Coffee Shop Twenty is now open fer business

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all!
Sandy, that is so funny about the air conditioner. I am still laughing.:D

Jim, 10,000!!! Man, you need to start a new layout;) LOL
The bicycles are Schwinn "Point Beach"...old people bikes. Pretty much a standard 26" bike with regular (wide) tires and wide spring seats (thank God), but have 7 gears to help old people over the little humps in the road...LOL:D:D Yeah, a op meet first of the year would be nice. I have several projects on the layout to complete first, but I believe that I can have it ready....enough.

Chris, watch out tonight; you got some wild weather coming in. BTW: if you happen to see the surf and it is reddish looking with Mt. Cody size waves, its the CRIMSON TIDE ROLLING IN and swamping all of Florida :D:D:D:p ROLL TIDE ROLL!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Chris, watch out tonight; you got some wild weather coming in. BTW: if you happen to see the surf and it is reddish looking with Mt. Cody size waves, its the CRIMSON TIDE ROLLING IN and swamping all of Florida :D:D:D:p ROLL TIDE ROLL!

If your talking about the rain..........It came in........then Left! As for the Red tide thing rolling in.........Red tide dies in cold fresh water!:D;)
 


HELLO!!!! SHEEEESH!! Not many people around again!:eek::eek::eek::rolleyes:

Good morning--

Got the ol' rain be rainin' and gettin' wind be windin' going on here---and getting cooler--:eek::eek::eek:

Gotta coupla things to do today then I'll go into the trainroom and get some things done there as well----heeheehee:D:D:D

Now, try to get somewhat lively here people--I think Flo would like some business going on here:rolleyes::D:D

-have a good one
 
Good morning everyone.

Dang, winter is finally here. Not snow yet, but highs below freezing. Until now, we've had record highs. Oh well, cold is good for business!

I had an evening of watching Christmas movies last night. Charlie brown on DVD, followed by Rudolph and Burl Ives on TV. Then I finished it up with National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation. I was in the Christmas mood last night!

I have a boring day at work today. Well, boring if it's slow. We'll see, I have Dickens' A Christmas Carol to read today if it's not busy.

Hope you all have a nice and pain free day!:)
 
Flo, a round of coffee for Barry and Corey and I'll have the truck driver breakfast. Karl and the rest of the gang will be in soon...give them a glass of water on me :rolleyes::D.

Corey, I believe you have the spirit. I need to do a little bit of that psyching to help me get into it all. We are just getting started on our decorations. The wife has already filled every space in the house with some sort of decoration and the tree goes up tonight.
 
Good afternoon. It's 49 and partly cloudy. The high will be near the mid 50's. A low tonight in the mid 30's and a possibility of snow tomorrow.

The ligaments in my ankle are healing slowly. It doesn't hurt quite as much since the bone was relocated. The Home Health nurse came around this morning and changed my dressings and drew blood. The surgery wound on my foot is healing nicely. I hooked up this mornings round of antibiotics and went to town to get the grocery shopping done then came back home. The groceries are put away and I'm just relaxing now. That's quite enough for one day.

PC020238.jpg
 
The docs are playing handball with my meds again. When they started me on this Vancomycin they said to use it twice a day. Then they changed it to once a day. Then they said to use it twice the first day the once a day thereafter. Now they say to use it twice a day again. I have to go see the foot doc tomorrow. I'm going to tell him I'm tired of being bounced around all the time. Make up your mind. This way or that way. It's no wonder I'm in a foul mood.
 
We went to a Motorcycle shop and got my son a sweet Helmet and Googles to go with the mini bike we got him for Christmas:D Now, I got to figure out when I'll run him up to the DMV to get a Photo ID and sign the Title/Register of the bike:confused::confused:
 
Rex, the movies definitely help to set the mood. Now I need to watch A Christmas Story! I have a replica of the leg lamp on my Christmas list!:D
 


Hey All!

Brrrrrrrrrrr! We are at 12 degrees at 7:30 this evening. Got al the way to 18 today. Supposed to get to -2 overnight. Kinda chilly. Time to crank up the air conditioning! Glad that caused a smile, Rex! :D

Jeffrey...I am glad that the pain has eased up, even if it is just a little bit.

Corey...I watched one of my favorite "A Christmas Carol" this evening. Now I am feeling a bit more Christmas-y.

Have a warm evening!

Sandy
 
Rex, the movies definitely help to set the mood. Now I need to watch A Christmas Story! I have a replica of the leg lamp on my Christmas list!:D

"You'll shoot your eye out kid!"

Two movies really get me into the Christmas Spirit.

A Christmas Story

A Christmas Carol with George C. Scott.
 
