Coffee Shop Part VI

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Status
Not open for further replies.
And here I am still using Media Player 9 with Windows 98SE.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 9/19/2007

Heat Index: 78°F
Humidity: 94%
Dew Point: 72°F

So Far Today
High: 73°F
Low: 66°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 0mph NNE

Today High: 92 Partly cloudy. Highs in the lower 90s. Light and variable winds.

Tonight Low: 68 Partly cloudy. Lows in the upper 60s. Light and variable winds.
 
Good Morning All ! Another beautiful day here on the Niagara Frontier . Gonn a get up near 80 again . A fitting tribute to the last days of Summer. Steve very nice joke there. SpaceMouse somtimes change is not a good thing . Well gonna get going so You all have a nice day !!!
 


Morning crew,

Just another typical September Wednesday here in the mid-'lantic region. I'm feeling somewhat relieved having finally taken my Honda in to have the brakes examined - turns out the scraping noise was just something that need adjustment, so the bill was $30 instead of the $500 I had feared. Wish I could take that money and blow it at the LHS, but there are other priorities...

Speaking of LHS: There's newer one in my region that opened ~2 years ago that I never really checked out until a month ago - turns out it's a very well-stocked place. Model RR oriented. On a 1-10 scale I'd give it an 8. The owner is having a Customer Appreciation Cookout this coming Saturday, I definitely plan to go there and [hopefully] meet some of the other modelers from my region.

Chip and Tom, I feel your pain. This time of year is always rough for me, timewise: Back-to-school activities, soccer games, winterizing the swimming pool, preparing for/hosting birthday parties. Doesn't leave much, if any, time to work on the layout. I've partially laid some track on my new staging yard but I still need to wire it, wiring is a job I absolutely loathe so I've been procrastinating on that. Want to get it done all-at-once so I can go forward with the rest of my mrr plans, 15 minutes a night just won't do it for me.

Steve: I remember a scene similar to that from a comedy movie in the 1980's called Young Doctors In Love, a parody of hospital-based soap operas. Except the professor was pointing to a group of urine-filled specimen cups, and the one he stuck his finger in contained apple juice...

Phillip, glad to hear you're on the mend.
 
Remember When ?















!
















Do you remember ?


Black and White
(Under age 40? You won't understand.)


You could hardly see for all the snow,

Spread the rabbit ears as far as they go.

Pull a chair up to the TV set,

"Good Night, David. Good Night, Chet."



My Mom used to cut chicken, chop eggs and spread mayo on the same cutting board with the same knife and no bleach, but we didn't seem to get food poisoning

My Mom used to defrost hamburger on the counter AND I used to eat it raw sometimes, too. Our school sandwiches were wrapped in wax paper in a brown paper bag, not in icepack coolers, but I can't remember getting e.coli

Almost all of us would have rather gone swimming in the lake instead of a pristine pool (talk about boring), no beach closures then.

The term cell phone would have conjured up a phone in a jail cell, and a pager was the school PA system.

We all took gym, not PE.. and risked permanent injury with a pair of high top Ked's (only worn in gym)
instead of having cross-training athletic shoes with air cushion soles and built in light reflectors. I can't recall any injuries but they must have happened because they tell us how much safer we are now.

Flunking gym was not an option... even for stupid kids! I guess PE must be much harder than gym.

Speaking of school, we all said prayers and sang the national anthem, and staying in detention after school caught all sorts of negative attention.

We must have had horribly damaged psyches. What an archaic health system we had then. Remember school nurses? Ours wore a hat and everything.

I thought that I was supposed to accomplish something before I was allowed to be proud of myself.

I just can't recall how bored we were without computers, Play Station, Nintendo, X-box or 270 digital TV cable stations.

Oh yeah... and where was the Benadryl and sterilization kit when I got that bee sting? I could have been killed!

We played 'king of the hill' on piles of gravel left on vacant construction sites, and when we got hurt, Mom pulled out the 48-cent bottle of Mercurochrome (kids liked it better because it didn't sting like iodine did) and then we got our butt spanked.

Now it's a trip to the emergency room, followed by a 10-day dose of a $49 bottle of antibiotics, and then Mom calls the attorney to sue the contractor for leaving a horribly vicious pile of gravel where it was such a threat.

We didn't act up at the neighbor's house either because if we did, we got our butt spanked there and then we got butt spanked again when we got home.

I recall Donny Reynolds from next door coming over and doing his tricks on the front stoop, just before he fell off. Little did his Mom know that she could have owned our house. Instead, she picked him up and swatted him for being such a goof. It was a neighborhood run amuck.

To top it off, not a single person I knew had ever been told that they were from a dysfunctional family. How could we possibly have known that?

We needed to get into group therapy and anger management classes? We were obviously so duped by so many societal ills, that we didn't even notice that the entire country wasn't taking Prozac! How did we ever survive?

LOVE TO ALL OF US WHO SHARED THIS ERA, AND TO ALL WHO DIDN'T- SORRY FOR WHAT YOU MISSED. I WOULDN'T TRADE IT FOR ANYTHING

Pass this to someone and remember that life's most simple pleasures are very often the best.
 
Good evening folks, I was trying a little experiment with scenery material this afternoon, and after some photoshooting and some Photoshopping I came out with this :)

Kindly give me some feedback about the foreground material.

Steam_Mountain.jpg
 
[rant mode]Arruuuugh! I just upgraded from Windows Media Player 10 to 11. It's a piece of steaming rotting doggie do. It's has no ability to manipulate files. It will no longer tell you what will fit on your MP3 player. You can view your MP3 player to delete files. I can't for the life of me see what it does do better except make me angry. It now takes me twice as long to rip and organize my files.[/rant mode]
Chip, you want to know something worse about WIMP 11? Sony Sonic media center uses WMP to associate files, and with 11, it cannot recognize the program. Lucky Sonic still works, or I'd be REALLY angry.
 
THANKS All for the Happy Birthday wishes by way of Email.
Have a GREAT Day everyone!!

Larry
 
Sorry Larry, didn't know.

SO:
:) "HAPPY BIRTHDAY, LARRY!":)
​


Don't forget: That when you turn 50, you are allowed to count backwards. I've reached 38 again:D :D .
 


Happy birthday, Larry!!!
​

Sorry if I'm late, as like Rex, I didn't notice.

Rex, Seems we're getting quite a contingent of the folks from ALA. on here!:D

I see where ThroughBreed's from Phenix City. We have you, Grandeman & LGM, L&N Castle, BMRR, WC&WBrasshat, me....Anybody I'm missing???
 
Status
Not open for further replies.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top