Coffee Shop Twenty is now open fer business

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Status
Not open for further replies.
Warning! Stay out of central Alabama grocery stores today!
The weather guessers are predicting a 50% chance of snow tonight...... after midnight and should only stick to the grass. Roads are too warm to get coverage.
BUT, the grocery stores will have to get restocked twice today on bread and milk . Due to the large crowds of people who are taking off work at noon to avoid the "hazardous road conditions"!
I have a full weekend. Run trains on the club payout at McWane, hurry home to watch Alabama and Florida for the SEC football Championship, then an evening of Christmas partying. I have a couple things on Sunday, also, but my social secretary will have to remind me where we are going.
Jeffery- please tell me why they take two gallons of blood to test how well your body is making new healthy blood? They may only take a little of YOUR blood, but it always seems like they take gallons on MY blood. Glad the foot pain has receded, somewhat.
 
CJ- Have you taught your new grandson how to "tweak" a new HO model engine to run well? Has he even gotten his eyes open for more than a few minutes at a time?
I still have not found the engine my youngest grandson "put away" for me. :D I'll keep looking and let you know when I find it.
 
I said it before and I'll say it again, Although the Machine started out life as a mower.......Once you remove the deck and you Can't mow grass with it any more......It's no longer is a mower but a Go Kart!:D Now, If It can Fine Cut grass at 30MPH+ and do a nice job and do it all day with out break downs.... I WOULD BE JAW HITTING FLOOR IMPRESSED!:eek::D! Fastest Mower commercial/Fine cut, I been on 12MPH but, at that speed the bumps in the ground turn my spine to jello and the mower had a Air ride seat too!:eek::eek:

Any ways with out getting to Techie.....To mow grass over 12 MPH your Blade tip speed must be way over 3800rpm! Most Commercial Rotary Mowers are set at 3800rpm's any more and the noise and and damage to Man, Machine and Turf would be nuts!
Another article I saw showed the mower doing its thing with deck and blades still attached and working. The grass looked like sh*te but it did cut. :D
 


Warning! Stay out of central Alabama grocery stores today!
The weather guessers are predicting a 50% chance of snow tonight...... after midnight and should only stick to the grass. Roads are too warm to get coverage.
BUT, the grocery stores will have to get restocked twice today on bread and milk . Due to the large crowds of people who are taking off work at noon to avoid the "hazardous road conditions"!
I'm hip! The local weather guesser here said there's a chance of 'light snow' and there was an instant run on the stores.
 
Another article I saw showed the mower doing its thing with deck and blades still attached and working. The grass looked like sh*te but it did cut. :D

I still think the Dixie Chopper ZTR is still ranked fastest Rotory Fine Cut Commercial mower? It's all A Matter of Opion of course!:rolleyes:

I'm Waiting for some Fool to put a Mower deck on a Smartcar or Mini Cooper!:DLOL!
 
I'm hip! The local weather guesser here said there's a chance of 'light snow' and there was an instant run on the stores.

We get that kinda thing with Hurry Can's/Can't's! people wait to the last possible second and bum rush the stores! Thank God we ain't got snow....Today we have lite on and off/ Hitt or Miss rain running through the state and temps in the 60's....was going to Power wash a trailer today but going to hold off till tomarrow. until then I'm going to do some work on my own flower beds between rain bands! Right now it's raing pretty good:rolleyes:....
 
I still think a lawn mower has to have a deck ATTACHED to the tractor!!! So there:):)

We ended up getting the Emerald addition of the Alistair Sim's "A Christmas Carol" DVD--it had both the colorized and the original b/w version. Audrey noticed something on that too---a well known "Hole"----As Scrooge is dancing around his bedroom she noticed that the mirror on the wall reflected back the image of a camera man---:eek::rolleyes::):) Alistair Sims carried that movie very well---:);)

Last night we went out caroling in the drizzle----just wonderful--but there were 9 of us out there just a singin' our hearts out----:):) We're going to try doing some more on Sunday---:D:D:D
 
Last edited by a moderator:
...

CJ, the George C Scott version was the second best. I still think the 1951 version with Alastair Sim is closest to the book. Something about in being in black and white made Scrooge more sinister too.

That's the one I'm talking about. Thought it was from the 30's, Oh Well, my half-heimers again. Still think the Scott version is better.
 
...
I don't buy the snow predictions for tomorrow. I think the precipitation will get here before the cold air and even the available water models keep shrinking with each computer model run. I suspect we'll see a few flakes but that's about it. It should clear out nicely by Saturday afternoon so anything that does fall will be gone quickly. Saturday night should be clear and pretty danged cold, with a low in the mid 20's. By Wednesday, we'll be back in a strong return flow from the Gulf with highs around 70, while a cold front from the Plains bears down on us. We'll probably be talking about severe thunderstorms and tornado's then. The season change fast down here. ;)

The latest runs of the NAM, GFS, WRF models have actually trended wetter Jim. But it is getting to the point to stop watching the models and start watching the radar and using the GOAL, (Go Outside And Look), forecast method. Its been snowing already in Houston and SW of there. Wasn't supposed to start until this afternoon. Schools are already getting out there.

