ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
Good Morning ALll !!! Looks like another gorgeous day here on the Niagara Frontier. High about 81 and plenty of sun . Gotta do some exterior work today so have to get going . here's another look at the apples we Picked !!!
I had the pleasure of taking my old geriatric Kitty cat to the vets for blood work this morning.... She appears to be doing well so I hope the results are good for her. She is such a sweet old girl. She is sitting at my side right now recovering from the ordeal. I get to go to the dentist this afternoon as a crown has decided to come loose. Aren't I lucky?
This week will be clean the house, mow the lawn (maybe for the last time this season), work on the wood pile, fix the snowblower, and did I mention clean the house.....??? My Granddaughter Olivia will be baptized next Sunday in Church so I will also need to make sure I have some new threads to wear..... I'm hoping that the stuff I ordered a couple weeks ago at my LHS will arrive and I might get done with the area in the town finally as well.
Good Morning ! Bill & Philip . Looks like we might set a record with heat in this part of the woods today . The old record is 82 and it is suppose to hit 86 so it is a good possibilty we might break the record which has stood since 1908 . No global warmimg here. Well gotta get going and finish painting my sunporch so you all have a real nice day !!
Could Fall be in the air? The temperatures have been cool in the morning like this morning as it was 64 F. The humidity, however, has been up and down. Some days feel fallish others feel like the middle of summer. Today is one of the summer-like days with a high of 87 F and close to 100% humidity.
I worked on trying to blend the base of one of the barns into the layout. I used some lightweight spackle that I have used in the past. I am not thrilled with the results last night. I will let it sit for a day and see how it looks tonight. The tree building marathon continues as we built another 15 and I sealed 25. All toll we have 60 trees for the museum diorama.
Good morning. Today's Weather for:
Leesville, LA 71446-6114 9/25/2007
Heat Index: 80°F Humidity: 89% Dew Point: 72°F
So Far Today High: 75°F Low: 73°F Rain: 0.00" Rain Rate: 0.00"/h Gust: 6mph ESE
Tuesday High: 85Mostly cloudy withshowers and thunderstorms likely. Highs in the mid 80s. Light and variable winds. Chance of precipitation 60 percent.
Tuesday Night Low: 68Mostly cloudy with a50 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms.Lows in the upper 60s. Light and variable winds.
Talking about record high temps in the Finger lakes today. May hit 88°F by this afternoon. I hate like all get out to have to start up the air conditioner, but its already hot and humid inside my house. I promised my Sister-in-law that I would finish getting some wood from a tree they cut down a couple years ago at their cottage in Vine Valley (yep that's the name of the place - we got some quaint names way up here in the North too....) this afternoon. Lucky the air conditioner is back working in the truck. Vine Valley, thats in the town of Potter just the other side of Italy Valley on Canandaigua Lake. If your coming in from Middlesex, you got to pass over Flint Creek, Nettle Valley creek and go through the Potter swamp. When you get to Route 21, hang a left and spiral down the hill then bear right, its just past the old church. Ya can't miss it.
Went down to the LHS yesterday. Nothing I ordered 3 weeks ago has come in yet. I asked him to check to make sure it got ordered. He called before I even got home to tell me that "Walthers Out of Stock" has most of it on back order and the few items that are in stock will be arriving in a couple of days. Of course everything I needed to complete the Hopewell Junction scene are on back order and are expected in a few months.... Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!
Hot and humid again. It was 70 F as I headed out this morning. The high today is supposed to be 88 F. It feels like mid August not late September.
No modeling last night. I am waiting for the spackling I placed around the small barn’s base to dry so I can sand and paint it. I did seal the last batch of trees for my wife’s diorama. We start planting tomorrow night. I doubt we will get to it tonight since we have a Cub Scout Pack Meeting and Recruitment Night that will keep us busy this evening.
Ray - I had that problem [slow turnaround on special orders] with one of my LHS, it took a special order of brass scratchbuilding shapes 5 weeks to get to his store! Then I found out he was ordering that stuff thru Walthers. Since that experience, I always ask a shop if they get whatever brand I'm ordering from a 'dedicated' distributor of that brand (other than WKW). If so, I'll order it - otherwise I order thru someplace else that does.
Tuesdays are my regularly scheduled half-workdays, and yesterday was one of those rare times I had a few hours of my own. So I finished fastening the track [but not wiring it] in my new staging yard. Then I decided to try to fix an annoying problem on my mainline, where the locos always hesitate at a certain spot. There's a #8 turnout there, so I figured I'd run an extra pair of feeders to it. Turns out that was two hours of wasted effort - the locos' performance didn't improve one iota! The problem area spans two different blocks, I guess tonight I'll connect a meter and check the voltage on either side and see if they're roughly the same.
Good Morning Bill , Tom & Ken L . Looks like it cooled off a bit here after a record high yesterday . Cold front cam thru with a bang and light show. But it is still humid . Will try to get some more painting done on the house . Have a great day all !!!!!!
Mornin' Ken L! I have only one LHS right here in Geneva. They do business with Walthers and Horizon Hobbies. They send out an order about once a week and usually get it in the next week. Very good about calling as soon as the item(s) have arrived. They give a 10% off to regular customers and if the item is on sale recognize and give me the sale price. What happened was Walthers had the items listed as in stock and sold out before the order went in. The owners son manages the store now and was a music student of mine many years ago (middle school). He always gives me great service and usually we chat about music (he is a performer and song writer) or whatever is going on in town or around the nation. You may have noticed that I really like the store (they just tripled their store size BTW) and consider myself very lucky to have them right in town. I'll put up with the backorders as I have plenty of other things I can do.......... Just ranting yesterday.
Mornin' Paul! Looks like those thunderboomers will heading my way later on today. Right now it is 83°F in Geneva but tomorrow the high is forecast as 70°F so Fall is on the way.
So far today I split and stacked about a face cord of wood so I can stay warm this winter. (You southern boys might not understand..... ) Got about one more pickup load to get out at my Sister-in-law's cottage. Hopefully that and what I have left to split sitting in my driveway will be enough to get me through this coming Winter along with what I had from last year. That cool front that Paul was talking about finally rolled through here about an hour ago. Just waiting now to hear from the Vet about my geriatric kitty's blood work. If she doesn't call soon I will give them a call.
How's everyone this evening? Flo, got time for one cup of joe and I'll be on my way.
The boss lady, Mighty Mo, and me are heading out to the wilds tomorrow to enjoy a long weekend of camping. We will be about 20 miles up river (NE) and 50 road miles away at the campground I mentioned a couple of weeks back. Should be great weather after tomorrow with highs, low 80's, and low's, low 60's/upper 50's.
Hope all have a fun and safe weekend.
REX
Have fun Rex! Sounds like some nice camping weather.
I'm sitting down cellar waiting for some decals to dry. Decided to put together a couple Roundhouse Cabeese that have been sitting on a shelf for over 20 years. I am getting close to being able to do operations on the layout and figured if I have 4 or more trains, I will probably need more than one caboose.... I also repainted and decaled some very old Bobbers that are in some other roadnames for the Seneca Lake, Ontario, and Western RR. I bought 4 roundhouse caboose kits many years ago. Got one painted and decaled with some decals I had back then. Before I could get the others done, my wife got sick (leukemia) and died. Those old kits were sure a pain to assemble. Poorly written instructions and no ideas for what to do first. Just a diagram of what goes where. You'll be seeing them next weekend (that's a warning!).