Coffee shop one-three

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning folks. I thought I would pop in and say hello. It sounds like everyone is in fair shape. If I'm wrong, then I wish you the best. I now know that the economy is in the crapper. How I know this is because I'm actually getting good deals on ebay. In previous attempts at auctions, I paid close to what actual retail would be in the main online stores. Now I'm getting the same kits (I needed two) for half the price. I have been watching the price of certain kits for months in anticipation of needing them. They can now be had for quite a bit less than in the past. This is true for quite a few different items. I guess a bad economy is good for me today. I just won't look at my investments today!:eek:

I hope everyone has a good day. I'm working on getting up the nerve to start gluing roadbed and soldering track tomorrow. We'll see, I'm off to work.
 
Good Morning to All,
It was a cool 42* this morning with clear skys.

Good to hear that everyone seems to be doing fine too!

Enjoy your modeling.
 
Good morning to everyone!
Jim and Rex- I just put a notice in the TRAIN SHOW section about the McWane exhibit opening. Hope there is enough information for you to find it sometime during the holidays.
If you have questions, PM and I'll try to answer you quickly.
Just 9 more weekends to spend in lovely downtown Birmingham. WC members staff the train exhibit during the weekends, so let me know when you plan to be there and I'll try to meet you.
I had a pretty good train weekend at an estate sale buying train products and four hours of fighting an N scale layout that only wanted to work in 10 minute segments. I think the layout won, until the track and engines can be completely cleaned and serviced.
Mikey
 


Mornin' everyone!

A chilly, damp day here in the Finger Lakes. Currently 35°F with a high of only 38° later in the day. We also have a few white flakes falling out of the sky........ We could get 1 to 3 inches of accumulation tonight of wet slushy snow, but I doubt it will last long. Of course that means today would be an excellent day to finish up the recording I have only just started to do (the one I promised the customer would be done last week.......)

So I better get moving and get to work! See you all later!
 
How Bizzare, just done this in Photoshop, it's a first Great Western HST
10-08-07084pyramids.jpg


A Sheep Skull
10-08-07121skull.jpg


And a sweaty sock Thistle
10-08-07129whirl.jpg


Makes your eyes go funny
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by vato loco View Post


Jim/Rex I have to say my way of picking the winner is easier!
The collage with the uglier girls will win! (Uglier woman= Meaner player's) end of story.
Hands down, that would be Auburn Number 1.
Oops! Sorry Mikey. LOL
ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha
 
Afternoon, everyone.

Indeed, Andrew, it used be Armistice Day here, now called Veteran's Day. The Eleventh month, on the Eleventh day, at the Eleventh hour, all guns fell silent..for 21 years, when we really had "The Big One". We are such slow learners. :(

Chris, the highest unemployment rates we reached in recent times was 10.8% in December, 1982, when Ronald Reagan was president. Unemployment actually fell during most of Carter's administration. While a 6.5% unemplyment isn't good, it's still only about 1.5% above the 50 year average. That will all start to change in 2009, I'm afraid.

Corey, the effects of deflation are beginning to show up everywhere, from car lots to e-bay. This is a great time to have cash but it won't last long. At some point, the bill will come due for all the bailout money we are spending and then inflation will take off like a rocket. What looks expensive today will look cheap compared to two years from now.

Mikey, I'm looking forward to seeing those layouts. I don't know exactly when I'll get up there but I'll PM you. I usually try to avoid weekends, being retired and all.

Ray, nothing more fun than three inches of slushy snow...as long as you can stay inside. I hated those kinds of days in Cleveland. I don't know how the drivers are up there in the snow but a slush storm like that would lead to 30 car pileups all over the place in Cleveland.

Rex, that was a low blow about Auburn. My daughter goes to Auburn and she's beautiful. Well, my wife says, since she goes to Auburn Montgomery, that really doesn't count. :) I'm still confused about some aspects of that rivalry.

Steve, I'm still recovering from my vertigo attack from that first image. :D

It's a nice sunny day down here after a chilly night with a low of 35. 70 degrees now with deep blue skies so nothing to complain about compared to slushy snow.
 
Rex- I guess Auburn feels they might lhave to let Bama win one this year.
Otherwise, they will whine, stomp their feet and say they don't want to play anymore.:D LOL!!!!
Mikey
 


Well, I took the plunge!

I bought a 2001 Drifter 1500 this weekend.
She's got almost 19,000 miles on her, but only 200 in the last 4 years. It came with a solo and a two up seat, Vance & Hines pipes, Kuryakyn grips, saddle bags, windshield, and shop manual. It was painted not long ago (black), but it has a couple of light scuffs. I think I can buff those out though.

I figure I can use this winter to buff out the paint, change all the fluids, check out the brake pads, you know, little stuff like that.

