Coffee shop part 2

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats a great link josh, Why do they have to destroy things like the Redridge dam, i'm sure it could have been mended rather than demolished, even if it meant putting up steel piles behind it.
 
Steve B said:
Thats a great link josh, Why do they have to destroy things like the Redridge dam, i'm sure it could have been mended rather than demolished, even if it meant putting up steel piles behind it.
Its a real wonder. BUT, that dam was a MAJOR safety hazard, and the some of the wood had creosote in it IIRC. The only possible solution was to remove it, or replace it. There was a long fight to keep it, but the State won out and removed it.
 
A couple of items on the News tonight, New Zealand is the coolest place to visit for a holiday

http://tvnz.co.nz/view/page/835956

and what you guys call Fall is in fact not true!!:eek: A scientist has discovered that trees can't survive in the winter with leaves so it tells them to get off. It causes a cell change in the leaf stem which cuts itself off the branch.

They are thinking about renaming Fall, Get Off Me.:p

Ken.
 


Good morning ! from Indiana.:D

TIPTONDEPOT.png


09-26-06

:eek:

donuts_4.png
THECOFFEESHOP.png
 
Good Morning all!!!

Well another day of choo choo`s , GOD I LOVE MY JOB! hope everyone is well.
and I hope your dad is better Fergie! :)
Semper Fi jbaakko!

Have a great day everyone!
 
Mornin' Bill!

Mornin' (or would that be Evenin') Ken! Cool huh?!

Mornin' David! Looking forward to getting that order from you. Where you live it is really "cool" most of the year......

Mornin' Luc!
 
How's things with everyone,
The consultant rang today and after looking at the scan results he's found something and i have to have another MRI scan again on sunday, he's not telling what yet, he wants to be sure i think,
 
Hi all. Steve hope all goes well with the doctor .I have my plate filled with doctors till Christmas . Beautiful day here in the Northeast USA. Good day to paint some more . Take care all.
 
GMor was it bob nice work with the spammers

Paul chears, it's been a stressful week and it's set to stay for a while yet, my dad went into hospital today for surgery to open up his prostrate, not a lot of fun for him i can tell you, and tommorow his brother goes in for a big operation to remove his bladder, prostrate and some other stuff as he's got cancer, it's a pity they won't be on the same ward.
 


Hi Gang: Steve and Paul hang in there we're pulling for ya. Not much going on here. I did manage to get the mold for that part of the Cliffs shaft made and a part pulled. I did the mold because I need 3 of the parts and it was easyer and faster to make one and the mold then to make the 3 parts. Anyway now if I do the other headframe I'll have the mold.
It's about time to head for home so I'll say so long for now and I'll check in later.
 
Steve, hang in there, and good luck to you and your Dad and Uncle. Hope everything works out well for all of you.
 
Steve: Believe me when I say this... Hold tight and remember the old mariners creed! "One hand for the ship and one hand for yourself".

Things are not too rosey here as Dad is not getting better but see's the doctor Friday. hopefully she will get us on the right track as I won't send him back into the hospital unless I have to.

The "new" contractor was by yesterday along witgh the plumber and all I can say is that it wasn't looking too good for the layout. They were looking where to hook into the existing plumbing and it was directly over the layout, which would have meant the mural would have to been cut into and 1/2 the layout moved. Yes say it isn't so...

I sat there with the plumber looking at several options and alternatives and then it dawned on me! if I moved half the bench work and realligned it in another orientation I could concievably add on another 20 feet of main line and about 40 square feet of realestate... Ya Baby Ya!!!

Unfortunately my quest for global MR domination was dashed as we found another pipe in the laundry room to tie into. Darn! I may go ahead with the expansion regardless!

See every cloud does have a silver lining!

Fergie
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Sheesh talk about getting two job options in a day! Navy HR FINNALY called me about the Fuels job! $17.55 an hour, here I come!
 
Josh, fantastic! I am happy for you. Hope it works out well.

Fergie, sorry your dad is not recovering well. I hope he is able to avoid another hospital stay. At least the layout doesn't have to get torn apart until you are ready to do the expansion.
 


HI All and have a nice peaceful night . My prayers to all and hope all works out for those that are ill . speedy recoveries !!!!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top