Afternoon, all. I'll have coffee and several donuts, Flo.
Carey, that Saturday setup could be a problem but I think that ULL will form while we still have the warm air in place and the surface low dragging the cold air his way will arrive after the moisture has left. That should eliminate th chances of snow but increase the chances of strong storms. We've now had five days with highs of at least 75 and two with highs over 80. This kind of weather in December almost always ends with a bang instead of a whimper. The worst part is none of the models are showing a quantitative precipitation values above about half an inch so it still won't do much for our drought. As long as the storms don't get too strong, I guess we'll take what we can get. That grits scene in "My Cousin Vinny" was hilarious. I saw that movie long before I moved here and didn't realize how funny it was until I've heard people here talk the same way about instant grits.
Phillip, Ray, and Tom, I feel your your pain. I hated it when I never knew if I was going to wake to just another deary, rainy day or a foot of snow. I hope you at least avoid the ice storms that have been such a problem in the Midwest. Phillip, if you can find a way to warm up that rain about 30 degrees, we'll take it down here.
Rex and Paul, I remember all those billboards. I wish I had a barn for a Mail Pouch sign - those used to be anywhere. I put up five different billboards and it really adds to the cluttered look that was so common 30 years ago. There's a site that has all the Burma Shave sign sayings and I'm thinking about adding a set of those going out of town.
Corey, too bad about not being able to trade the suit and the LHS's gloomy outlook for business. I think he's right - we're headed into a prolonged recession so your decision to close your business now will seem like a really good idea a year from now. That Walthers passenger station sure does look impressive in the pictures I've seen but I'd need a huge layout for that plus the track sheds. I wonder how many Walthers think they will sell?
Ray, make us some more cookies when you get back.

Sounds like fun doing all that music work without a boss on your back all the time. Tom, even though it eats up your modeling time, I'm glad you're doing all the work with the Cub Scouts. I like to think the things I learned as a Scout helped me turn out to be a better person.
Fog this morning but 74 degrees now and humid. Feels like May. Even my daffodils are starting to come up. The plants are starting to get really confused about what season this is, including my lawn, which is turning green. I'm afraid they'll find out by Saturday night is really winter.