Coffee Shop Part VII is now OPEN

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Status
Not open for further replies.
Bald is SEXY,,,,, and to prove a point

How SEXY is this BALD Mole,,, yes folks it's a mole, bet he gets cold in winter

Uglylitt.jpg
 
Hey guys!

Steve where'd you get that lil' critter from...your backyard?

Rex, I'm not quite sure I understand exactly what you did, but it doesn't matter too much now since most of my hard-to-reach, sub-surface soldering has been done. Only thing left is the turnouts.

No mrr for me this evening, I'm taking the missus out to dinner to celebrate her birthday. It's an easy date for me to remember, because it's exactly one month later than my own!:D
 
REX this is a family place and NO four letter words allowed.
"Larry/Philip/Tom: Take heart, that forecast could be snow."
 


So, I've been looking into stuff for a house recently. I can get a 6.25% loan, so far pre-approved for $345k. I've found a few "viable" homes so car, here in San Diego. One in particular was built in 1952, its a two story, on about 1/4 an acre (which is big for SD, from what I've seen for far, most lots here are around 1/8 of an acre). No garage, but no matter, I want a fully integrated room, not a garage for my trains. Best part, its only $260k, which leaves me a good $75k for the add-on, to start my train layout!
 
Good morning folks

It was a muggy 72 F as I headed out this morning. There was also a thick blanket of fog to deal with on the drive to work. It is more August-like now than it was in August with a high today of 86 F with ugly humidity.

No modeling last night. We had Cub Scouts and flute lessons. I am waiting for the dams to dry on the museum diorama. I should be able to begin pouring water tonight.

I hope everybody has a good day.
 
Good Morning Bill & Tom ! Looks like another nice day here on the Niagara Frontier. Suppose to get up to 77 and a lot less wind then yesterday . We had an unfortunate accident in our area . Two men were up on and extened boom working on a new hotel in the wind yesterday . They fell off and one man died . OASHA can have a good time with this one. just feel for the man's family . Well gotta get going . Oh yeah Josh hope you get your home. Boy the prices are something else out that way . I fought my city to get my assesment down to 64,000 thousand on my three bedroom two and half story house !!! Well good luck with the purchase .
 
Good morning.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 10/4/2007

Heat Index: 70°F
Humidity: 88%
Dew Point: 66°F

So Far Today
High: 72°F
Low: 69°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 6mph ENE

Today High: 92 Partly sunny with isolated showers. Highs in the lower 90s. East winds up to 10 mph. Chance of rain 20 percent.

Tonight Low: 70 Mostly cloudy with isolated showers. Lows around 70. Light and variable winds. Chance of rain 20 percent.

P9200002-1.jpg
 
Mornin' everyone!

I know that most of you just won't believe this, esspecially after all of the weather reports you've seen from me this year so far, but get this.....

We're going to have weather around here today that is unusually hot!

Today: partly sunny and warm - high: 86

Tonight: increasing clouds and muggy - low: 67

Normal highs for this time of year is low to mid 70's! I guess summer is going to stick around for a while.

Gotta do the online class thing tonight after work. I suppose it might be a good idea to actually read the books *just kidding*. So far this online class is a breeze.

Josh, have fun with the house hunt. (Boy, they sure are expensive out there! I just bought a 3000sq. ft. brand new, built to order, house with all the bells and whistles (gas fireplace, whirlpool tub and all) on a private lake for $150k just a year ago here! God is good!)
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Mornin' [/b]Bill[/b]!

Mornin' Tom!

Mornin' Paul!

Mornin' jeffrey!

Mornin' Philip!

Hey Josh, you been here all night? Yeah house prices are rediculous in many parts of the country. I have a son that lives in Chicago. 5 or 6 years ago he and his partner and college friend bought a two story brick house that had 2 apartments for $360,000. The house is now assessed for $600,000. The payment is almost as much as I get a month in retirement.
 


:) Good morning friends!:)

Carey came over yesterday morning and we had a grand time with plenty of B.S., laughs, and one big argument over open grid vs. "L" girder (that ended in a draw). We didn't beat our 14 hour marathon, but we did have 11 hours of railroading fun. I'm so beat up, looks like an afternoon nap will be needed for recovery:o :D .

I believe new houses around here are being built between $110-120/sq ft., plus land. Ridiculous, but not as bad as some parts. At least we have a very low property tax...for now!
 
Afternoon all, nice and sunny here but you can feel the chill in the air.

Josh Happy househunting, i found this House We are looking at the one at the bottom, the "BLUFF", NZ$90,000 not sure what that is in USD$

OR this one next to botton the "Vantage" comes with four car garage, (two car garage, plus railroad room more like)
 
The prices are insane, but when you're in a town were the MEDIAN price is $600k+, $260k looks lucrative! Especially with its lots size. I'd like to move, but if I do, pulling an $18+ an hour job, thats as easy as I have now will be impossible. I'd rather stay here, pay more for the house and keep my awesome job. HOWEVER around that time I should know if my government job is getting contracted out, and if it is, then I'm most likely gonna end up further North.

I'm not here all night, 12am, just happens to be my final online check before I go to sleep!

Steve, thats cheap for us, about $68k USD! Thats about what you would pay for a TRAILER HOME here in San Diego.
 
I'm not here all night, 12am, just happens to be my final online check before I go to sleep!

LOL, I was just kidding around, Josh. Yours was the first post here this morning EDT (or last night PDT) so I thought I would jerk your chain a bit. Good luck on the house, BTW.
 
Thanks Ray! It'll be a few months, I don't want to pay to break the lease here so I'm going to just let it run its course.
 
Danged, where is everyone! Oh well, Flo, give me half of that pumpkin pie to go. I'm going to get me a quart of cold milk and watch a little late TV.
 
I'm here, Late again...

P.S. Ray, gotta tell you, the Waitress that works late, is very good looking, might be why I'm here so late. ;) :eek: :p
 
Good morning.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 10/5/2007

Heat Index: 80°F
Humidity: 88%
Dew Point: 72°F

So Far Today
High: 76°F
Low: 73°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 8mph E

Today High: 85 Mostly cloudy with a 50 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Highs in the mid 80s. East winds around 10 mph.

Tonight Low: 72 Mostly cloudy. Chance of showers and thunderstorms in the evening...then slight chance of showers and thunderstorms after midnight. Lows in the lower 70s. East winds around 10 mph. Chance of precipitation 50 percent.

P1010003-5.jpg
 


the Waitress that works late, is very good looking, might be why I'm here so late
Sounds like my old job at the gas station years ago, mmmm nice ;)

Rex were is carey, did you wear him out driving trains
 
Status
Not open for further replies.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top