Coffee shop one-three

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Status
Not open for further replies.
Afternoon, everyone

Dan, snow on your car? I knew there was a good reason I don't live in Minnesota. :)

Mikey, sometimes a rant does the soul good...but then you get over it and realize our trains are still running.

Chris, it gets cold enough up here that the lawns do turn brown and stop growing. I'm waiting for the leaves to fall from the Crepe Myrtles so I can prune those back. I did prune back a bunch Mimosa trees that were grwoing over the property line and killing the lawn. Those things are world's biggest weeds.

Ray, Harold is right about the hard had and clipboard thing. I can't count the number of times I had to go to a utility company site I was doing some consulting for and forgot my ID. As long as I had my hard hat, no one ever stopped to question me.

Rex, I hadn't even though about parking for the game but I guess I'd better start. Is parking at the University Mall and going over to the stadium by bus the best way to do it? Any idea how much it costs? Happy Birthday to your Mom. I can see my daughter still watching Bama football if she makes it to 93.

CJ, I'd vote for a bad neoprene drive train connector since the engine is making screaming noises. I had an Overland 2-10-2 with one of those neoprene tubes and it never ran right until I finally replaced it with a proper universal joint.

Ray, have fun with the wood splitter. You should have enough wood for two winters now.

Steve, a "Sweaty Sock"? That sounds way worse than some of things I've heard Obama called. :D

Larry, my dad was a big Indians fan and there was always a game on in the summer. He was also a Browns fan so he didn't feel too lost since he had another team he could watch lose. :(

David, that new waitress is kind of cute. It seems like I've seen her somewhere before.

Well, the Bama game is underway and the Tide is already up 7-0 so we'll hope to remain unbeaten.
 


Jim a sweaty sock is a term for the Jock's as in Scots used in england, it's not offensive to them. it apears my post has been deleted, oops.
 
Well, we got the two lawns done today. One customer is debating on resodding her back yard......I hope so I could use the $200 clams for christmas gifts! When I got home I felt a little saucy so I cleaned the garage. Next weekend I'll clean out the train room and get it ready to finish it out! If this next summer is good one for the lawn business, I might be able to finish it......I can only hope:)

Jim I love crapes! they are so pretty when in full bloom:) I got a Golden Rain tree and two Chines tallows in my front yard. Their pretty in the early fall to but nothing more than a messy weed in late fall:mad: Every winter I threaten to cut them down but my laziness saves their but's every year:rolleyes:;) So I just end up topping them every year......Friday I fed the lawn and nuked it for bugs! (Nuked it= Over dose on pesticide my yard only required 5 ounces of product i'm using for 5000sqft. I put 21oz of product to cover the same area!) No live bug's today in the yard!:) Just dead bugs:rolleyes:a Evil LOL's:)

Steve LOL's "Sweaty Sock!" I like that term:p
 
Whoooo-eeee, that was a tough game. Bama wins in overtime 27-21. I don't know if I would be able to handle another one like that. At least my week is not a total disaster.

Jim: If it were me, would take the bus shuttle from University Mall. I believe it is $10 a head, but that is worth it. IF you can find a spot near the stadium it would cost you and you would also have all the traffic jam...and I mean JAM. Since you will come in on 82 (becoming McFarland Blvd.), just keep going past the Interstate about 2 miles and the Mall is on the right and you will see the signs for where to go. Still...be early.;)
 
it's not the snow I mind, it is the cold that gets to you.

With that said, its snowing again.
I've been to several parts of the world that get a lot of snow. I got tired of getting that cold during the winter. That's why I'm down here in Louisiana now. It rarely snows here and very rarely gets down to 0F.
 
David my parents have been in the same room at the nursing home now for two years. And you are right it is not fun to go and visit them. I enjoy being with them but there are so many SICK older folks there that my parents have few people they can interact with except the staff and mom dearly loves almost all of the staff. They keep their door closed all of the time so they do not have to see or listen to all of the folks who are in the hallway.
 
whats happening? heres the lastest with me. there seems to be some changes in my modeling, as most know, i have been remoldeling the basement, then wife comes up with a new plan, get this, when the house is done, she wants an over sized 30' by 50 foot garage, so i says, what ever you want honey......so she says, well, i though you could put a second floor on it for.....trains!!! yes right out of the horses mouth!!! so then i says, wel, the basement is over half finished.... she says well, those poles were in the way of your plans right? I says yes.....she says, well, you can put your wood working shop down there!!! I think shes a keeper.... (were not quite married yet)

so anyway we finished dismantleing my late grandfather's american flyer layout, and a funny thing. when i was a little kid, he showed me a "secret hiding place". he had put several new, in the box AF asesories there. he said these will be here for you. and that was all, and that was 20 years ago. low, and behold, i just for fun i looked, and everything was still there, as i remember it..... waiting for me as he promised.

I hope i will be like him. i have a long way to go. its funny how generations differ so much. he was an example of what to be. RIP

Ryan
 


Steve, your post is still there. I can't imagine why it would have been deleted since it was obviously meant in good humor.

Dan, the cold was always fun too, especially when the skin peeled off your hand if you forgot to put on gloves before opening the car door. :eek:

Rex, that was a really sloppy game on both sides. LSU gave us two gift touchdowns and that field goal attempt at the end of regulation was pathetic. I'm glad we won but we'd better improve against the pass if we're going to beat Florida. Still, a win is a win and 10-0 is a heck of a record. I'll take your advice about the University Mall parking. I looked at parking closer in and it was $50 and up!

