Coffee Shop Twenty is now open fer business

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Status
Not open for further replies.
Matt I was dissappointed to see gcollin get banned, I never thought he acted like a troll but he must've done something that got one of the mods ticked-off...

BTW I'm curious, is your user handle a Native American name?

No lol not a native american name, i've always had an interest in bigfoot/sasquatch ever since i found out i live in a supposed hot-spot for activity in the northeast, littlefoot is simply the smaller (me) version of bigfoot, and the 14 is just how old i was when i made the account.
 
I was dissappointed to see gcollin get banned, I never thought he acted like a troll but he must've done something that got one of the mods ticked-off...
Hi Folks
Just a little enlightening for all our members gcollin is 55 years old and he got banned again this morning on a sister forum. So don't feel sorry for him because it's likely he'll be back again with a different name and he'll be banned again. With some experience these jackasses are easy enough to pick out from the true membership who have a genuine interest in model rail.
Thought y'all would like to know it's going to happen again :D

Cheers
Willis
 


WELL PHOOEY! Just got back from Lowe's and they cannot order any thing less than a pallet :eek: of Durabond. He even called US Gypsum and the only place they ship it in Alabama is to a place in Mobile. The good news (hopefully) the man said he ordered a pallet of "Model Plaster" for an Orthopedic company and they only need a few bags. It should be in stock a couple of weeks from now. Not sure what "Model Plaster" is but it sounds right:confused::D. Got any ideas about this stuff?
 
Greetings all from Ye Olde London Towne.
We're finally getting what passes for winter over here. -2c (28f) and about 4 flakes of snow. That's enough to practically shut the city down.
Christmas has been well prepared for. All that remains now is Saturday's trip to Borough market for a few overly expensive fancy nibbles, then the main grocery haul at the supermarket. No modelling has been done for far too long but at least I've got 10 days off over the holidays so maybe, just maybe something magical will happen in the train shed. :)

SWMBO had quite the scare yesterday. She went to the ladies room and had just finished when the access panel at the back of the stall detached and crashed down. This thing is about 80lbs of MDF, it shattered the seat and cracked the toilet. 10 seconds earlier and it would have hit her on the head and neck. Needless to say she was quite shaken. We spend the evening wandering the West End looking at the lights on Regent & Oxford streets. A couple of pubs and Bodean's rib place were visited as well.

Matt: welcome to the coffee shop. Since Chris says you are buying, I'll have a pint of espresso please.

Chris: just an observation but you seem a hell of a lot happier and less stressed now that you are an independent small businessman.

Rex: I'll take the rain and gray mist over shovelling snow and scraping the frost of the car any day. As for your plastering problems, is there a wholesale drywall supplier or similar near you? I used to pick up 20kg bags of hydrocal from a local drywall supplier at about 10% of the cost of using Woodland scenics plaster or the PofP rubbish they sell at places like Home Depot.

Larry: sorry about FiL. So much of cancer survival is down to the attitude and fight of the patient. My FiL fought tooth and nail for months until one day the doctor told him they couldn't operate for some reason. He gave up at that point and passed away the next day. Lets hope he wants to keep on fighting.

A belated Happy Birthday to David, Rico and LTF. Hope the Birthday Bison brought you lots of goodies. :D

Take care all and have a good day where ever you are.

Thanks for noticing Andy!:) I am a little lighter on the stress, I'll feel much happier and more relieved if and when I get 40+ accounts signed on!:o I need 40 to squeek buy and 80+ to be like a pig in a sty! The County Parks has had taken it's toll on me! I was on my way to a Power wash Job near my old job. I had to P, so I figured I'd stop by the park to take a leak and low and behold They re-staffed my park with two new people!:mad:

My work related stress ihas nosed dived! The independent side of the fence is way better and like i said, as soon a business picks up in spring I should be happer! When you see me working on my layout again you'll know I'm doing good enough to support my family and my Train habits!

And no rex it's not the beer talking! I haven't drank beer since last summers vacation!:D
 
Good afternoon Guys,
I worked more on my layout last night/early this morning and so a bit of progress is being made. I also talked with another MRRer I know in Az and he may check-in to the forum too.

