Coffee Shop Part V

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning.

Some good news today, I checked up on my mother's health situation and it looks like she'll be able to come home in a couple of weeks. There's still a lot to check out before then though.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 6/17/2007


Sundown Fire Dept., Station 23

Heat Index: 77°F
Humidity: 95%
Dew Point: 70°F

So Far Today
High: 72°F
Low: 70°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 3mph ESE

Today High: 90 Mostly cloudy with a 40 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Highs around 90. Light and variable winds.

Tonight Low: 70 Mostly cloudy with a 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Lows around 70. Light and variable winds.

The breakfast bar is open!
breakfastbar.jpg
 
Mornin' Bill!

Mornin' Jeffrey! Glad to hear your Mom is doing well. Hope she continues to improve.

Mornin' Steve!

Happy Fathers Day to all you Dads, Granddads, and Great Granddads out there!
 


Happy Fathers Day to all you dads!

Jeff, glad to hear your mother is recovering.

Rex - sorry to hear about your B-I-L & M-I-L - I'll keep them in my prayers.

NZKen - hope you get those trains unpacked soon.

It's been a 'mixed' weekend for me. Downside, the lining ruptured in my above-ground swimming pool, will probably cost megabuck$ to replace - there goes my summer MRR budget! :(

On the other hand, I finally finished the repaint/decodering job on my C40-8 (pix in WPF). I thought I'd never get that shell back on - I spent nearly an hour working on that task, thought I'd have to break something to make it fit! :eek:
 
Ken, Ray
Afternoon, just tucking into some fudge covered in chocolate, Mmmmmmm

Did a bit on the gravel loader today, the glacier gravel kit is not built for OO scale models, engines won't fit under so it had to be raised by 5/16", i used alloy box section for under the hopper support base's and under the main building i used those fancy building blocks Fergie told us about, looking good.
 
