ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
Hey Tom, bring one of these to the pack picnic to cool the boys down. I guarantee a great time for all! Photo from last weeks Iroquois District Cub Day Camp, Finger Lakes Council, BSA. That sucker put some major water up in the air for the boys!
A sister is basically the top nurse on the ward, she's the boss, don't i know it
Ray i only have to step outside for a deluge like that, looks cool though
I have been taking the boys fishing this week for pike, only had some tiddlers upto 6 lbs, a 38 pounder came out not long ago, Mmmm better hold onto the boys
todays tiddler, we put them back alive BTW
Oh yes, Saturday we are on a marathon day out to see three main line steam excursions and one preserved diesel excursion, should be fun, six trains to catch to see everything so hopefully they will all be on time
Good Morning !!!!! Bill & Ray , Not to bad a day here little overcast but rain is well south of us. Hope you all have a real nice day !!!!!!Ray nice way to cool down. Steve nice pictures of your children ! Oh yes today is my oldest child's birthday she is 28 . Boy where did the time go !
NZKen: At one of the lowest in the nation, I believe Alabama Power Co. is somewhere around 7.5 cents/kilowatt hr., but they have tacked on several other charges for line repairs (still hurricane Katrina) and what ever else they can think of. Much of our power is either Nuclear or Hydro with some coal.
Steve: I'm glad England and Texas aren't neighbors or we all would be flooded.
I will be off tomorrow for a week of SciTek Quest Camp our Boy Scout Council Science and Technology camp. I have 3 different people coming in to take care of my Kitties for me. I will have internet access out there so I will pop in from time to time (and probably share a couple "off topic" photos of what is going on. We have 15 high school aged kids in camp this year and will be going to Cornell University for one day and to the Cornell University Experiment Station here in Geneva for another day. Campers will tear apart some old computers, and look at the chips under a microscope; build model rockets; explore some environmental issues, and have a lot of fun (we hope!). Photos from last year are here: http://s66.photobucket.com/albums/h259/slow_rr/CampBabcockHovey/
Paul, Happy Birthday to your 28 year old. (My youngest is 37, I'm starting to feel old.....)
Steve, that fish is still a good catch for your son. Great photos of some very cute kids, I'd say. Hope you stay dry.
Just getting around to checking in. We got back from our Cub Scout Picnic a couple of hours ago but I took a nap. I just finished uploading photos off the camera. We were at Ridley Creek State Park. We also toured the Pennsylvania Colonial Plantation. We hiked down to the plantation from our picnic site on a trail that was barely a trail. We toured the house, the wagon barn, the blacksmith, and the livestock areas. The boys made whizzers and decorated tin plates. They also meet with the militia and saw a musket being fired.
It was a great day but now the old bone spur in my foot is throbbing some. Maybe later I’ll get down stairs and work on a few things.
Hi KENL! The arm is getting better although sore; I haven't really rested it like I am suppose to do. In fact, I am sore all over I just have to finish this danged room and get back to modeling . I am painting and wiring it this weekend and can now see all the bad places that my drywall finishing didn't take care of. Still not a whole lot of dimples and what the "H", its a hobby room . (I don't ever want to do this again )
Evening All: We spent the day over at my friends 7 1/2 in gauge track running live steam. My son John ran my locomotive and it did very well. I just sat back and enjoyed the ride. We are going to run some tomorrow so I'd better get to bed.
My best to everyone.
Good Night All
I'm out at camp Babcock-Hovey for SciTek Quest Camp. All our campers have arrived. 13 boys and 2 girls here for the week with trips to Cornell University and the Cornell Experiment Station this week. Tomorrow we get to take appart old computers to see what is inside.........
Ray sounds fine to me Ray Texas Paul Thats a fine lifestyle you have there, i'd love to do stuff like that. Tom Sounds like you had an action packed time as well, hope the foot gets better soon Rex It'll be painted and finished before you know it.
Just got in from fishing again, nothing big just a few Perch today, saw some very large Pike rolling 100 yrds from shore, they were just cruising in the evening sun
Hi everyone, just thought I would stop in and say hello. I haven't posted here in a while. I've been remodeling the house and finally got that finished. Now I'm getting ready to build a 5'x12' layout. The problem is I don't know if I want to stay with N scale or switch to HO. I have trains and structures in both scales. I would like to hear your thoughts on this.
Stan N scale is the only way to go. You can model almost twice as much in N as Horribly Oversized scale . I have a lot of good friends who do HO and they have very nice layouts. I also have N scale friends who have very nice layouts. You have to choose which is the best fit for you . My CEE Line RR is in a 10.5' X 15' room. Five foot on one wall then down a 15 footer to another 5 foot section to a 7 foot peninsula. I am very happy with what I have just wish I could work on it more often.
Evening Gang: I got the locomotive all cleaned up and lubricated. You haven't lived untill you've cleaned the flues in one of these live steamers. Believe me HO is much cleaner.
Stan I guess since you have both sizes you could compare them side by side. I've been in HO for 53 years so I'm bisased in that direction. N does give you more running in the same space. With me now it's also what I can see easely.
My best to one and all.
Good Night