Coffee Shop Part VI

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Status
Not open for further replies.
Got the bridge to sit in place and mocked up the track curves to it. Looks to be promising, I plan on semi-permanently laying the curves down tonight to actually test my big locos across it. If it works I'll make the curves permament then I plan on finishing up my roller drawer for hiding my zephyr controller when not in use.

This sounds interesting. If it works out, how about a pic?
 


018.jpg

002.jpg

006.jpg

007.jpg

008.jpg

009.jpg

010.jpg

011.jpg

012.jpg

013.jpg

014.jpg

015.jpg
 
Got the bridge to sit in place and mocked up the track curves to it. Looks to be promising, I plan on semi-permanently laying the curves down tonight to actually test my big locos across it. If it works I'll make the curves permament then I plan on finishing up my roller drawer for hiding my zephyr controller when not in use.

Yeah, you need to test with the biggest, baddest, locomotive you got. I don't know if you have an articulated, but they have a heck of a front end swing that you may want to compensate for. (Someday, you may get you one.) I had a tunnel coming off of a curve and my Class A did fine...one way only. The other way it smacked the side of the tunnel. Needless to say, I had to do some carving:o :D .
I agree with Phillip...Where's the pictures? Ha!:D

EDIT: Hey Jeffrey, GREAT PHOTOS!
 
Mornin' Bill!

I'm off to the New York Museum of Transportation and the Rochester and Genesee Valley RR Museum for Diseasal days. I hope to have some photos to share this evening.
 
Mornin' all!

Not much to say right now. Slept in and now I've got to go rebuild a carb. I've been putting it off, but now's the time!

Beautiful day today BTW!
 


GoodMorning !!! Bill , Ray , Phillip & Mark , Coffee is nice and hot there . They just built a Tim Horton's not more then 1/4 mile away from my house so I'll be going there alot. Ray have fun at the museum and hope to see your pics after . Hey guys I have two parties to go to today so I have to get going. Oh yeah Jeffrey really nice shots there also . Have a great day all !!!!!!
 
Good Morning.

I was taking some pics on the layout and I came up with this shot.

033.jpg


So far, this little camera is really surprising me. I bought it on a whim, thinking that for $10 it was probably junk. Looks like I was wrong.

BTW, todays weather is:

Today High: 92 Mostly cloudy with scattered showers and thunderstorms. Some thunderstorms may produce heavy rainfall. Highs in the lower 90s. Light and variable winds becoming southeast around 10 mph in the afternoon. Chance of rain 50 percent.

Tonight Low: 75 Mostly cloudy. Lows in the mid 70s. South winds up to 10 mph in the evening becoming light and variable.

eggsandham.jpg
 
Hi all...time for lunch! Hi Mark and welcome to the coffee shop. Flo is the waitress with the...uh...short dress and the...never mind. :rolleyes:
Hey everyone, Mark is buying lunch!!:D :D
 
Not that one, the white one from the earlier group of pics (the long passenger diesel)...

Darn, you guys are making me hungry. The BBQ is being fired up as we speak...

Mark
 
Hi Mark, good to meet you. Welcome to the nicest coffee shop on the web! If you talk real sweet to flo, sometimes she will put your tab on Fergies bill.:eek: :rolleyes: ;)

I just got home from the museums. Had a day of trolley rides, speeder rides, caboose rides, and of course a couple runs in the cab of some of them diseasal type things. The last one even included a derailment. No injuries reported but details at 11. Stay tuned for further information.... and now a word from our sponsors!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I just saw a very interesting consist roll through here.

I was checking out a parked loco on a siding, CSX #8054 (SD40-2), when a train pulls to a stop nearby. Now most of the trains in this area have two, maybe three loco's on them. Not this one! This one had five! And they were interesting ones too!

On the point was CSX #7521 (C40-8....looking mighty tired!), then was HLCX #7521 (SD40-2.....ex.BN), next was CSX #2554 (GP38-2), followed by CSX #1562 (GP15-1.....ex. Conrail) and CSX #1535 (GP15-1.....ex. Conrail).

Now thats something you just don't see very much around here!

I only wish I'd had my camera!
 


Man! I'm about to pop! I just went up to Jimmy's, the local ice cream shop, and got a large black rasberry malt. It was awesome, but I think my eyes might have been bigger then my belly!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top