Say Jim, Thanks for your imput about the car stop post I have.

Say Willis, How did you determine GCollin is 55?

Have a good day all.
 
thats discusting and pathetic at the same time, a 55 year old who can convincingly pose as a 13 year old is scary

I know it's crazy. My son is 12 going onto 30 and I warn him daily to avoid strangers like the plauge, We don't even turn him loose in Walmart when we're shopping! I see ton's of 10 thur 13 set loose in the stores, Malls, and Parks. Makes me sick to know at any time a nut case can run off with any of these rug rats! Any ways I know your 14 but do take care, and remember Not all crazys are male too! There just as many nutty women out there too, we had several case of crazy school teachers messing with young boys your age too http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/dpp/ne...its_to_Sexually_Abusing_100_Children_16851011 ! So Take care!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Afternoon, everyone.

Rex, if you can wait until after the holidays, I can bring you a few bags of Durabond 45 up from here. I'm amazed no one up there has it. OTOH, the guy at the home supply place said they usually have about three times as much but home building has been so bad that they've cut back the inventory a lot. If the model plaster is the same one I'm thinking of, it's normally called dental plaster and is a very fine form of gypsum. It's used to make molds for dentures and probably stronger than hydrocal. The setting time is still pretty fast, about 10 minutes, but it's carveable for about a half hour. That's really not a bad alternative to Dura-Bond.

This same troll showed up here last year under a different name but still playing the 13 year old kid. He suckered a few of us into sending him some things for his layout, since it was the holidays and we were trying to encourage young modelers. Turns out he was doing the same gig at several other forums. Willis was on to him a lot faster this year. It takes a lot to get banned here so, when someone gets whacked, you can be pretty sure that people like Willis have a good reason.

Phillip, that does look like the original EMD green paint. I see that they've spent the money to get a modern Motorola Spectra radio. It's mounted in the case of the original radio. You can see how huge those old tube units were.

Ken, I was sad to see the Front Range company die but the mechanicals really were terrible. For their time, they did have really nicely detailed shells.

Jeffrey, I hope all the medical stuff came out OK. How was the wound vacuum?

Andrew, holy cow. Almost killed in a loo? :eek: I hope you hunted up the manager of that place and let him have it.

Howdy, Mikey, I still have to get up to the museum to see the trains. I'm planning on next Tuesday.

Barry, that's a very nice thing you're doing, bringing some Christmas cheer to those who need it. I'm sure your voice is better than you're letting on. :)

Larry, I hope things are better with your FIL. I join Phillip in keeping him in my prayers.

Matt, being a peace officer was an interesting and, at times, terrible, career. If you can take the terrible times, it's a good career choice. You sound like a very mature, responsible young man, so you should certainly consider a career in law enforcement if you have an interest.

Finally got some sun down here today and it got up to 59. Even with all the rain, I'll still take it over the snow and ice, as Andrew said. Having had my hand stuck to a car door because it was so cold just isn't my idea of fun. ;) Amanda, our youngest, got engaged last night. It stopped raining so her boyfriend proposed to her in the driveway. I set off the fireworks at the appropriate time. Man, these are big ones. For any of you who were in the military, the shells are about the size of a 40mm grenade without the fins. They rattled the windows of the house and had a sky burst that was at least 200' across. I still have 22 left. I'm going to have fun this New Year's Eve. :D
 
Good afternoon. I finally got all my stuff for today done. The Home Health nurse came by 'around noon' as they call it. Actually about 1 and fitted me up with the wound vac. It took over an hour because she couldn't get it a tiny leak stopped. About 2:10 I finally said it would have to do because I had to take off for my Doppler scan, which I was late for. I got that done then went to the food stamp office to turn in my paperwork there then to the library then to the gas station to get gas for the car, my mother's treat. Tomorrow morning I have to go into town to get my eyes dilated and checked. I'm not looking forward to that at all. In the afternoon I have to go back to get an MRI done. Fun, fun.