Busy day in the office you could say the islands singing today, biggest so far is a magnitude 5.1 19.03 UTC time
3.6 2007/06/17 19:03:55 19.354 -155.206 1.3 Island Of Hawaii, Hawaii
Map 5.1 2007/06/17 18:54:22 19.358 -155.172 21.9 Island Of Hawaii, Hawaii
Map 2.5 2007/06/17 18:26:16 19.368 -155.180 2.7 Island Of Hawaii, Hawaii
Map 2.9 2007/06/17 18:21:34 19.360 -155.175 2.4 Island Of Hawaii, Hawaii
Map 3.8 2007/06/17 18:18:34 19.362 -155.198 2.6 Island Of Hawaii, Hawaii
Map 2.6 2007/06/17 18:17:25 19.361 -155.178 2.4 Island Of Hawaii, Hawaii
Map 2.7 2007/06/17 18:12:25 19.365 -155.185 2.6 Island Of Hawaii, Hawaii
Map 3.2 2007/06/17 18:04:23 19.372 -155.196 3.1 Island Of Hawaii, Hawaii
Map 2.5 2007/06/17 18:02:38 19.365 -155.194 2.7 Island Of Hawaii, Hawaii
Map 2.6 2007/06/17 18:00:24 19.371 -155.233 1.6 Island Of Hawaii, Hawaii
Map 2.6 2007/06/17 17:57:24 19.363 -155.195 2.5 Island Of Hawaii, Hawaii
Map 2.5 2007/06/17 17:55:15 19.310 -155.181 0.8 Island Of Hawaii, Hawaii
Map 2.8 2007/06/17 17:54:40 32.614 -118.131 18.7 Channel Islands Region, California
Map 3.1 2007/06/17 17:48:25 19.398 -155.186 12.6 Island Of Hawaii, Hawaii
Map 3.0 2007/06/17 17:32:58 19.363 -155.214 1.3 Island Of Hawaii, Hawaii
Map 2.8 2007/06/17 17:02:06 19.376 -155.220 5.0 Island Of Hawaii, Hawaii
Map 2.7 2007/06/17 16:55:29 19.356 -155.208 2.8 Island Of Hawaii, Hawaii
Map 3.7 2007/06/17 16:54:33 63.595 -151.235 1.0 Central Alaska
Map 2.6 2007/06/17 16:49:57 19.365 -155.227 1.7 Island Of Hawaii, Hawaii
Map 2.8 2007/06/17 16:39:42 19.363 -155.219 0.8 Island Of Hawaii, Hawaii
Map 2.6 2007/06/17 16:38:24 19.360 -155.202 1.4 Island Of Hawaii, Hawaii
Map 2.6 2007/06/17 16:27:13 36.065 -117.460 3.8 Central California
Map 2.5 2007/06/17 16:23:18 19.362 -155.218 2.6 Island Of Hawaii, Hawaii
Map 2.6 2007/06/17 16:17:31 19.361 -155.220 2.7 Island Of Hawaii, Hawaii
Map 2.9 2007/06/17 16:16:12 19.387 -155.244 3.2 Island Of Hawaii, Hawaii
Map 2.6 2007/06/17 16:15:38 19.381 -155.199 0.7 Island Of Hawaii, Hawaii
Map 4.7 2007/06/17 16:13:35 -20.899 -178.403 554.9 Fiji Region
Map 2.9 2007/06/17 16:06:44 19.366 -155.223 2.8 Island Of Hawaii, Hawaii
Map 4.6 2007/06/17 15:56:14 -18.271 -68.905 137.3 Oruro, Bolivia
Map 2.5 2007/06/17 15:44:08 19.368 -155.220 3.4 Island Of Hawaii, Hawaii
Map 2.6 2007/06/17 15:22:39 20.184 -156.060 7.2 Maui Region, Hawaii
Map 2.9 2007/06/17 15:11:46 19.368 -155.215 2.0 Island Of Hawaii, Hawaii
Map 2.5 2007/06/17 15:10:27 19.362 -155.229 1.3 Island Of Hawaii, Hawaii
Map 2.6 2007/06/17 15:02:34 19.358 -155.212 2.1 Island Of Hawaii, Hawaii
Map 2.8 2007/06/17 14:40:11 19.363 -155.222 2.2 Island Of Hawaii, Hawaii
Map 3.2 2007/06/17 14:14:27 19.378 -155.242 2.9 Island Of Hawaii, Hawaii
Map 2.5 2007/06/17 14:11:56 19.371 -155.220 3.7 Island Of Hawaii, Hawaii
Map 2.8 2007/06/17 14:00:49 19.357 -155.210 1.5 Island Of Hawaii, Hawaii
Map 3.3 2007/06/17 13:56:25 19.362 -155.217 2.3 Island Of Hawaii, Hawaii
Map 2.8 2007/06/17 13:48:51 19.359 -155.222 1.5 Island Of Hawaii, Hawaii
Map 2.8 2007/06/17 13:41:38 19.352 -155.198 2.3 Island Of Hawaii, Hawaii
Map 3.2 2007/06/17 13:31:44 19.383 -155.242 2.4 Island Of Hawaii, Hawaii
Map 2.6 2007/06/17 13:26:03 19.369 -155.199 3.2 Island Of Hawaii, Hawaii
Map 3.1 2007/06/17 13:20:09 19.374 -155.239 1.4 Island Of Hawaii, Hawaii
Map 2.9 2007/06/17 13:07:56 19.383 -155.206 1.1 Island Of Hawaii, Hawaii
Map 2.8 2007/06/17 13:04:59 19.360 -155.212 2.3 Island Of Hawaii, Hawaii
Map 3.0 2007/06/17 13:00:25 19.363 -155.207 2.4 Island Of Hawaii, Hawaii
Map 2.5 2007/06/17 12:59:54 19.359 -155.202 2.5 Island Of Hawaii, Hawaii
Map 2.5 2007/06/17 12:59:18 19.359 -155.206 2.8 Island Of Hawaii, Hawaii
Map 3.4 2007/06/17 12:57:38 19.481 -155.264 5.5 Island Of Hawaii, Hawaii
Map 2.8 2007/06/17 12:55:39 19.340 -155.204 0.0 Island Of Hawaii, Hawaii
Map 3.4 2007/06/17 12:53:40 19.353 -155.209 2.3 Island Of Hawaii, Hawaii
Map 2.6 2007/06/17 12:52:46 19.382 -155.206 1.6 Island Of Hawaii, Hawaii
Map 2.6 2007/06/17 12:52:01 19.366 -155.209 2.6 Island Of Hawaii, Hawaii
Map 3.3 2007/06/17 12:50:31 19.363 -155.209 1.8 Island Of Hawaii, Hawaii
Map 2.7 2007/06/17 12:49:04 19.359 -155.209 1.6 Island Of Hawaii, Hawaii
Map 2.9 2007/06/17 12:47:27 19.368 -155.209 3.1 Island Of Hawaii, Hawaii
Map 2.5 2007/06/17 12:46:34 19.366 -155.209 2.5 Island Of Hawaii, Hawaii
Map 2.6 2007/06/17 12:40:48 19.359 -155.209 1.8 Island Of Hawaii, Hawaii
Map 3.1 2007/06/17 12:37:39 19.354 -155.205 1.6 Island Of Hawaii, Hawaii
Map 2.6 2007/06/17 12:35:16 19.362 -155.209 2.9 Island Of Hawaii, Hawaii
Map 2.8 2007/06/17 12:31:02 19.357 -155.209 0.0 Island Of Hawaii, Hawaii
Map 3.2 2007/06/17 12:28:35 19.360 -155.210 2.1 Island Of Hawaii, Hawaii
Map 2.8 2007/06/17 12:25:05 19.365 -155.213 2.8 Island Of Hawaii, Hawaii
Map 2.7 2007/06/17 12:22:10 19.360 -155.212 0.1 Island Of Hawaii, Hawaii
Map 2.7 2007/06/17 12:17:41 19.370 -155.209 4.4 Island Of Hawaii, Hawaii
Map 5.0 2007/06/17 09:23:47 -10.233 161.283 85.1 Solomon Islands
Map 4.8 2007/06/17 09:03:07 19.072 -64.851 40.2 Virgin Islands Region
Map 2.6 2007/06/17 07:55:41 51.198 -178.362 20.0 Andreanof Islands, Aleutian Is., Alaska
Map 4.5 2007/06/17 02:05:41 -6.328 154.770 78.5 Bougainville Region, Papua New Guinea
Map 2.8 2007/06/17 01:18:37 53.600 -164.098 1.0 Unimak Island Region, Alaska
 
