All, this morning I put in my eyes(contact lenses) went outside to get the mail........WOW!!!!! It was bright!!!! The pain was like when you drink a big gulp of a "slushy" on a hot day only in my eyes. Went back inside and grabbed my "Wayfarers". You know my "Jack Nicholson" sunglasses. MUCH BETTER.
A balmy 27*F right now. Better than the teens we've been experiencing.
Finally got the snow blower out. Cleaned the drive and sidewalks. I saw the neighbor's grandson out shoveling her walks and drive. He's in his mid-20's, I'd imagine. I asked him if he wanted to borrow the snowthrower. I would have done the work but I had to pay rent on the 4 cups of coffee I'd had. Anyway, I go pee, look outside, and he's using the snowthrower to clean her whole yard!!!!! I about spit out my 5th cup of coffee!!!! And we are supposed to trust our future to this generation? No way.
Got a package in the mail. I bought several engines and some rolling stock on eBay and eBid in the past week. Some of the engines showed up. In all there were 12. I got some more F-units, two sets of PA/PB's, another Proto 2000 BL2 in Monon colors. I now have enough as Monon only had 10,#30-#39, I believe. I will need to renumber this one #37. There were a few steamers, of course. A pair of Hudsons and a Mohawk tagged NYC.
The rolling stock was all Athearn BB!!!! I bought a lot of 25 on eBay. All unassembled for $75 plus shipping. I'm stocking up on those cars since Athearn decided to stop production. Most are NYC, C&O, and PRR, with a couple of Monon, and NKP thrown in. I wish I could get a deal like that on some old ice bunker reefers like that.
Cut down some more luaun doors today. Finally got them all cut. I need to get busy building dioramas. I glued and clamped some 2x's to replace the ones I cut off. I'll get around to the building part next week.
Prayers to all in need. I know the Good Lord will answer all of your needs, make life a bit easier for all of you and grant you patience, and the wisdom to understand and make the decisions ahead of you.
Bob