Good early morning, everyone.
Been a little busy and missed my usual visits. Finally got all the Christmas stuff up. Every year, my wife keeps coming up with a few more things that need batteries or I have find a plug for.
CJ, glad you made it back OK. They are getting some bad ice storms just across the line in Tennessee.
Steve, that Tornado video is awesome. Was that a diesel locomotive tacked on the end?
Chris, I need to do a a water and filter change too. I've finally got the tank balanced so there's algae growing but not turning the water green. I think I have enough to support a couple of algae eaters now. I used to have a real aggressive tank with tinfoils, oscars, convicts...all the man ones. They used to eat each other regularly. It got to the point the convict got so big that I couldn't put anything else in the tank with him that wasn't as least as big as him or he thought it was feeding time. The worst fish I had for biting were paku's. They are vegetarian relatives of piranhas but they still have a pretty good set of teeth. They liked the hair on my arm too and were pretty good about darting in a tearing off chunks while I was cleaning the tank.
Phillip, glad to see you got some bike riding time in. I suspect it's about the last until spring though.
Paul, congratulations to your son. I'm sure I would have been diagnosed with ADD if they had that when I was a youngster. I was like Jeffrey, couldn't sit still unless I was doing something really interesting. Managed to make it out of college and and hold down a couple of responsible jobs in my life so I wish they would just let kids be kids and stop trying to make life easier for teachers.
Rex, glad you recovered from our invasion.

I hate shopping and wrapping presents. I got number two daughter a desk she wanted so I first have to wrap the box and then assemble the darn thing. I'm sure it will be E-Z though.
Sandy, weather like that is why I left Cleveland. I'm still not really in a Christmas mood either. Seems like it's just too short a season this year. I'm going to have to take everything down almost as soon as I've got it up.
LTF, that's weird that you've had so many close calls with lightning. There is some evidence that certain people are more likely to be struck by lightning than others but it always non-fatal. There's a famous story of a Park Ranger in the Smokey Mountain National Park that was struck by lightning seven time. It did everything from blow his shoes off to turn his hair white but he was never seriously injured. He finally got transferred to Zion National Park in Utah and was struck again within two weeks after getting there. The poor guy finally committed suicide.

I've never read a good scientific explanation for this phenomena.
The weather here has done a complete flip-flop. It was in the 40's last week and is now in the 70's. It's still 63 at 0230, awfully warm for December. Our high pressure ridge is just strong enough to keep the Arctic air just north of us so it looks like we will be in 70's most of the week. Other than sweating like a pig putting up the Christmas lights, I'm not complaining compared to most other places in the country.