You ought to see what's going on in the Talkweather Forums. Everything from snow weenies to blizzard screechers. Its absolutely hiliarious. I believe that if some of those guys got together in a room, with this system, there would be a fist fight.:D:D

I don't care if we get any to stick or not, I just like to watch it fall. Very relaxing.

Don't forget also, the train show is here tomorrow, 9-4.
 
OK enough is enough with this on off rain!:mad: I just wish it would make up it's mind!:rolleyes: I nixed the working on the flower beds and workd a little on the Lawn Trailers Back lights. had to solder a couple of wire's and I got done just before the rain hit again. The Temp is 57* and feels like it's droping:eek:! I'm actually wearing a long sleeve Tee under my work Tee:eek: Time for some Hot Coffee!:)
 


I know it's not unusual to see snow up north but it is unusual to see it in west central Louisiana. It's been snowing here for over 4 hours now!
 
I said it before and I'll say it again, Although the Machine started out life as a mower.......Once you remove the deck and you Can't mow grass with it any more......
You could always hook a gang of reel mowers to its tail, and mow the golf course in 20 minutes.:eek:
 
You could always hook a gang of reel mowers to its tail, and mow the golf course in 20 minutes.:eek:

Good Idea but Make a long story short........"Won't work!"

Although Remindes me of the time I tried to jump a bunker with a JD 2200 series tractor and a Toro 7 gang reel in tow!:eek: Now that was funny Ended with me waking up in time to jump on the breaks to stop creating two 50'long 6" deep trenches in a fairway! that me took me 3 hours to clean up! Next to me rolling a mower off a cliff that was the second most funniest mower accident!:D
 
Good early morning, everyone.

Just dropping in to say hi before I pass out. Ppent most of the day getting stuff at the store for Dianna. It's amaxing all the things women need they can't get for themselves. Has to go to far outskirsts of Montgomery to pick up two poinsettia plants we bought from a local charity. After that, we still had to stop at more stores to get things. We then had dinner and went to the Alabama Shakespeare Festival to see the stage version of A Christmas Story. The acting was good and if you never saw the movie, it would have been OK. They left out so many things that were important to the story and added things that were never in the movie that I really didn't like it much.

CJ, the models were all wrong again. Our area was supposed to get the snow and, further north, they were supposed to get nothing. Instead, there's light snow from Birmingham north to Huntsville and all we got here was a trace of rain. The bulk of the moisture went went much further north than predicted and the temperature here is still 38 and probably won't drop any further. All the rain has now gone to our east. Even up in north Alabama, the most I've seen is one-half inch, and that will be gone by noon. Looks like the milk and bread panic was for nothing again.

See you guys sometime later today.
 
Started snowing here about 5:30 a.m.:( I'll be leaving for work soon, hopefully the idiots will stay home. I don't mind driving in the snow, as long as I'm the only one out there! Unfortunately, you need 5-6 inches on the roads to keep the idiots with the cars & SUV's at home.
Nothing against SUV's, but lets face it. 4X4's go where they want, SUV's go to the Mall.:p
At least I get off at 12!:D
 
Good Morning--

That's funny how the weather models are all guibbly lately----up here we were told we could see dull with snow flurries and that was it---well--instead we got lotsa sun and not even a speck of snowflake even:)---but North west of us--OY---they got snowsqualls and lotsa it---some places got over a foot of snow, with the accompanying road closures and cancellations. Highway 21 between Goderich and Amberley ON was the first up there to close---due to whiteout conditions and drifting :eek:

well--I's be up and getting ready to head off to work meself at the university---be an all day affair---I get off at 6:30pm---:rolleyes::cool: This basically means I see a little MR time when I get home around 7 pm---maybe---:eek::rolleyes:

You all have a nice one--:):):)
 
Good morning. It's 25 and partly cloudy. The high should be 50 and sunny.

I went to Wal-Mart yesterday to pick up some Miracle Whip after realizing that I was out the day before. The store was jam packed with people buying whatever they could get their hands on. It seems like when the snow started falling they went int panic-buy and horde mode. How stupid can they get? How long do they think snow will last here. The record is a little over a week. I can understand getting enough to last for a few days if the roads might be a mess. Many of these jokers had carts piled high as if their driveways were going to be blocked by a 16 foot wall of snow and ice. Common sense went right out the window. The time to make sure you're prepared is before an event occurs, not when it's occurring. I have plenty of batteries on hand for my flashlights, electric lanterns and radio. I have emergency rations of food and water on hand and I have an alternate structure to relocate to if the need should arise. As for my visit to the doctor yesterday, it went well. Some of the swelling in my ankle and lower leg is down. It's evident now that when the fibula was dislocated from the rest of the ankle the resultant swelling cracked the skin and allowed germs to get in and trigger a cellulitis infection which turned out to be resistant. The Vancomycin they have me on is combating the infection as evidenced by the blood tests and everything is looking good. The number of foot wounds are down to one and it's healing slowly but steadily.

PC050252.jpg
 


Jeff...That looks kinda like the "snowfall" we had Christmas Eve some 5 years ago...First time it had snowed here in close to a century..!! :eek:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top