Coffee Shop Part VIII

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


just got in from the church christingle christmas service, it's for the benefit of the Childrens society who benefit from all the donations, it was great to hear some previously homeless children giving there accounts of what they went through and how the Childrens society helped them, very nice sing song as well.
 
PHEWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Monday morning here, what a weekend.

Jan and I married in our garden on Saturday, had a stunning sunny day. 50 friends and family and all went well.

Now we can get back to normal life!!

Ken.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
PHEWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Monday morning here, what a weekend.

Jan and I married in our garden on Saturday, had a stunning sunny day. 50 friends and family and all went well.

Now we can get back to normal life!!

Ken.

DUDE!!!!!!

Major Congrats man!
 


Wow, Ken, congratulations! You're ugly but she sure is a beautiful bride. :) Just kidding, you both make a very handsome couple and I wish you both a long and happy life together.

It's a little late in the afternoon but I could still use a cup of coffee, Flo. It was a long day yesterday but satisfying. Carey, as a newcomer to Alabama, I've learned that things work the way they work and I'm not going to change it. I've spent quite a bit of time sailing in the Caribbean so that got me ready for the experience of living here both in terms of weather and politics. :) It is still galling, no doubt, but Alabama isn't going to change their sometimes warped concept of morals.

Steve, that's nice to hear that those children are being helped, gives me a warm feeling in my heart that there are people who still care about the less fortunate. I thought that was a diesel behind the train and it makes sense that the train has to get back and forth somehow without the steam engine. The Union Pacific used to insist on having a diesel in the consist when they first started running steam excursions so the diesel could take over if the steam engine died. After about a million miles of trouble free service, they finally decided to dispense with the diesel.

Old 97, sounds nice and cozy as long as you don't have to set foot outside.

Ken, since that Baltimore team is really the stolen Browns, I don't much like them either. Of course, the "real" Browns still are in the race for the playoffs this year so that makes me a feel a little better. All of us Alabama boys would be happy to take some of the rain off your hands though. :D

Phillip, I'll e-mail about Jeffrey. Seems like this shouldn't be all that difficult to solve.

Ray, sounds like you are doing your usual good works. I hope you bake cookies better than me - I tried it once and the ants wouldn't even eat them.

It's another beautiful day in Dixie. Partly cloudy and 75 degrees. This kids across the street are in their bathing suits playing on a slip and slide. Certainly a non-Christmas-like activity.
 
PHEWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Monday morning here, what a weekend.

Jan and I married in our garden on Saturday, had a stunning sunny day. 50 friends and family and all went well.

Now we can get back to normal life!!

Ken.

Ken and Jan, hearty congratulations to both of you. A Spring wedding huh? May you have many, many years of happiness together!
 
12-10-2007

Good Morning from Tipton IN ! :D

TIPTONDEPOT.png


:eek:

donuts1.png
THECOFFEESHOP.png
3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawl.png

BreakfastMenu.png
 
Lookin good Flo, do something different with the hair??
I'll just have coffee with toast and jelly.
Got the wood stove runnin hot and now I've got some paperwork to finish up.

Have a great day all.
 


Good morning folks

It was 38 F with a misty rain as I headed off to the slave pits this morning. Our high today is supposed to be 51 F but with more rain. As a matter of fact it is supposed to rain until Thursday.

On Sunday we had to go and order new in the wall double ovens. Our top oven is no longer maintaining the set temperature thus nothing will cook in it.

Since I decided not to deal with the grab irons I got out the other 4 coil cars. Because it did not involve drilling I added the handrails to the hoods and began painting them.

I hope everybody has a good day.
 
Morning all! I am re-cooping from the train show this weekend! It was jammed pack Saturday but Sunday was a lil slow. Still a lot of fun though!

Back to work I am thinking on going to the show in Tampa...hmmm. We will see.

Ya'll have a good un'!
 
Good Morning All ! Looks like a full house today . It's cloudy and wet but the sleet they forecast was a wash here in our area but other parts of Western New York where not as fortunate. Congrtas. To Ken & Jan and many years of happiness together. Tom bad time to loos an oven, with all the cookies to be baked. Hope everyone has a wonderful day. Oh yeah how about them Bills !!
 
Mornin'!

Well, I have had quite a morning already! I woke up to get sick, then went to go to work anyways and found the car battery dead. Jumped in the van (to heck with the car....I'll fiddle with it later) and found it on E. Got gas and went to work to find our phone system down. It's not good when the phone company's phone system is down! Fixed that and found that I needed to fix the lead salesmans car. Quite a day so far!

