They say we have a better chance tomorrow but I think they are all compulsive liars. :D
 
Ray Thats a shot i would be proud of,,, you should work for NASA. Fossil hunting is great, wish we had some decent areas near here, you have to travel 200 miles for a decent site
CareyThe open house sounds fantastic, wish i could come :(

Chris Spam on toast is Deelicious, the way it melts into the toast is just mouthwatering Mmmmmm
 
Good morning.

It's 77 here and clear. It's due to be mostly cloudy later with a high in the mid 90's. There's a good chance of rain today but I'll believe it when I see it.

I was doing some experimenting with my printer last night and I solved my decal printing problem. I simply make the decals at a larger font, say 12 instead of 6, then set the printers scaling for 25% and viola, nice crisp decals with no fading or blurring. An example is in today's photo.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 7/30/2008


Heat Index: 82°F
Humidity: 88%
Dew Point: 73°F

So Far Today
High: 80°F
Low: 77°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 6mph WSW

Today High: 95 Mostly cloudy. Scattered showers and thunderstorms. Highs in the mid 90s. Light and variable winds becoming south around 10 mph in the afternoon. Chance of rain 50 percent.

Tonight Low: 75 Mostly cloudy with scattered showers and thunderstorms in the evening...then partly cloudy with isolated showers and thunderstorms after midnight. Lows in the mid 70s. South winds around 10 mph in the evening becoming light and variable. Chance of rain 50 percent.

P1010062-1.jpg
 
Mornin' all!

Man, I stayed up too late last night. I was talking eschatology with my wife. Very interesting stuff indeed!

Lets see, a look out the window reveals that it's grey outside! Radar is showing scattered showers across Indiana on this early Wednesday morning. I don’t expect any all day rains but showers and thunderstorms could pop at anytime. A couple of storms may contain heavy downpours.

Weather guesser says:
3760_G.jpg

Today: Warm & humid with scattered showers & t-storms...high: 85

Tonight: Chance of a few showers & t-storms, muggy...low: 70

Had some grilled fish on the new grill last night........ummmmmmm GOOD! Maybe I'll do some chicken breasts tonight. Where my grill is located is under cover, so todays rain won't spoil that.

Ray, I used to love to shoot off those rockets! I just didn't care for chasing them down when they land!

Oh well, I'm off!

AutumnsRidge.png
 
Good morning folks

According to the van thermometer it was 77 F. You can feel the humidity going up and it. We are under a Heat Advisory today with an expected high of 93 F.

No modeling last night.

I hope everybody has a good day.
 
Morning ALl ! From Western New York , It's overcast here and looks like we're gonna get more rain . Just what we don't need . My poor plants are waterlogged ! not much else going on just have to make some more doctor's appointments ! Hope you all have a nice day !!!! Ray more nice pics at the camp . Always loved shooting off rockets . Tom watch out when your in a traffic zone. We just had a Dot worker killed while putting down cones by a distracted driver who swirved when he dropped his cigarette !!!!!! Steve you have to try some "Taylor Ham" with eggs . If your ever in New Jersey it's a big deal . I got hooked on it on my honeymoon and have loved it ever since !!!!
 
Last edited by a moderator:


Hello Paul,
Just heard about your Dog's passing and wanted to express my sympathy, they do indeed become one of the family and their passing is not much different from a loved one. I'm sure you have many found memories and that
will keep your love alive of your dear departed friend.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top