Coffee shop part 2

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Morning All ! Eric sorry to hear about your teeth , boy they can be the root of a lot of trouble. no pun intended , Steve glad your Dad & Uncle are feeling better .. I guess alot of people are sleeping in or enjoying the weekeend Steve .not to many good ones left before winter hits . BRRRRR
 
Steve B said:
Hey

Ken L & Carey were have you been guy's, the takings are down this month,

Steve;

Don't know about Ken L, but I've just been tied up with family matters so much lately I've had no time to do anything else, including forum surfin'.

Daughter's just now getting back to "normal" after her surgery.:rolleyes::) And now, my wife's Dad, who's been in a nursing home the past 7 years, had his left foot turn completely black. He's a real bad diabetic, and as a result his circulation in his legs isn't that great. The home put him in the hospital and are getting him ready for amputation. He's had several strokes over the past few years and really can't get out of bed. It appears he kept the leg underneath his other leg, which cut the circulation off. Now he has to have the leg removed, before gangrene sets in and (hate to put it so bluntly,) kills him.:(
 
Blimey Carey,, that's not good, say hi to him for us will you sir, i'll be thinking about him, great news about your daughter.

tommorows fun and games begins with another MRI brain scan for me then it's into the next ward to visit uncle George and then to the next hospital to visit dad, now he's not coming home as his blood keep's going all gloopy and blocking his plumbing up, poor fella.

Fergie how's things up your way
 


Steve B said:
where is everyone today, only 2 hits in 4 hours on the entire forum

Well, I have been out to a Boy Scout Camporee all day. I would have been there for the whole weekend, but I had to be at an NAACP Dinner last night as a very dear friend of mine was being honored for her many years of work for Human Rights in our community. Very deserving, hard working lady. Tomorrow I have to be in Church to play in our Bell Choir, so today was it. Just as well, I am still hypothermic from being out in the cold and wind all day. Should have brought my winter coat instead of a light wool jacket. Its that time of year here......:D
 
Hi all. Steve, we've been out on the leased property with GrandeDad. Our little yapper, Dixie, found these two for us... I think they were, um, makin little copperheads. Cost me two 45ACP rounds.;)
191807780.gif


Here's Little Grande with one of them on the end of a trekking pole. Note Dixie, she's got her eye on that snake.
191791247.gif


In the same area, we ran across this dam. It was dated 1933 and isn't on the USGS topo or the GPS database. Interesting...
191791246.jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Morning all,
GMhappy hunting, there's got to be a reason for the dam, only a man like you can reveal the truth, go get em

Ray i made the mistake of going to an airshow under dressed a few years back, it was August but it felt like december and all we had was t shirts as it was sunny when we left home, 200 miles previous. we spent most of the day under a KDC10's auxillary power plant (i think) keeping warm in the kerosene exhaust, smelly but warm.
 


Mornin' Bill! I see your idea of Sunday Morning breakfast is the same as mine.

Steve, you'd think a Boy Scout Leader with 30 years experience in many different positions whose last presentation at Roundtable was "Survival Camping" would be a bit more "Prepared" wouldn't ya!?!
 
Ray you live and learn, it's taken me 39 yrs and i still can't get it right.

just got back in from the brain scan, what an experiance that was, 30 minuets in the tunnel from hell with radioactive dye being pumped in my arm, never in all my day's did i imagine it would be so noisy in one of those.

anyway, got to go to my nephews birthday party, more noise
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Ewwww, *uninstall Yahoo Messenger* so I now know it wasn't the forum causing pop-ups it was yahoo! Nasty.
 
A friends daughter was downloading all and every music download program as well as yahoo and other stuff, it screwed up his pc big time, it took 3hrs to uninstall and fix all the problems they caused. Just come from the hospital, dad was in very fine form, he's pretending to be deaf so the long leggy blonde nurse has to lean over him,:eek: :D :D :eek: way to go dad, he told her he wasn't realy deaf and she threatened him with a dose of, mmmm something nasty:eek:
 


Hi all! I have been around, but had weekend guests and didn't have time to post anything. Besides, the Bama/Florida game wore me out. We didn't win, but we gave them a hell of a good scare. Ha! Ok, Gator Dave...go ahead and give me the trash talk. I can take it.

Nice shooting GM. Gads...I hate those things. Glad to see LGM wearing Snake chaps. You guys need to get a .410gauge "Snake Charmer". Not much aiming with one of them.

Steve, glad to hear things are looking better for your Dad and Uncle. My brother had the same thing as your uncle, but waited too long before doing anything about it.

Ray, you should know better. Shame! Shame! When I was an Explorer Scout and Senior Patrol leader, I took some Tenderfoots for a 5 mile hike in late fall. I fell into a small creek and got my feet soaked. I didn't have any spare socks or equipment and ended up with them building me a fire and helping me to dry out. Boy, was my ego destroyed. Ha! Ha!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top