I just took my 11yr-old to see Jim Carey's '3-D' version of A Christmas Carol at the local theater 2 weeks ago. Lots of Spielberg-style special effects with an occasional comic twist.
 
Drink more Ovaltine! And yes, I own the version of A Christmas Carol with George C. Scott. You have very good taste Carey!:)


I consider this version of a Christmas Carol to be even better than the one that was made in the 1930's. I'm sorry that I can't remember the actors names, but until the GC Scott one came out, it was the best.

Having read the original Dicken's Christmas Carol many, many times, I feel the Scott version stays closer to the original story than any other.
 
Good Morning, Everyone.

Sandy, it's always so much fun driving through a whiteout. :eek:

Rex, no game tomorrow. :( I forgot we have tickets to the Alabama Shakespeare Festival's stage version of a A Christmas Story. It will be interesting to see how they translate Ralphie and the Old Man into live theater.

CJ, the George C Scott version was the second best. I still think the 1951 version with Alastair Sim is closest to the book. Something about in being in black and white made Scrooge more sinister too.

Carey, sounds like you're getting into the spirit. I'm not quite there yet but feeling a little more in the holiday mood.

Jeffrey, you at least sound a little more perky today. I hope the docs can get your vanco dosing straight. Hard enough to remember when you're supposed to do the same thing every day let alone changing it on you all the time.

Barry, I thought it would be snowstorm time up there already. According to what I read today, The entire northeast had the warmest December 3rd on record.

Chris, does the boy need a motorcycle license to drive that thing?

Spent most of today running errands and fixing things. Number 2 daughter's brake light went out. The Pontiac Grand Am has the most difficult way of changing light bulbs ever devised. You have to take the entire taillight fixture out and then figure out which of the five bulbs are bad. I would have marked where the bad one was if I realized the dang thing has five bulbs in one taillight assembly. Got it figured out, changed the bulb, tested it, put the assembly back on and had her test the brake lights. Yep, the one on the other side was now blown. Took the other side out but at least I knew which bulb was which now. All this while the temperature was 45 and the wind was blowing 20 mph. That blew about an hour of my day and another half hour to get my body temperature back to normal. :D

I don't buy the snow predictions for tomorrow. I think the precipitation will get here before the cold air and even the available water models keep shrinking with each computer model run. I suspect we'll see a few flakes but that's about it. It should clear out nicely by Saturday afternoon so anything that does fall will be gone quickly. Saturday night should be clear and pretty danged cold, with a low in the mid 20's. By Wednesday, we'll be back in a strong return flow from the Gulf with highs around 70, while a cold front from the Plains bears down on us. We'll probably be talking about severe thunderstorms and tornado's then. The season change fast down here. ;)
 
Only if he's going to ride on the street with a bigger road bike.....This is a Mini Bike/Offroad/trail bike. All he needs is a photo ID and have the bike registered! We have 12 acres of trails behind the house. So the bike will hardly ever see the street, although kids are all over my neigborhood on their minibikes....the cops won't bother them long as they are wearing a helmet and behaving them selves!
 
Good morning all from Ye Olde London Towne. A chilly 2c on my commute this morning warming to a 'tropical' 7c today. Brrrr.

Not much happening on the train front at the moment. Just putting together the odd bits and bobs when time allows.

SWMBO managed to get a pair of tickets to last night's presentation of Handel's Messiah at St Paul's Cathedral. All I can say is the acoustics mixed with the atmosphere and architecture is WOW.

Jim: I have to agree the Alastair Sim version is the best. They released a colourised version a few years back. Ted Turner has a lot to answer for. We found it on DVD with both the colour and restored B&W versions. Needless to say we've never watched the colour version.

Chris: This is what you need. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/hampshire/8387778.stm says it all.

Take care and have a good weekend. Take pity on me as tomorrow we are shopping on Oxford & Regent streets.
 



I said it before and I'll say it again, Although the Machine started out life as a mower.......Once you remove the deck and you Can't mow grass with it any more......It's no longer is a mower but a Go Kart!:D Now, If It can Fine Cut grass at 30MPH+ and do a nice job and do it all day with out break downs.... I WOULD BE JAW HITTING FLOOR IMPRESSED!:eek::D! Fastest Mower commercial/Fine cut, I been on 12MPH but, at that speed the bumps in the ground turn my spine to jello and the mower had a Air ride seat too!:eek::eek:

Any ways with out getting to Techie.....To mow grass over 12 MPH your Blade tip speed must be way over 3800rpm! Most Commercial Rotary Mowers are set at 3800rpm's any more and the noise and and damage to Man, Machine and Turf would be nuts!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top