Coffee Shop Part 10

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Mornin' Ever......... Oopps. Afternoon everyone! (That's better...)

Woke up this morning at 8:20, sat up in bed and though Holy ........ I'm supposed to be at camp in 15 minutes... I showered, fed the old kitty and myself and medicated the cat and myself, and managed to get out camp by 9:20. Today was the Spring Walkthrough as required by National BSA to check out the damage that has happened since last fall and to see what has to be done before Boy Scout Camp this Summer. Camp actually looks pretty good. Most just a lot of odds and ends that have to get fixed before we open.

Now I have to get a quick lunch, feed the cats and get my lawn mowed before it starts to rain this afternoon. Sure am glad I'm retired.....
 
Paul "Seems like the further we go forward the backer we go" I couldn't agree more. When I retired in 1999 at 51 yrs old life was very good. Now it is OK and I work a part time job to have any kind of play money at all and now that is even getting to be slim pickings. Oh well my dad retired in 1980 at 62 yrs old and is still kicking so his pension is less than mine and he and my mom are surviving. Dad will be 90 in Sept. I told Glendia(my wifey) see what she has to look forward to. My mom's mother lived to be 98 so I for sure have a very long life line. Whoopie if I had knowed I was going to life that long I sure would have taken better care of this body that I have left.
 


Afternoon, Everyone.

Getting ready to go out to dinner so just popped in to say hello. Have been taking number one daughter all over the palce trying to find a decent priced car. Seems like all the gas guzzler pickups and SUV's have been traded in on cheaper small cars and they are almost impossible to find for less than $10,000.

Paul, you're right, winter is about to make one more appearance up there. Still warm and humid down here with one five minute shower today. Should get some pretty good storms tomorrow night but the race should go off with no weather problems. My banana tree has also sprouted another leaf. :) Have a good everning, everyone.
 
04-27-2008

Good Morning from Tipton IN ! :D

TIPTONDEPOT.png
:eek:
Buffet.png

THECOFFEESHOP.png
3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawl.png

Menu3.png
waitress3.png
 
Good morning.

It's 63 and clear at the moment. The expected high is 73 and there's a good chance of thunderstorms later today.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 4/27/2008


Wind Chill: 63°F
Humidity: 100%
Dew Point: 63°F

So Far Today
High: 66°F
Low: 63°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 6mph NNE

Today High: 75 Mostly cloudy. Chance of showers and thunderstorms in the morning...then showers and thunderstorms likely in the afternoon. Some thunderstorms may produce heavy rainfall in the afternoon. Highs in the mid 70s. Light and variable winds becoming west 10 to 15 mph in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation 70 percent.

Tonight Low: 52 Mostly cloudy. A 20 percent chance of rain showers in the evening. Cooler. Lows in the lower 50s. North winds 10 to 15 mph.


 
Last edited by a moderator:
Mornin' everyone!

Looks to be a beautiful day outside after night of torrential rain. Currently 57°F outside with a high of 67°F later on this afternoon. Showers are forecast for the rest of the week so I will be working on the woodpile this afternoon after church.

Got a bit of work done on the farm scene last night and hope to have a few photos to show in the WPF thread this evening. It's beginning to look like a 1925 farm......

See you all later.
 
Morning Fellows ! Well it huffed and it puffed yesterday and all we got was a few drops of rain . Gonna be another nice day with a high of 65. Gonna get out and enjoy it and I'm hoping everyone else has a peaceful and good day also !!!
 


Hey Paul I think the Finger lakes got your rain this time..... We got over an inch of rain, most of it in a half hour period that was really heavy. I haven't looked to see how much water I have in the basement yet. Just got home from church.
 
This week should be interesting,,, one of our two big oil refineries have closed down totally due to a strike by the workers, they are being taken for a ride by management, this means ALL north sea rigs have had to stop production,,, thats around 50 million GP pounds or 100 million dollars worth a day, so the garage pumps are going to be running dry by midweek so they say,,, that should be fun to watch
 
Good morning Bill, Josh, and every one of my fellow modelers.

I've noticed that there is no login there before too Josh although, it has never taken me more than once to log in. Weird.

Long weekend of rain yet again and I just heard on the news that we are already almost 2" past the old record for April rain. Lots of standing water all over the area right now.

Looks like we have a pretty dry week ahead of us so that should help to get things back to normal.
 
Good Morning Fellows ! Looks like we have a few early risers . Well we finally have some rain . And it's suppose to turn cold for a few days. Well after the run of warm weather we had I guess we were due for it . Have to take the wife to the eye doctor so gotta get going . Hops all have a wonderful day !!!!
Thanks Steve for that bit of gem , looks like gas is going up again . So what else is new .
 
Good morning folks

48 F and raining as I headed out onto the roadways this morning. It looks like rain all day with a high around 64 F.

We had a busy weekend. On Saturday morning scouts from our Cub Scout Pack participated in the Darby Creek Clean-up. We cleaned about 300 feet of a tributary to the Darby Creek. In about an hour we filled eight large trash bags with junk. The boys learned about how easy it is for litter to get into the streams. They were surprised that the most common form of litter we found which accounted for about 80% of what we removed was plastic grocery store bags.

Later in the evening my son had his birthday party at the local skating rink. Needless to say we were all exhausted by the end of the night. On Sunday we went searching for hiking shoes for my wife as we prepare for our pack camping trip.

I did get to run some trains and finally finish the photo session I set up last weekend. I also cleaned the workbench off of non-train stuff that somehow collected on it.

I hope everybody has a good day.
 
Mornin' Bill!

Mornin' Josh!

Mornin' Carl!

Mornin' Paul!

Mornin' Tom!

Another lovely day here in the Finger Lakes. Currently 50°F with a high of 53°F for this afternoon. Rain coming down all day, so they say. may have over an inch of the stuff. Looks like a good day to catch up on some indoor chores.

Though April Showers may come your way,
They bring the flowers, that bloom in May.....
 


Mornin' Bill!

Mornin' Josh!

Mornin' Carl!

Mornin' Paul!

Mornin' Tom!

Mornin' Ray!

Mornin' All!

The wifey and I got back from our week of camping yesterday afternoon. We were fortunate to have beautiful weather the entire week. Fishing was very good with the delicious Crappie (some say, white perch) still near the banks for their yearly spawn. We caught around 60 at 1/4 to 1 1/2 pounds each, enough to keep us supplied for awhile;) . One of the great perks of park camping is to meet so many people from all over the country, and of course, at their best behavior :D . Many are travelers passing through on their way to far away places, while others are just getting away from the boredom of everyday hassles...like us :D .

Now, back to my main yard relocation. This is a lot of work, but as with everything else in our hobby, FUN!:)
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top