Coffee Shop Part V

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 6/20/2007


Sundown Fire Dept., Station 23

Heat Index: 76°F
Humidity: 85%
Dew Point: 66°F

So Far Today
High: 72°F
Low: 71°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 5mph NNE

Today High: 92 Mosyly cloudy. Slight chance of showers and thunderstorms in the morning...then chance of showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon. Highs in the lower 90s. Light and variable winds. Chance of precipitation 40 percent.

Tonight Low: 68 Mostly cloudy. A 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms in the evening. Lows in the upper 60s. Light and variable winds.

HAMEGGS.jpg
 
Good morning folks

We were dodging lightening bolts last night. We had two nasty storms move through last night with a lot of lightening and rain. First one rolled through about 10 PM and the second came through around 1 AM. It was quite a light show and we had quite a few window rattlers. The humidity is awful this morning and the temperature is 72 with a high of 85 F. They say that the humidity will go down as the day goes on.

My son did not make his Little League playoff game last night as he got sick after dinner. I think the heat got to him yesterday. I am not sure if he has game tonight or not since I have not heard from his coach on how the team did.

The wife started a part time job at the Delaware Museum of Natural History last week. She is training to be a tour guide/docent. She has been going in the past few days for training and observe ring the other tour guides. So far she really likes it. For her it is a big change from human resources. She got fed up with HR because she said it seemed like all she was doing in her last two jobs was firing people. Another thing she likes about the new job is the flexible time schedule.

No modeling again last nightwall1. I did redo the video for the LNE coal drag. One of these days I will get to that pile on the work bench.

I hope everybody has a good day.
 
Mornin' Bill!

Mornin' Jeffrey!

Mornin' [Fergie[/b]!

Mornin' Tom! Yep, we were dodging lightning bolts for a while last night up here to the North of you. I was doing some painting on a new building (Walther's Merchants Row) when I heard some rumbling. Got upstairs in a hurry to shut down the 'puter system....... Today is supposed to be quite nice. Mid 70's this afternoon and sunny. Good as I have to do sound outside tonight and rain is not a good thing!!!
 


Good Morning Bill , Jeffrie ,Fergie .Tom & Ray , Had a nice vacation up in the Northern Part of New York but it is good to be home. Except for the thunder boomers and rain it wasn't to bad yesterday. And it has cooled of a bit . Well don't want to bore everyone. So have a real nice day all !@!!!!
 
Afternoon gents
Ray, spacemouse, Paul, Ken, Tom

Lightning,,, never saw any here

Tom That sounds a great job to be in, i'd love to work at a historical site like a mine museum or the like.

Fergie can you grab some lobster from the banks for Flo, chears.
Rex how's the b+++ today :p
Chip That gave me a laugh today :D
Ken M sounds like your in full MR'ing mode again;)
Ken L hope the refill and re lining works, bet that's cost you
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Just a hello and grab a cup of coffee. I got re-introduced to my glue gun today. YUP! It was on high heat and I glued a spot and without thinking dragged my finger across it while reaching for the next spot. I now have a nice blister halfway around my finger nail. You know...you just cannnot get it off quick enough:eek: Waaaaaaaaaaaaaa!:eek:
Man, there were some very bad words coming out of my mouth...glad nobody was around.:o :D
 
Rex Shoot. darn shucks and dag nabbed it are not bad words. Ahh You using a little stronger language than that I imagine I know I sure would have. With my grandson here I really have to watch my lingo, it seems kids always pick up the bad words first.
If we do not get some rain the old soaker hose will be put to use again Thurs and Fri nites.
 
Had the confirmation email from Tony's theres a new guy there, Josh he recommend I get a PSX-AR
http://www.tonystrains.com/technews/powershield_x.htm instead of a OG-AR heres a comparison http://www.tonystrains.com/technews/psx_vs_onguard.htm

The PSX-AR looks good it's a circuit breaker auto reverser and a turnout decoder all in one package!!

So a train entering a reverse loop could throw the turnout simply by making the AR swap the polarity!!

The goods have been shipped!! so I'd better get cracking on some benchwork;)

Ken.
 


Mornin' Bill!

Mornin' Ken! My personal experience with aspertame is such that I will never again use any artificial sweetener! Since Chip's rant about the stuff, I did some independent research into the studies and people's reactions to the stuff and found case after case of problems with it. To date: since I gave it up, I have lost 16 lbs. without "dieting". My arthritis is gone. My psoriasis has been improving steadily. Blood pressure is lower, and I feel better than I have in years. Could it be a possibility that all these things are related and that Chip actually does know what he is talking about? It is still "safe" to use here in the U. S. of A also. But then we are... What did they say..... Oh! Allies! ;) ;) :D
 
Good morning folks

Funny what a day will do. We had a great weather day yesterday with temperatures in low eighties and lots of sunshine. It looks like today will be similar with highs in mid eighties and little humidity. The best thing is the air conditioners are not running at home. I guess I am going to have to cut the grass in the backyard tonight. I did the front yard the other night before the storms came through. The kids usually cut the front yard but the backyard is an obstacle course and the ground is not too even. It is tough for them to maneuver the lawn mower, so dad gets stuck with it.

