Coffee Shop Part 10

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Jeffrey so very sorry to hear about your family's loss! Know that all of us here at the forum will be thinking about you and praying for you during this time of sadness.
 


Ray and Steve, there are no laws covering burning whatever you want as long as you are in a county area outside city limits. People typically burn all their trash, plant clipping, any old tires they don't want, and Lord only knows what else.

Jim, there are laws for outdoor burning, but unfortunately they are seldom enforced without a complaint being filed. One law that you best not break: it is illegal to burn tires and you can be fined up to $10,000. If they see the obvious tire smoke, they will nail you for that one in a hurry (thank goodness).

Did you show your wife the photo of my wife's catch? If so, she will be very busy during the get-together at your friends place :D . I sure am glad my wife loves fishing. Where I didn't fish all the time while camping, she did. That meant I didn't have to hear yakity-yak all the time and was able to enjoy the peaceful surroundings :D :D .
 
Evening Jeff, I too send my condolences to you and your family. I will keep you in thoughts this week-end. Take care Bubba,and seek the Lord's comfort. May the peace of the Father,the Son,and Holy Ghost be with you. William.
 
Rex, there may be laws in Tuscaloosa but there are literally no laws against burning anything in Autagua County unless there's a red flag warning. I suspect there probably is something about not burning hazardous waste like tires but, as you say, those never get enforced. I really don't understand why they don't at least require burn permits so the fire department can make sure you have enough area to do the burn without setting the woods on fire and burning down your neighbors' house. We constantly have that happen down here.

I did indeed show your wife's fish picture to my wife - that's why she went out to get a fishing rod. :) That will keep her busy for a few hours while the guys and I do guy things,
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Jim, I agree totally. When we had a place in the country a neighbor, recently moved from the city, accidently set fire to the woods in high winds twice and was warned by the VFD that one more time and there would be a charge for time and equipment. I don't know if they could have actually done that, but the fires stopped. ;)

As far as burning laws, you are probably right that it is local and county ordinances that prohibit certain types of burning. However, there is one statewide law that is good for everything that's not covered by anything else and you can varify this from your Sheriff. It is called the Nuisance law. It is one that allows the Sheriff to determine if a person or things are a nuisance to others and can take legal action including arrest or what ever is necessary to stop the problem. This is used a lot to control loud partying (hell raising) when there are no county ordinances. Unfortunately, to get them to stop a person from burning their garbage would probably get ignored.:D
 
05-03-2008

Good Morning from Tipton IN ! :D

TIPTONDEPOT.png
:eek:
Buffet.png

THECOFFEESHOP.png
3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawl.png

Menu3.png
waitress3.png
 


Thanks for your prayers and concern guys. I'm dealing with this in my own way, but I'm going to have to come up with some more things to do to build the 'rainy day' projects list back up.

The new RailBox has gotten subtle weathering as well as a pair of new Kadee #5's. An up to date photo is at the end of this post.

Good morning.

It's 66 degrees and thunderstorms are rumbling around all over the area. Expecting a high of 79 with partly cloudy conditions this afternoon.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 5/2/2008


Wind Chill: 66°F
Humidity: 93%
Dew Point: 64°F

So Far Today
High: 76°F
Low: 66°F
Rain: 0.74"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 30mph NW

Today High: 82 Mostly cloudy. Chance of showers and thunderstorms in the morning...then slight chance of showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon. Highs in the lower 80s. West winds up to 10 mph shifting to the north in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation 50 percent.

Tonight Low: 55
Partly cloudy. Cooler. Lows in the mid 50s. North winds around 10 mph in the evening becoming light and variable.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Good Morning Bill & Steve ! It's dry outside right now but were expecting more rain around here also ! Jeffrey My condolences to you and your family . May you find peace at this time with God's blessings . Got to get off to the store. Hope all have a peacecful day !!! Morning Jeffrey guess we just missed each other !
 
Meeeeeooow! (My old cat Sheila just typed part of this!) Darned little thing walked over and erased everything I wrote before I could post it. It is a good thing she is 21 years old or she would be in big trouble.

Anyway, I will start again.

Mornin' everyone!

Another cool damp day here in the Finger Lakes. Currently 66°F outside and it isn't going to get much warmer. Overcast with showers all day. Gee, I may have to spent the time I was going to mow the lawn today working on the layout. YES!!!!

The elderly couple across the street that gave me the wood from the 2 trees they had removed a couple weeks ago are having a company put in more trees today. They are planting them in the holes left after they removed the other trees. Now I love to see homeowners plant trees, but isn't that asking for more trouble with the sewer pipe in a few years???? I would have hd them planted farther away from the pipe myself. They probably figure they won't be around so let the next people who own the house worry about it.

Hope all of you are having a great Saturday!
 
I'm the worlds worst at fishing. I can fish just fine in salt water off the back of a sailboat but I can't catch fish in lakes worth a darn.

Jim;

Reverse that and you got me. I can fish like anything in a lake or river, or even the Delta down in Mobile, but you get me out in the blue water, all I do is drown the bait and get sunburned. Everyone else can be catching fish, but not me.:(
 
Afternoon all!

The weatherman lied.... The temp outside is now 75°F and we haven't had a drop of rain yet. I got half the lawn mowed this morning and I'm about ready to the the other half started and see how long the rain holds off.......

Edit: Didn't hold off long. Started up as soon as I walked outside.........
 
Last edited by a moderator:
After noon!:D Was going to go to the beach to day but we loafed around here instead! well the wearther man promised a:High: 84 Low: 68
SUNDAY Partly Cloudy 20% Chance of showers for tomarrow and Gulf temps in the low to mid 70's. Hope we make it this time! the beach of choice tomarrow will be: http://www.pinellascounty.org/park/06_howard.htm Nice park if any of you ever visit great beach clean and always room for one more! also hardly any sharks in the area......just Rays and sun rays:D !
 


the temp here has dropped 15 to 20 drgrees in the last 2 hours. Man where did summer go. It really feels cold out there even though it was colder four days ago. Oh well it is far better than that cold white stuff. I would have said it but I gave up four letter words for the summer.
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top