Hi Gang! All is well here with the BIL getting out of the ICU to a regular room. The MIL is doing well and is already being released from the hospital for recovery.
I have managed to start back to work in the Steel Mill area. I have to buildup some scenery before I can lay track for the steel town. This is a mountain with tunnels that are on the backside of the layout. I can't reach this area, so it has to be done with me sitting on top before anything else in the foreground can be done.
Have a great day!:)
 
Oh yes, i managed to buy three hollow core pylwood door's for the new portable layout, 1, 72"x33" and 2, 72"x15" (bi fold's), got all for £14 as slight seconds quality, nice.

Are you building them into one, with a frame underneath or modular style??

I'm iching to get something started problem is.... yes their still packed away, and I still have a few hunny dooos!!;) and Brigettes room is across the hall from here!!:rolleyes: so it's SHHHHHHH or I'm in trouble.:eek:

I could build in the roof space but there's a bunch of trusses in the way, I guess if I cut to many the roof would fall in:mad:

Then I thought I'd get another shed, but it's -3 outside at the moment:(

Later, Ken.
 
Morning fellas, well from the looks of the things on the weekend photo fun everyone has been very busy. I finally recieved the rest of my turnouts that I ordered, I'll be able to start back in and hopefully finish up my tracwork and then wired it up.
@Texas Paul Just let me know what day you'll be up around the city if I don't have too much going on with my classwork outside of regular work I might be able to swing down there.
 


Mornin' Bill!

Mornin' Ken M!

Mornin' NickB!

I had a great Father's Day yesterday. Spent the evening at my son's house and just sat around around holding my Granddaughter. Being a Grampa is FUN! Had a wonderful chicken BBQ over there and came home and did a little painting on a building I am assembling. Without thinking I assembled the window glass onto the frames a few days ago before I got around to painting...... Duh! Luckily it will be a background building so a few blobs of paint on the glass shouldn't show up too much. Also got my Garden planted - Finally!
 
Ray My garden is looking pretty good right now. I watered each row last week for one half hour with the soaker hose. I put some granulated nitrogen on the sweet corn so it had to be watered as the predicted rain did not show again. It is supposed to rain tomorrow and maybe weds. if not the soaker will get used again. Eight rows of corn, four rows of green beans, about 20 feet of round zukeeni and 6 green pepper plants. At one time we put out 5 lbs sweet corn, 2 lbs of beans, 15 to 20 tomato plants, 1lb soup beans, 12 preen pepper plants plus carrots, lettuce and other various things. I can not take care of it like i used to which was not to good to start with. I never could bend over and pull weeds and hoe because of back problems but I sure could run the devil out of my Troy Bilt tiller. That is one of the best tools I ever purchased. It is a 1978 model and on its third engine and one of them was rebuilt.(I forgot to keep tabs on the engine when it was new and it threw a rod. OOPsie a $230 screw up)
 
Mornin' Bill!

