Coffee shop part 2

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Status
Not open for further replies.
GoodAfternoon All. Steve thats gotta be a neat trick your father uses . I was in the hospital one time and an older man would leave his bedgown open when the nurses came in . they told him they would insert a catherer and that put a stop to that. enjoy the rest of this fineday everyone !!!
 
Paul he's not that bad, honest. They sent him home today but he's got to go back for an x ray to see if it's a deep vein thrombosis in his leg, he say's the swelling has gone but they want to be sure. Another story he told us about was the time him and his three brothers shaved the cat, it was a big hairy ginger one so they decided to make it into a Lion by shaving it but leaving a maine, it worked but grandad went wild and beat them with the iron fire poker, which was a regular occurance as they were always in trouble, Fred used to climb onto the roof were grandad could not get and taunt him, not realising he'd have to come down sooner or later, when he did, OUCH.
 
Hi Gang:
GM: I use a .45acp to. A colt commander with aluminum frame. I won't carry anything less. Well my Bushmaster carbine with the red dot sight, sliding stock and muzzel brake. Usually that takes care of any trouble. Just the sight of it makes tresspassers real meek.
Not much on the MRR front. I've been chipping away on the Cliffs shaft model. A little here and there. I've also got to sit down at the drawing board and figure out where the ore dock is going. I've moved the ore yard out of the center of the layout and will relocate it and the ore dock in another part of the basement If and when I can get the right of way.
We found out the other day that the Union Pacific doesn't own the land that there track is on. They only have an easement. Just wait until one of there people tells me to leave RR property.
By the way. How do we post the giffs?
Well I'm off for now. I've got a 4 day weekend. The company golf tornament is tomorrow so I have to take a day off. Since my normal days off are Thursday and Friday I figured there was no point in driving all the way in for one day. No I don't golf. I'll do my thing and hopefully some MRRing.
 


RexHea said:
Hi all! I have been around, but had weekend guests and didn't have time to post anything. Besides, the Bama/Florida game wore me out. We didn't win, but we gave them a hell of a good scare. Ha! Ok, Gator Dave...go ahead and give me the trash talk. I can take it.

Actually Rex,
I'm not one to rub things in too badly. And that was a pretty good scare...
for a minute!:D I had faith in my boys and they pulled it out in the end.
By the way, I have the game recorded if you'd like to watch it again! :eek:
I'll talk to you later buddy. Dave
 
Paul W. Beverung said:
Hi Gang:
GM: I use a .45acp to. A colt commander with aluminum frame. I won't carry anything less. Well my Bushmaster carbine with the red dot sight, sliding stock and muzzel brake.


Paul, That's awesome, I love my ARs!
 
Good morning

Potofcoffeepouring.gif


Happy MRRing
freight.gif
 


Hi Y'all;

Been spending the last few days at hospital with wifey's Dad. He finally had his surgery done yesterday. Spent overnight in intensive care, mostly for the anesthesia risk.

They removed his lt. leg above the knee. Although there was some drainage on his bandages, he is feeling alot better. We were worried about "phantom pain" but that doesn't appear to be an issue at this time. (Phantom pain is basically where the nerves have been sending pain signals to the brain for so long, that they continue to do so even after the source of the pain is gone.) Many people who are amputees have this problem.

We just talked to the Dr. and nurses who care for him, and they are very optimistic for his recovery. The Dr. said Pam's Dad has PVD, (also known as PAD), so bad that he was worried about the sutures on the arteries holding for a while. The vessels were very brittle and fragile. They had just changed his dressings and were very pleased with the appearence of the wound. YAY!
 
evening all,
GM nice detective work, i recon your right about that.
How about this, mother got a big book this week and it lists all the local mines with some great maps, basically it's the last 200yrs of history of our local area, what a buy that was, my turn for the detective work i recon, i have to thank you for giving me the urge to delve deeper though.

Carey i hope everything works out for your father in law sir, give him my best wishes will you, i'll be praying for him.
 
Steve;
I'm guessing that he'll be about as OK as you can be after 8 strokes (except for the one that paralized him on the lt. side, they all were small). He's a real tough old bird. He spent 20 years in the Marines, and even spent 6 years as a DI at Parris Island. Even though he's been out over 30 years, he's still a Marine! Once a Marine, always a Marine!
 
Carey, very glad to hear that your father-in-law's prognosis for recovery is good! Sounds like he still has some fight left in him. You, and your family are in my prayers.

Steve, sounds like you have some reading and some exploring to do. Keep us posted.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Sweet tea please, Sabrina.

CJ, Glad to hear your father in law is doing as well as can be expected. We'll keep him in our prayers.

Steve, Happy hunting! I look forward to hearing of your adventures.

Good afternoon Ray.
 
GatorDave said:
...By the way, I have the game recorded if you'd like to watch it again! :eek:
I'll talk to you later buddy. Dave

Uh, no thank you very much! :p I have already had Chinese water torture, my finger nails pulled out, and electrical probes in ...:D :D

CJ: Very glad to hear that your Pa-in-law is doing well. Please give my best wishes to Pam.

Steve: Get to searching! It will be great to see your history research along with GM's.
 


Good Morning all

Another Large day here in Nova Scotia as the temps are expected to be in the high 70's

It's been very busy here this last few days as Dad is still in the hospital fighting an infection but making headway but very slowly and will be in the hospital for another week at the very least. He's lost a lot of weight and strength so healing will take a lot of time.

Lisa got one of her casts removed yesterday and is in more pain now than before and will have to start physio this week.

And I'm off to Dad's to do some more repairs before it hits the market next week.

The "New" builder starts before Halloween as his price was considerably less and included the moving of the Wood Stove Chimney.

And the MESS sits idle as I have lost the umph to get into it at this time. Though the Doctor has suggested I get into it to take my mind off of other things. I may have to listen to her on this one.

Don't think I'll be making it to the Truro Train show this month:(

Later All

Fergie

http://community.webshots.com/album/136764488eBxZiN
http://www.railimages.com/gallery/fergusfrancey
Time is the Drummer
 
Status
Not open for further replies.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top