I snapped a pretty lousy pic of it this morning. There's lots of shadows on the garage door behind it, and a few reflections of the overhead lights, but you get the idea. I'll get some better shots soon. Anyways, here she is!

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j319/pcarrell/IMG_0417.jpg
 
"Flo, I'll have a big Bowl of homemade beef stew and biscuts and for drink a nice beer and for my sweet tooth a Apple pie ala mod,,,,, please!"

Well, I'm home survived another work day! Wasn't to bad, boss called in sick so I decided to Mowed today with the Kubota 3130 and toro gang reels! the cool day and the smell of fresh cut grass was nice!:D Now, I have to vacuum the floors, mop, and cook dinner and I can call it an evening!:) Tomarrow I'm going to clean out the train room! It's going to be a chore, but worth it! I just might post a before and after pic's just for S&G's:D

Which school has the uglest girls debate, I wouldn't touch with a ten foot pole! I'll keep my choice to myself........less trouble I can get in to;):D!

Carry on guys:D
 
The visit to the foot doc didn't go quite as well as I'd hoped. Seems there's an infection trying to take hold so he has me on antibiotics for it for a couple of weeks. That ought to nip it in the bud.
 
Phillip, that's a mean looking bike. Things that big scare me. :)

Chris, now you've done it. I haven't had apple pie ala mode in years and now I'm dying for some. It must be a lot more pleasant cutting grass now than in the blazing summer heat.

Jeffrey, I hope the antibiotics clear up that infection. Diabetes is such a hard disease to control. :(

I see Circuit City file Chapter 11 bankruptcy today and several analysts have lowered GM's stock value to a target of zero. :eek: I think some rough seas are still ahead of us.
 
Jim, there is always an exception and I'm sure your daughter is it. She must beware that traveling to the main campus could cause hay seed acme, tooth and hair loss, mad cow, and possible memory loss. :D

Heck, there are books out there over an inch thick of nothing but Alabama/Auburn jokes...stabs.

Philip: That is a sweet machine! Love bikes, just don't dare ride any more. ;)

Mikey You know that matchup nevers cares about rankings. Anything could happen...but probably won't. Hahahaha!
 
Good morning.

It's 58 and cloudy. The high is due to be around 70 And it looks like rain will be coming in later.

The weather here is already wet and dreary so I won't be going much of anywhere so maybe I can get some of the junk cleared off the layout and get it somewhat presentable. Maybe today I'll get a chance to install a decoder in the SDP40F A unit and get it speed matched to the B unit. Once that's done I'll come up with a patch job for them to have the L&A roadname on them. It's day two of the antibiotic treatment and they have dragged me down a little but that usually happens until I get used to it. No way am I spending the Thanksgiving holiday in the hospital two years in a row. Ain't happening.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 11/11/2008


Wind Chill: 56°F
Humidity: 92%
Dew Point: 56°F

So Far Today
High: 60°F
Low: 58°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 18mph NNE

Today High: 72 Showers and thunderstorms likely. Locally heavy rainfall possible. Highs in the lower 70s. Southeast winds 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 60 percent.

Tonight Low: 65 Cloudy with a 50 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Locally heavy rainfall possible. Lows in the mid 60s. Southeast winds 10 to 15 mph.

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q186/forum-1/P1010002-52.jpg
 
Good Morning From Florida!

Well, Today is the day I clean my Train room! It looks Bad and scary and Lord know's what buried under that stuff! I shall over come and win:p;)


Before Pic's!
 


Mornin' everyone!

Chris that looks like my son's bedroom used to......... only neater!

I have been having some fun with my LaCie 1 TB external Hard Drive. Doesn't like to mount on the desktop anymore. I finally got it to come up, ran Disk Utility on it and it says everything is OK. Ran Diskwarrior and it found a couple of problems and corrected them (Rebuilt the disk directory). Got to work on a recording and it seemed to be fine. This morning...... same problems. Ran disk utility after I finally coaxed it into mounting and it says the disk is fine!?! This evening I will set up my laptop and see if I have the same problem there. I did make backups of all the important data on the disk (4 DVDs worth). Much of the data on the disk is business files that I probably will never need again and I have still on the the recording hard drives for the Alesis HD24 recorder. So I am not worried if it goes Pffffffftttt.

Have my six month check up with my doctor this afternoon. He already sent me the bad news that my blood work has not improved..... On the other hand it hasn't gotten worse either. Most everything is just over the preferred numbers. My 3 month sugar levels are still within the desired range although my blood sugar was 131 the day of the test. I will see what changes he wants me to have..... Tough getting old.

Hope you all have a great day and don't forget those who served and lost their lives or have been disabled by that service for us! Have a good day of remembrance.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top