Also got my Garden planted - Finally!

Kinda slow there Ray!:p But probably better off because of it as I've found if the ground is cold the transplants sometimes get shocked , which makes them slow to start. Lisa has advised me our 1st crop of hay is ready to cut any day now. (no time to mow as it has rained the last two weeks at home :( ).

Leghome: I fear I was a tad liberal with my fertilizer this year as I put down a full bag over a 5000 square foot area when the bag was meant for 9000 sq. feet. Nice grass but I'm not home to cut it... Dumb as a Fox I are!:D

Rex: Glad the family is on the mend, funny (not the haha kind) how things happen in clusters. Hopefully everyone will continue to improve.

Steve: Was that a earthquake that hit Hawaii?

Well we are proceeding to Argentia (formerUSAF) and will be there for the day. Got an e-mail from Ed Murphy, of MR CS fame and he is in Newfoundland and may get a chance to drop by the dock tomorrow. That would be nice!

Anyway I must run as I'm doing inspections on the Rescue Specialist 1st Aid Gear.

Later All

Fergie
 
FergieA swarm of more than 250 shallow, relatively small earthquakes jolted the upper East Rift Zone of Kilauea Volcano Sunday, prompting the National Park Service to evacuate tourists and campers on the chance that the quakes might signal a dramatic, unexpected change in the ongoing eruption. Chain of Craters Road, Hilina Pali Road and much of Crater Rim Drive will remain closed through the night. Park officials will reassess the situation at 8 a.m. today. The earthquake swarm began at 2:15 a.m., and there have been small earthquakes about every minute or so, starting at about 6 a.m. "It looks like the rift has expanded a bit, possibly to accommodate magma, and the earthquakes are accompanying that process." An intrusion of lava into new underground cavities in the volcano could cause the magma to escape to the surface at a new, unexpected area of Kilauea.
 
Kinda slow there Ray!:p But probably better off because of it as I've found if the ground is cold the transplants sometimes get shocked , which makes them slow to start.

Fergie

Actually a full week and a half earlier than I got it done last year...... Late May and June tend to very busy times for me as there are a lot of live sound gigs to do as well as several family birthdays and such. Every year I say I'm going to have everything planted by Memorial Day and every year it is much later. Get to mow the lawn tomorrow (or wait until the weekend) as Wednesday Thursday, and Friday are Already filled (3 sound jobs in 3 days).
 
Fergie just bale it and send it south. We can never have enough hay. We have to mow the uard again. So far we've mowed mor then all last year. The cows are happy though. I went over to the creek to check the crossing. I won't have to clean it again so that is nice. Of course we are still expecting more rain.
KenNZ: I thought that the weather in New Zealand was mild all year long? Opps, was that -3 centergrade?
Well time for bed.
Good Night All
 
Fergie just bale it and send it south. We can never have enough hay. We have to mow the uard again. So far we've mowed mor then all last year. The cows are happy though. I went over to the creek to check the crossing. I won't have to clean it again so that is nice. Of course we are still expecting more rain.
KenNZ: I thought that the weather in New Zealand was mild all year long? Opps, was that -3 Centigrade?
Well time for bed.
Good Night All

Yeah Paul -3 Celsius:eek: 26.6F, oh and that was the ground temp (a good frost) but we get a really clear sunny cold day after it:D

Ken.
 


Thanks

Hello Steve,
JOS Fancy a coffee, you must be ready for a quick break from tree making.
I was just passing so I pop in ,Thanks for the coffee( espresso? Oh What else!= Dutch TVcommercial)
To all :Alas I have nothing to write that is worth mentioning the last months ..But I do read your posts here it is very entertaining( the picture with the bridge(s):D ) and I am not so good in writing, aspecialy your language but with pictures I've got no problems ha ha lol!
Thank for the coffee and have a good day all!
(yes::) back to my basement..trees!:) )

Jos
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top