Afternoon, everyone.
Think it's happy birthday to Rico, David, and LatentTrainFan today. I hope everyone has an enjoyable birthday.
I've been tied up with the Dianna's aunt's funeral and then Dianna's mom going into the hospital for rectal bleeding. It was rain all the way down to the funeral, thunderstorms during the funeral, and then more rain at graveside. We did the usual visiting at the relatives houses, with more food than an infantry company could eat. Down here, the police escort funeral processions, something I just couldn't imagine, given how busy we were with little things like drive-by shootings. It's nice to be living in a slower pace. The police blocked the intersections and stood there with their hats over their hearts. Made me feel good. There's a lot of respect associated with a Southern funeral.
Dianna's mom's bleeding has stopped and she had an MRI today. She's 81 and has COPD, so she's a bad candidate for a cystoscopy unless it's really an emergency. She has a long history of diverticulitis and I suspect this was a flare up with a little more bleeding than normal. Her counts are good and her temperature is normal. Dianna just called and she's being released today, so it looks my diagnosis was right. Rectal bleeding always looks like you're losing lots of blood when it's usually just a relatively small amount.
Larry, I'm sorry to hear about your FIL's diagnosis. What kind of cancer is it? Having gone through losing his wife so recently, and now this, I can understand why he's feeling depressed. This would be a good time to talk to his doctor about getting him on some antidepressants if he's not already on them.
Larry, both you and Phillip did a really great thing helping that woman who was a victim of domestic violence. I'm sure she and God will remember you both for you kindness. I wish more neighbors would help each other out instead of waiting for the government to do it.
Matt, I remember when I could bench press my weight. I could do it up until I was about 26 and a full-time cop, but things kind of went downhill from there. I now weight 170 and can still bench press 110, which isn't bad for a guy almost 64, but I sure am sore when I do it now.

Enjoy the kayak and being young.
Rex, Autauga Home Supply, our local lumberyard that always has things no one else has, has got the Dura-Bond in 20, 30, and 45 minute varieties. It's about $15 for a 50 pound bag. As soon as I said I wanted
Sheetrock Dura-Bond, he knew right what I was talking about. I don't know if there's a local supply store like that in T-Town but I'll bet that's your best chance to find the stuff.
Sandy, it is sometimes tough to get in this Christmas spirit. December has always been difficult for me since my mom and dad both died in December and my oldest son, who died when he was 19, has a birthday on December 18. He would have been 41.

Combine that with the number of friends that have died recently and it's a little hard to be festive. Still, life goes on. I'm certain that dog was sent to you just to lift your spirits. I finished
A Christmas Carol last night and I'm going to watch
A Christmas Story tonight, which always gives me a lift. I watched
Groundhog Day for about the 20th time a couple of days ago. It's not a Christmas movie, but it always gives me hope of salvation, no matter what a jerk I've been in life.
Jeffrey, glad you're off the antibiotics. Those really make you feel like crap. Sorry about the stress fracture but a couple of hydrocodone will make life seem better.

I think you'll be surprised at how effective that wound vacuum treatment is. All the studies I've read say speeds healing time by almost 50% and almost eliminates the use of antibiotics. I hope your eyes turn out to be OK.
Barry, sorry about Audrey and her fracture too. At least that foot anchor will make it harder to hobble around the mall and spend more money on presents.
Alco, I've seen that Athearn book before and have been meaning get a copy. Thanks for the reminder. Maybe that can go on my Christmas gift list.
Chris, you know you were the one that introduced us all to the concept of DMSF's and now you're corrupting a 14 year old.

Shame on you! Now, where did I store that ammo from the last fight?
I know I missed a bunch more of you and I apologize. I hope everyone is doing as well as can be expected.
It has been raining here for four straight days. First cold, then warm, and now we're headed back to cold again. I was feeling like I was back in Cleveland for a while. The rain has finally been pushed to the south and I think we'll have a couple of at least dry, if not sunny days, with seasonably cool weather. Number 2 daughter has been going with the same guy for the last three years and asked me for permission to marry her. He's a great guy, about to graduate with a degree in finance, and will make a great son-in-law. Tonight is the third anniversary of when he asked her to go steady, so he's going to do the down on one knee thing in the driveway, where he first asked her to go steady. I'm going to hiding behind the RV with a couple of huge artillery shell fireworks to set off when he asks here. These things are gigantic and the whole neighborhood should know something's going on. I love to blow things up.
