Coffee shop one-three

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Status
Not open for further replies.
About the most dangerous fish I've raised are small red fin and black fin freshwater sharks. At the largest they're about 6 inches in length.
 
Brrrr!

Well I took this pic yesterday on my B'day out the back window thinking it was cold.
This morning it is -40 with the windchill, that's when Celsius and Fahrenheit are equal! :eek:
I'm off this week so think I'll work in the train room! :D
If there were any toxic fishies around here will be fishicles right about now.
 
Good morning.

It's 64 and cloudy. The high should be in the lower 70's with rain.

I'm only working on one project at present. It's am old Athearn GP38-2 chassis with AAR trucks and a Bachmann GP50 body. I'm putting a Bachmann decoder in this Heinz 57 nightmare and it'll be paired up with my Athearn SPSF Kodachrome GP38-2 which also has a Bachmann decoder. The hardest part was adapting the Athearn frame to the Bachmann body. This was definitely a shotgun wedding. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 12/15/2008

Wind Chill: 64°F
Humidity: 94%
Dew Point: 63°F

So Far Today
High: 66°F
Low: 64°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 7mph S

Today Low: 55 High: 72 Patchy fog early in the morning...otherwise mostly cloudy. A 30 percent chance of showers. Highs in the lower 70s. Temperature falling into the mid 50s by late in the afternoon. Southeast winds 5 to 10 mph in the morning becoming north 10 to 15 mph in the afternoon.

Tonight Low: 45 Mostly cloudy with a 40 percent chance of showers. Cooler. Lows in the mid 40s. North winds 10 to 15 mph.

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n3/proudIndian/P1010660.jpg
 


Good morning folks

It was 46 F as I headed on to the roads this morning. Our high today will be 61 F. This up and down temperatures is driving everyone crazy. We get a few days in the thirties followed by a couple of days in the sixties and then back down to the thirties. We also have more rain coming which we really don’t need. Some places are still recovering from flooding on Friday.

It was a busy weekend. We did the grocery shopping sandwiched between Christmas shopping excursions. We had the kids Christmas photos taken.

I continued working on the P2K B&O Mather stock cars. I have to add the brake wheel details, couplers, and trucks and then they are ready for weathering. I helped my son assemble an Accurail Kyle ACF covered hopper. It is the second one he has and the first kit he has put together. I had to do some of the assembling usually when a part had to be forced a little. He was afraid of pushing too hard and breaking something. He did about 80% of the assembling. When it was done he was so happy that he had built a train.

I hope everybody has a good day.
 
G'morning guys!
Rain & 60 today, Rain & the 30's tomorrow, More rain for Wednesday and Thrusday....... I guess I'll be wearing waders to get woodstove fodder out of the shed!
Yesterday was too much! Put the snowplow and chains on the tractor, (thats why it's rain, not snow) cut a new Christmas tree, carried it 100 yards to the truck, and still had time to hit the LHS to order some paint. There my 12 year old hit me up for a freight car kit,an Accurail WM boxcar. His weekend visits of late have been occupied with the rebuilding and superdetailing of an old plastic steamer. Now he wants rolling stock! He even got it all put together buy himself while his step-mom and myself put up the tree! His mother says he is ADHD and a behavioural problem. He's as good as gold for me and will spend hours working and playing with trains if I let him. Go figgure? I'm going to see how far this train thing goes. He has had some issues with schoolwork and I may have to bring a little pressure to bear, like tying in visits to the LHS with good reports cards/progress reports. Has anyone else had any success with this kinda stuff?
All I can say for today is , Oh, my achin back!:eek:
 
Of all the years I known you.........Yes, that does explain a lot:D:p Does that mean you avoid baths and showers too:)
No, I still bathe annually.:rolleyes:
First time I was working on a computer, and lightning followed the power line into the building, which I conveniently supplied ground for.
Second time, lightning followed the phone line in, which I again conveniently provided ground for.
While neither were direct strikes, it was enough to scramble my brain cells around...:eek:
 
Yes, the maintinance is tough! I keep putting off the water change, it needs to be done though! Might try after work, the saltwater is already made just got to do the deed:o I was thinking of getting a stone fish, they are neat:) The fish that is the Pain in the but is my obital Bat! He likes to bite and see how many hairs he can rip from my arm! tank cleaning is fun:eek: one day the butter and frying pan will get him!LOL's