Here's a peek at my new favorite pest.
PC160288.jpg
 


Chris- when i was 13 i was allowed to go to the great escape by myself, and the movies and whatnot, but ive always been mature for my age, and if you were to look at me you'd most likely never guess im 14, most of the time i get confused with 16 year olds. I'm a semi-large guy (i guess that contributes to the over guessing my age thing), and my dads father was a prison gaurd, and tought everything he learned at work to my dad, who in turn has tought me, so i think my parents feel alittle better about it. I know the worlds a big place, and that theres nuts, crooks, and terrible people out there, so for now i'll enjoy being a freshman, and learn the ways of life one step at a time.

Jim- Thank you sir, however if i was to be a police officer, I'd almost want to do something with swat, ive just always thought thatd be a great job, particulary because i cannot stand drugs. Honestly though my mom comes from a family of firemen, and someday id like to work there too.

Well tonights been a rather boring night so nothing to report on from HF. Hope everyone has a nice evening.
 
Good Evening--

We did the caroling thing tonight at the Children's Hospital and finished off at the mall --- we have another night of singing for this week then it'll be me working over the weekend again. We'll be doing a few more days next week as well.

Jim This group is working out really well in the singing department. It really helps when you have a person who actually is a choir director!:eek::):)As for my singing---wwweeeelllll:eek::rolleyes:

I got home to a 'Spring' all cuddled up BY the laptop this time---all warm and cuddly--:):):)
 
Glenn, I really appreciate your offer, but I will go ahead and "fuss and cuss" with the plaster of paris with this next section. Heck, it's what I used on all the other mountains; it's just dang hard to work with. I may get Jim to bring some up when he comes to an Op session later on or drive down there and pick some up. The Lowe's fellow said the USG person did not offer the name of the Mobile business and he didn't think to ask. Many Thanks to you, Glenn and Jim and to all others that offered advice! :)

Chris: Ah heck, I know it's not the Bud: just a feeling of being free from all the BS of working for someone else;):)
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Glenn, I really appreciate your offer, but I will go ahead and "fuss and cuss" with the plaster of paris with this next section. Heck, it's what I used on all the other mountains; it's just dang hard to work with. I may get Jim to bring some up when he comes to an Op session later on or drive down there and pick some up. The Lowe's fellow said the USG person did not offer the name of the Mobile business and he didn't think to ask. Many Thanks to you, Glenn and Jim and to all others that offered advice! :)

Chris: Ah heck, I know it's not the Bud: just a feeling of being free from all the BS of working for someone else;):)

shoot, I know Ur J/K!:) Yes work for myself is better, just wish the economy would turn around!:o I like being home more but it does have its disadvantages too! I hope this spring goes good!:o
 
Jeffrey, those wound vacs are a lottle tricky to set up but she'll get it right. Man, I would be so sick of doctors I'd be about ready to slug someone now if I was You. :(

Matt, it's funny that a lot of young people want to be on the SWAT team. Glamorous and exciting, I know, but it's tough, demanding, and dangerous work. You have to work as a street cop for at least five years before you get a chance at SWAT. Even if you get on the team, you still do street patrol in between the SWAT callouts. I never wanted to be a firefighter. I run out of burning buildings. :)

Barry, keep up the singing. I know you are making a lot of people happy even if you can't carry a tune in a basket. One of our cats has decided that climbing up the middle of the Christmas tree is fun. I blow the air horn at him when I catch him but that's good for about 15 minutes. He's one stubborn cat.

Rex, just let me know and I'll grab some of the Dura-Bond for you. As I said, they don't keep a big inventory but he said he can get more in a few days if he's out.

Chris, I had a lot less job stress when I started my own business but also had a different kind of stress, just like you. Always out hustling for jobs and making sure I got paid on time. It took me about a year to get stablished and really start maing some money. It was very stressful during that year, wondering if I made the right decision. It turned out I did and I hope it works out for you too.

Willis, you should take a look at the For Sale section. Something's not right about how CIOR is trying to sell a bunch of engines. May be just his inexperience, but it looks like a potential scam.

Clear and chilly here tonight, with a temperature of 38. Looks like we should get some more rain tomorrow night and Friday, but not as much as we had earlier in the week. If we're lucky, we'll make it back up into the mid-50's by Sunday. Still a lot better than the 27 degrees in Cleveland right now. :eek:
 


Status
Not open for further replies.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top