I began painting the grab irons on a Walthers gondola. I also finally got back to weathering a bunch of wheels. Now I need to seal them.

I hope everybody has a good day.
 
Good Morning ! Bill ,NZ Ken ,Ray & Tom , from sunny Buffalo . Another fine day so far on the Niagara Frontier. Hope evryone has a real nice day !
 
This what Chip has been talking about http://tvnz.co.nz/view/page/488120/1193382 Seems our health authorities think it's still ok to use??

Ken.

The chemical companies have a lot of power and soft drinks (at least in the US) are the number #1 profit generator in supermarkets (chips are #2). There's too much money involved to admit an "error." Also, the US FDA is probably the most corrupt office in US history. It's this wink-wink nod-nod joke that no one is laughing at. Still it is political suicide to do anything about it. The pharmaceutical companies represent 40% of the US GNP and they like things as is.

Unfortunately for you, Ken, New Zealand may be only country worse when it comes to the power of the pharmaceuticals.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Mornin' Bill!

Mornin' Ken! My personal experience with aspertame is such that I will never again use any artificial sweetener! Since Chip's rant about the stuff, I did some independent research into the studies and people's reactions to the stuff and found case after case of problems with it. To date: since I gave it up, I have lost 16 lbs. without "dieting". My arthritis is gone. My psoriasis has been improving steadily. Blood pressure is lower, and I feel better than I have in years. Could it be a possibility that all these things are related and that Chip actually does know what he is talking about? It is still "safe" to use here in the U. S. of A also. But then we are... What did they say..... Oh! Allies! ;) ;) :D

Ray,

There are many times clients come to me with problems and all I do is get them off aspartame and they think I'm the greatest healer since Hippocrates.
 
Nice weather here too. My son's birthday.

In the day or two after a rain, the veggies in my garden go through growth spurts. The funny thing (if you call it funny) is that my city water seems to do little but keep them alive.

Update on the rabbits. None have gotten in since I put up the nylon fence. Guess they took it to heart when I told them I knew how to make a snare and that the next time they got in I'd have rabbit stew.

Ken L: Mr. McGregor's got nothing on me
 
:) Good Morning ! Bill ,NZKen ,Ray,Tom, Paul, & Chip

NZKen, that is a good price on the PSX-AR and for it to do so much. Also, let us know what you think about the QSI upgrade decoders.

Chip, I have told my wife about the aspartame reports and she has quit using everything that includes it as an ingredient. So far, she has noticed that she hasn't had any more leg cramps during the night. ;)

Well, time to head back out to the BC&W Depot. I hope to finish gluing the cardboard lattice frame for my new mountain (not my fingers:eek: ) and start plastering it.

CU Later
 
Last edited by a moderator:
The chemical companies have a lot of power and soft drinks (at least in the US) are the number #1 profit generator in supermarkets (chips are #2). There's too much money involved to admit an "error." Also, the US FDA is probably the most corrupt office in US history. It's this wink-wink nod-nod joke that no one is laughing at. Still it is political suicide to do anything about it. The pharmaceutical companies represent 40% of the US GNP and they like things as is.

Unfortunately for you, Ken, New Zealand may be only country worse when it comes to the power of the pharmaceuticals.
This reminds me of the Bengay/Icy Hot overdose talk...

I hears somewhere, heck if I can remember were, that it takes approximately 10 gallons of it (8 with Tiger Balm) in a 24 hour period to overdose, or somewhere in the range of 15 gallons over a week period.

Now there's the big fit to force them to put labels on it, It's going to end up saying "Don't use this whole bottle in less then a week"...

By the way, my Auto-max cars should be here quick!
 
This reminds me of the Bengay/Icy Hot overdose talk...

I hears somewhere, heck if I can remember were, that it takes approximately 10 gallons of it (8 with Tiger Balm) in a 24 hour period to overdose, or somewhere in the range of 15 gallons over a week period.

Now there's the big fit to force them to put labels on it, It's going to end up saying "Don't use this whole bottle in less then a week"...

By the way, my Auto-max cars should be here quick!

I know that if you are a diet soda user it is easy to write this off as hokey, but there are over 100 studies documented on Pub-Med and Med-line as to the dangers of aspartame. The US Justice Department even sued the Searles Company for falsifying their research to get it passed, but we still have aspartame.

The government is really not on your side when it comes to protecting your rights to safe and healthy food and medicines. In fact, more money is made if you are not protected.
 


Good Afternoon from the , Yes believe or not, Sunny North Atlantic. 1st time in two weeks!!!

Regarding the Asparteme thingy. I think what you'll find and I could be wrong that it is only a very small percentage of the population that is affected by this. And as usual "if it doesn't affect me what's the problem" attitude which will prevail in our society and therefore change isn't needed. Look how destructive smoking is, look how wide spread and lethal a problem it is and how long it has taken to clean that mess up! And it's still legal. If the Asparteme issue is credible and I'm sure their is foundation to it, it will be a long time before we see change. I think Global Warming issues will have to take precedence. And yes it does exist.

Just me ranting from the depths of the Atlantic!

Fergie
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top