Larry, it must be tough having both parents in a nursing home. I know it can be a rather depressing environment at times. I'm glad they have each other still.

Ryan, good to see you're still at it. If your girlfriend ever decides to dump you, let us know so the other single guys can have a chance at her. :D She does sound like a sweetie. That's a very touching story about your grandfather. Since my son has zero interest in trains, I'm hoping one day to have a grandson that I can leave my trains to.
 
Yeah Jim, it was sloppy (particularly the first half), but sloppy against a very strong and tough team. Yes, they gave us two touchdowns if you want to call good defense that. However, we also reciprocated with JParker's personal foul and Arenas doing his "I am invincible footwork" fumble. Our mistakes gave them their points along with two very bad calls. Good teams find a way to make the other team make mistakes. Bottom line is Bama found a way to win and didn't give up.

We have beaten the powerhouse of Florida before and could do it again. Regardless and I must confess, right now I would almost bet the BCS Championship will between Florida and Texas Tech depending on how Tech does against Oklahoma. I hope I'm wrong. ;)
 
11-09-2008

Good Morning from Tipton IN ! :D

TIPTONDEPOT.png
:eek:
SteakEggs.png

THECOFFEESHOP.png
3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawl.png
Diner.png

menu_breakfast_1.png
waitress.png


wiggle.png
 
Good morning.

It's 49 and clear. The high will be in the low 70's and it will be partly cloudy.

Yesterday I started on the DCC conversion of the SDP40F's. I got the B unit done. It now has a Digitrax DZ125 decoder and has been set so it's normal direction of travel is reverse. I'll get the A unit done today if I have time.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 11/9/2008


Wind Chill: 46°F
Humidity: 72%
Dew Point: 38°F

So Far Today
High: 49°F
Low: 45°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 6mph NE

Today High: 72 Mostly sunny. Highs in the lower 70s. Northeast winds 5 to 10 mph.

Tonight Low: 48 Partly cloudy. Lows in the upper 40s. East winds 5 to 10 mph.
 
Good Morning from Florida!

Local Weather:
8 AM 55 °F Sunny Sunny and cool.
2 PM 76 °F Sunny Sunny and low humidity.
10 PM 59 °F Clear Clear and cool.
We're always 5* to 10* cooler than Tampa!:D


Local News:
Feed me :(
http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/myfox/...n=2&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=3.2.1
Poor little animals:(:( If I could I would adopt all the dogs:)

Lakeland swans squawk and squirm through scrubbing
http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/myfox/...n=1&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=3.2.1


Personal Note:
"Flo, I'll Have the 20oz. Steak and eggs with a large side of home fries, Cup of coffee and fresh Florida OJ.......And put this on Rex's tab! BTW:Flo, also get Rex a glass of ice water to put out that wallet fire he has:D:rolleyes:LOL's!"

Well, all I got left to do today is wash both vehicals and relax today! and I just might say no to washing the vehicals.:D

Jim/Rex Florida is still a threat;)!

Steve Great Pic!

Ryan my son is lucky, I got more toy's than him:D Trains, RC cars and truck, Airsoft Guns, and my Fish Tanks! If I'm not careful he might snuff me out for my toys!:) BTW: My son's name is Ryan!
 
20oz Steak for me as well Flo, just 30 seconds on the flame is enough though, i could eat a horse between two bread vans i'm that hungary.
 
20oz Steak for me as well Flo, just 30 seconds on the flame is enough though, i could eat a horse between two bread vans i'm that hungary.
I second that I want my cow mooing too:D Hey, Steve I get your tab!

"flo, Rex is got steve's too!":D;)


Thanks REX!
 
Good Morning to All,
At 7:30 it was 42*F here in Coarsegold and pretty wet, we had a considerable rain shower last night which from all indications dumped another inch on us. I didn't dump the rain guage before but this morning it measured 2.25" and yesterday we had approximately 1.15 so we are starting to get the rain we so desperastely needed and the snow pack is visable the higher elevations.

Say Rex, that mighty big of you to be picking up the tab, don't mind if I do take advantage of your genarosity. Say Flo I have the WORKS with an EXTRA Side of HASH Browns and a nice thick T-Bone Steak too if you would cooked Medium Rare and smothered in Mushrooms & Onions! I'm sure glad Rex is feeling so generous!! Oh and some Coffee too would be great, thanks.

Rico's accident scene reminded me of an actual incident like that when I was much younger and about out of High school. I worked an a motor cycle shop and there was a freeway over pass just the other side of an intersection a couple of hundred feet away.
One afternoon some guy driving a semi wasn't watching his clearance too close and wedged the trailer under the overpass a couple of feet and it was stuck tight. So the driver and another guy were standing there trying to figure out how to get the tractor and trailer out from under the overpass. Finally I suggested they let some air out of the
tires on the tractor to gain the needed clearance and they were then able to back out.

Larry, sorry to hear you have both parents in a nursing home, that's doublely tough. I'm sure they are glad to see you when you go and visit. I need to get down to see my Mom too.

Have a good day and week to all!
 


Hey, guys remember to order a glass of water too! We wouldn't want Rex's wallet fire to get out of control! Or we'll owe him a new pair of pants!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top