Next, I work a few hours and then head home to pick up the wife. She has a big doctors appointment today. She has to get x-rays done and then they're going to evaluate her to see if she can start putting weight on that leg yet. Who knows, another couple of months and she could be walking!

So thats my little world. How's yours?
 
Monring, everyone. I want some coffee, eggs, and grits. Flo, you've got add grits to the menu for us Southern boys. :)

Phillip, my day is considerably calmer than yours. Nothing like five things going wrong right off the bat. But I hope all the x-rays on your wife turn out positive and that she can soon do some weight bearing. That's the most important thing today.

Tom, every time I read your post about going to work, I'm glad I'm retired. Sorry about that oven. I know those babies aren't cheap. We've got a built-in convection-microwave above the stove and I dread the day that thing quits working.

Alco, it sounds like you had a nice haul from that train show. I sure wish we had one closer to Alabama. I have no idea why there seems to be so little model railroad interest in these parts. I'd even drive down to Pensacola or up to Huntsville for a good show.

Good day to anyone else I may have missed. Had some fog overnight but it's cleared out now and we are already up to 65 degrees headed for 80. I've been working on some billboards and thinking about re-doing the yard trackage. Just thinking, mind you, but Rico posted a good way I can realign things and get a runaround track in the yard, which would be a big help switching. OTOH, I've just finished up all the scenery and the yard has just the right weedy but not overgrown look I like. Hmmm...decisons, decisions. :)
 
Good morning folks. Sounds like everyone had a decent weekend. I did the Christmas thing with my father and siblings. It was a nice day. I received the air compressor that I asked for. I figure I won't need it right now, but it will be handy after I get an airbrush from my uncle.

We decided to move in with my mother for a few months. She lives in the area we want to move to. Every month we live there, we can save around two thousand dollars. I figure three months, six thousand dollars, not bad. It will give me a chance to get a job or jobs depending on the what's out there. Right now I'm in the process of finding good homes for half of my stuff. Our families are about to hit the gold mine of free stuff. Some things are being given away, others are out on loan. We're going to get a small apartment and store the rest of what we have. I figure we'll be able to buy a bigger, better house than what we are losing in about two years.

I talked my wife into letting me start a modular layout. I'm thinking I'll start with 2x4 foam and go from there. I want to design a large sectional unit and build it piece by piece. Well, that's what's going on around here. I hope everyone has a good day.
 
Mornin' everyone!

Another gray day here in the Finger Lakes. Currently 29°F and not going to get much warmer.

I finally figured out what was shorting out on my Bachman Decapod. The pickups that are on the loco itself (in the case under the wheels) are bent up so that they intermittently touch the frame of the loco. I tried to fix it last night, but only managed to bind the drive wheels. At least I now know what the problem is.......

Jim, grits? Ain't that the stuff that tastes just like whatever you put on them??? Actually I love grits and I'm a Yankee. So, Flo, lets get grits on the menu for them Southern Fellas (and a couple Yankees as well...).

Corey, sounds like you have a good plan. Hope everything works out well for you!

Philip, hope your wife's appointment has lots of good news for her. It won't be long before she will be chasing you around the house again (probably with a rolling pin to get you to behave...:rolleyes: ;) :D ).
 
One other note of interest from the Christmas Festivities. I was informed by my brother that my three and a half year old nephew LOVES TRAINS! He is buying him Geo trax? I've heard of this, but haven't seen it. I'm hoping to help cultivate the youngster's interests. My brother also asked about our old trains. He wanted to know if the old Mantua still worked. I informed him of the self destruction the Mantua tried in it's inaugural run. He seemed sad, it was his favorite as a child as well. I may have to re-motor and replace the running gear on the old girl. Money wise, it's probably not worth it. For nostalgia proposes, I may do it anyway. I just thought I'd share with you guys what I'm trying to share with my family. I'm working on multiple fronts to do my part in 'saving' the hobby! It needs saving if you follow threads 'across the street'!
 
A big congrats Ken and Jan! Does this mean more or less time with the trains?:D :D

Jim, you remind me of an X brother-in-law that originated from Michigan. He complained constantly about Alabama, from the weather to the politics. One day I had enough and asked him why he is still residing in the state after 25 years, even told him love it or leave it. His reply was, "Oh, don't misunderstand, I like it here.":confused: :confused: (BTW: I would leave it, but haven't found any other state that was different, just not as obvious.;) )

Ray, I hate grits, but thanks anyway.:D
 






Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top