When I was a teenager I used to breed black Pirahna. They have a rather nasty disposition, especially if they aren't well fed. I woke up one night at around 2am to this terrible racket. I had one of my tanks on a book case, and next to the book case was a metal trash can. Seems that one of the little buggers was feeling his oats and jumped from the tank and landed in the trash can. So all of a sudden, I'm sitting bolt upright in bed in a dark room. I flip on the light and my trash can is banging it's way across the floor. I look in there, and there's this fish! now I have to gather my wits about me and get the angry fish in the tank without becomming a midnight snack.

I have a thousand other stories too, as I'm sure you do.

Aren't dangerous fish fun?
 
I had a tiger Oscar like that Philip, it was mental. And a catfish, got up one day to find mrs catfish 3/4 of the way down his hatch.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
His weekend visits of late have been occupied with the rebuilding and superdetailing of an old plastic steamer. Now he wants rolling stock! He even got it all put together buy himself while his step-mom and myself put up the tree! His mother says he is ADHD and a behavioural problem. He's as good as gold for me and will spend hours working and playing with trains if I let him. Go figgure?
There's nothing an ADHD child can't do that a normal child can't do, except sit still for a while. I know. I was an ADHD child before they even knew what ADHD was. Back then we were just slow learners and class clowns, or at worst a disruptive influence. As long as I had something to do that I wanted to do I was fine.If I got bored then look out! I'm still the same way and I'm almost 50.
 
Hi all! Hope your weekend went well and the week will be a good one.
I finally finished wrapping presents. Gads, I hate doing that worst than anything. After 42 years of marriage and many times saying we will start a Christmas Savings account, we finally did it last January. Man, that sure was a blessing for this Christmas's shopping.

My goodness, you northern boys have sure have made me cold. I think I would prefer our tornado warnings and canes over those temps. I love snow, but if the temps are too cold to play in it, I will pass.;)

Philip: How did you pick that fish up and get it back in the tank? Did you use a chair and whip? :D
 


Philip, didn't pick it up!.................................... He called a Sushi Chef, One Black Pacu roll please!
 
No, I still bathe annually.:rolleyes:
First time I was working on a computer, and lightning followed the power line into the building, which I conveniently supplied ground for.
Second time, lightning followed the phone line in, which I again conveniently provided ground for.
While neither were direct strikes, it was enough to scramble my brain cells around...:eek:

That Explains more than I wanted to know!:eek:
 
I thought fish were supposed to be calming and were to help lower blood pressure. The thought of being 'attacked' by a fish doesn't exactly sends waves of peace and calm over me! :eek:

It got to -17 yesterday night and it was around -13 when I left for work this a.m. My car started right up...Yea Ford! :p

This global warming is freezin' me!

Hope everyone is staying warm and toasty. Guess I had better think about starting my Christmas shopping. I just do not seem to be catching that holiday spirit this year. Maybe I am too busy. Just not sure what the problem is. Perhaps some shopping will help :D



Sandy
 
It got to -17 yesterday night and it was around -13 when I left for work this a.m. My car started right up...Yea Ford! :p

This global warming is freezin' me!

Sandy


HeHeHeHe If you had a Chevy you could have stayed home warm and what not with a good excuse to miss work;):D

It's Global alright!:D:):D Global Insanity!;)
 
Darn Sandy, that is way toooooo cold! BRRRRRRR!
Fellows, aren't those fish very expensive? What is the life span of most?
 
With windchill today it was about -30 out. Shoveled a couple of drive ways and decided I will not be going outside for the rest of the night if possible.
 


Darn Sandy, that is way toooooo cold! BRRRRRRR!
Fellows, aren't those fish very expensive? What is the life span of most?

If all goes well 25years for some in a captivity;) Electric eels can live 50 i heard:confused: My Obital bat is 1.5 years old and 1.5 pounds:Dwhen I got him he was tiny....... smart bugger:) at times I think he's smarter than my dog:D:D:DLOL's There are some cheap fish.......But cool ones are a bit high;) Here's my ever changing tank: http://www.modelrailroadforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8798&highlight=aquarium
 
Status
Not open for further replies.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top