Coffee Shop Part VI

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning
Potofcoffeepouring.gif

cid_003901c6b330ad0b78500a01a8c0use.gif

Happy MRRing
freight.gif
 
Good Morning.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 7/26/2007

Heat Index: 78°F
Humidity: 89%
Dew Point: 70°F

So Far Today
High: 74°F
Low: 72°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 3mph SE

Today High: 88 Mostly cloudy. Slight chance of showers and thunderstorms in the morning...then rain likely and scattered thunderstorms in the afternoon. Some thunderstorms may produce heavy rainfall in the afternoon. Highs in the upper 80s. Light and variable winds becoming southeast around 10 mph in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation 70 percent.

Tonight Low: 72 Cloudy with scattered thunderstorms and rain likely. Lows in the lower 70s. Light and variable winds. Chance of precipitation 70 percent.

steakandeggs.jpg
 


Good morning folks

The hot and humid weather has returned. It will be 87 F today with a chance of thunderstorms. We actually have a chance of thunderstorms all the way through Monday. Currently it is a sticky 73 F.

No modeling last night. We hosted our Cub Scout Pack Leaders meeting last night in our backyard.

Vacation countdown is now down to 11 days.

I hope everybody has a good day.
 
That loco is coming along nicely Jeff!

Morning all!

How goes it? Busy here! We had storms last night, so it's busy around the phone company this morning!

Well, while the storms were going on last night I decided to play with my camera. One of my loco's is about to get a major overhaul. It's scheduled for some shop time to get new paint and some detailing work done, but before it does........

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j319/pcarrell/N Scale Trains/SP4-8-4Nscale.jpg

It's not a bad starting point. It's the newer Bmann 4-8-4 Northern. It runs real nice, but the looks leave a little to be desired, ya know?

Well, it looks like more rain around here today and things are already crazy, so I'd best be off!

Later!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Mornin' Luc!

Mornin' Jeffrey!

Mornin' Bill!

Mornin, Tom!

Mornin, Philip!

Another nice day here in the Finger Lakes. I worked a bit last night on the town at Hopewell Junction. When I picked that name it was supposed to be named after Hopewell Center (Where I grew up) just outside Canandaigua, NY. Last night while looking up some info for a scratchbuild project, I found out there actually is a town called Hopewell Junction, NY....... Hmmmm. Should I keep the nome or change it??????
 
Dito,,,

Nicky just got a new job at the hospital, she goes from nurse to sister, she's told the staff they only have to be nice to her on the days that end in Y, ha ha ha
 
Good Afternoon All ! Another nice day on the Niagara Frontier . Sunshine & 82 degrees. Hope everyone has a nice day also !!
 


Oh great!! That means she wants to stay??:eek: Great news tho Steve tell her contrats from Us. More MR money??:D

Ken
 
Yeah, hopefully she will get pressured more to move now, she'll get a better job offer down your way,,, LOL i could retire,,,, if only
 
Hi crew,

Phillip - great to C-ya on this side of the tracks! I notice you been posting here more frequently as of late.

Rex, that's a powerful story indeed! I couldn't imagine that happening around my region unfortunately...

Ray, I'm with the others - I say keep the name. I'm hoping to rename several of mine to towns that exist along the B&O's Old Main Line; after all, I have a scale model of the depot at Sykesville, MD. The only thing holding me back is that I'd have to get rid of my ore boat (those things never sailed in salt water) and I'm not in the mood to build another ship at the moment...

Steve - congrats to Nicky! But what exactly is a "sister" in that context?

On my loco project, last night was one one the most - if not THE most - stressful of any since I started this thing. I transplanted the headlight LED from its original location to inside the nose compartment. I wasn't sure I could cut off enough of the LED leads at each end to resolder them; I worried about dripping a large blob of liquid solder right onto the IC board, or breaking something due to all the handling. At least those tasks went OK, but I was still concerned about being able to get the shell back on the chassis with the new headlight wiring. Everybody in my house heard a loud YEE-HAW when I powered-on the loco and saw that glowing nose headlight at the end of the 'tunnel' <LOL>!
 
Evening All:
Steve add my congrats also. It would be nice if that did get her a better offer from down under. You would enjoy retardedment. I am, but I'm also working my rear end off.
KenL: Nice going on the locomotive. I hope that the family wasn't too shook up with the shout.
The lastest issue of Model Railroader has a full page add for the Walthers Hiawatha. I'm sunk for sure. They have a speical on a full set so I'll give them a call and get the details. Early info is that it is a payment type deal.
Ray I say Keep the name also.
Well it's bed time so I'll say Good Night All
 
Stocktaking today *homer simpson voice* boring!! but the good news I finished early did one job and was home at 3pm.

We've had very early spring weather, nearly 20c for four days, the weather man says we're gonna pay for it next week with cold rain and possibly snow.

Well time for a beer and watch the grass grow

Ken.
 
Just a side thought.... how much do you guys pay per unit for electricity?
We pay 18cents per kilowatthour plus a daily line charge of 63cents

Ken.
 
Good morning folks

It is just plain sticky out there this morning. The clouds are building so we may get some rain later. When I pulled out of the driveway it was 75 F. Our high should be 87 F. After about a month of trying my son’s hamster died last evening. Both he and his sister took it hard. They have both been working so hard to care for the hamster and to get her well. We thought we were Okay two weeks ago when she started acting normal. Then two nights ago she suddenly took a bad turn.

No modeling last night.

This weekend will be busy. Tomorrow we have our Cub Scout Pack Picnic. We also have to do our bi-weekly grocery expedition. We need to pick up a few things for our vacation coming up in 10 days. Also we need to take my son and get him new football cleats and practice pants since practice starts Monday.

On the layout I have farm buildings to attach and driveways to make. On the workbench I have seven tank cars to finish weathering.

I hope everybody has a good day.
 
Good Morning ! Bill , NZ Ken , & Tom , A wet day here on the Niagara Frontier . Rain showers forecast all day . Guess I'll try to work on the layout always lots of things to do . Hope everyone has a nice Friday !!
 


Mornin' Bill!

Mornin' Ken M!

Mornin' Tom! My sympathies on the death of your children's hamster. We do so get attached to the little critters. They become very much part of the family.

Mornin' Paul! A bit cloudy here in the Finger Lakes as well this morning. Weather Man says we may get a few thunderboomers later today.

I do plan on keeping the name Hopewell Junction on the layout. Thanks for the input folks. I was amazed to actually find a place in NY that has that name..........

Steve, congrats to your wife on the new position. BTW, what is a "sister" in that context? Inquiring Minds want to know........
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top