Coffee shop one-three

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh man, I was just looking at those slimline acoustic/electrics earlier today......and I caught myself drooling!

That is a sweetie you have there!
 
11-06-2008

Good Morning from Tipton IN ! :D

TIPTONDEPOT.png
:eek:
SteakEggs.png

THECOFFEESHOP.png
3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawl.png
Diner.png

menu_breakfast_1.png
waitress.png

:rolleyes:
 
Good morning Bill ! Looks like another beautiful day here in Western New York ! Sunny with Temps in the high sixties , thats six days in a row without rain . Guess it's the Miami of the North. Well it's off to the market ,hope you all have a nice day !
 


Good morning.

It's 63 and cloudy. The high should be around 80 and there's a chance of thunderstorms later.

I put in a lot of work on my Athearn SDP40F and now it runs as quiet and smooth as any of my Atlas or Proto 2000 locos. I removed the blue box motor and drive with the exception of the trucks and installed a new Athearn motor, hex shafts and worms. I also installed new nickel silver wheels. The frame, trucks and body are all that remain of the original BB items. All the new components came from a scrapped AC4400. The nylon motor mounts were removed and the motor has been properly mounted with screws. All in all a good rebuild.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 11/6/2008


Wind Chill: 64°F
Humidity: 88%
Dew Point: 61°F

So Far Today
High: 64°F
Low: 63°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 9mph SSE

Today High: 80 Partly cloudy in the morning then becoming mostly cloudy. A 40 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Highs around 80. South winds 10 to 15 mph.

Tonight Low: 58 Mostly cloudy with a 50 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Lows in the upper 50s. Southwest winds around 5 mph in the evening becoming northwest after midnight.

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n3/proudIndian/P1010102-2.jpg
 
Good morning folks

Temperature on the way in this morning was a balmy 59 F. High today will be 64 F. I ran in and out of rain all the way to work this morning. It looks like that it will be that way all day.

Yesterday my daughter’s volleyball team had their awards ceremony. My daughter got the Hustle Award. Her team finished the season 6 and 6. It could have been better. With the exception of few girls the team lacked a killer instinct. They had teams down and could not put them away. Also once they fell behind they gave up. I guess you can say the team was a reflection of the coach as she was the same way. My daughter is already looking forward to playing for the 8th grade coach next year.

We had our Cub Scout den meetings last night so no trains again.

I hope everybody has a good day.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Mornin' everyone!

Philip that is my Cordoba Classical Guitar (hand made in Spain) - present to myself last spring. For years I played a Yamaha, actually wore out 2 of them. Have always wanted a true professional axe. Haven't really done much practicing in years, and this was a good reason to get back at it. All I have to do is find the time............ Or should I say MAKE the time to get some of the beautiful pieces I used to play back under my fingers. (While I can still hear it.......)

Today I am helping Harold Russell get some photos of the back of an old mill in Canandaigua that he has drawn. He will be able to finish up the back of the building detail for the project. It is always fun to work with Harold and it is another beautiful sunny day here in the Finger Lakes.

Hope all of you have a great day!
 
Ray, I hear that! I don't have a lot of time either. It's amazing how much you forget over time, huh? BTW, I was going to ask about the wide looking neck on that guitar (not much taper to it either). Is that guitar set up for flamenco or something, or is it just the angle of the pic that makes it look a bit broad? Either way, it's a beautiful instrument that should serve you well for many years to come.
 
Hi Philip. It is the standard neck for a Classical Guitar and is the type that is used for flamenco (nylon strings). It is the kind of guitar played by Andrés Segovia, Christopher Parkening, John Williams, Julian Bream, and Jose Feliciano to name just a few. It is often used to play transcriptions of Lute music (J. S. Bach played lute - in church BTW).

The Smithsonian in Washington DC has a wonderful collection of lutes and early guitars. Way back in the 70s I was in the right place at the right time and actually got to perform a piece on a 150 year old Spanish made (gut strung) guitar at the Smithsonian Institution. I asked if the guitar he was playing was similar to the guitar that Jacob Otto had made (first one to have 6 strings). The gentleman giving the demo said he didn't know. He started the next selection and stopped after about 4 measures. The lightbulb had come on. At the end he handed me a 400 year old Lute (that no one but him was supposed to touch) and asked me if I played. I told him that I taught Classic Guitar, so he handed me the guitar and said, "go ahead". I played a short piece by Fernando Sor..... What a high! My wife said I was like a helium balloon for the rest of the trip!
 
Mikey
there are a lot of people that are going to have to give up their "rose colored glasses" and examine some things with a magnifying glass to see how deep the corruption has gone into the roots of our world.
Thats right, it's been happening right under everyone's noses right from the very top, right over the banking and investment world. it makes me very angry knowing how they have manipulated everything for there own pockets, it's now turned round and bit them on the arse, but will they be hung for it, no chance. :(
 


Afternoon, everyone.

All the relatives have finally left so I have some time to stop by and visit. It's always nice to see everyone but also nice to have a quiet house again.

Happy belated birthday, Paul. You new new girlfriend is very shapely. :) I don't know a darned thing about guitars but yours and Ray's are both beautiful pieces of workmanship.

It was a mob scene at our polling place with about a one hour wait to get in. If nothing else, this election got a lot of voters out who have probably have never voted in their lives. I have no idea what the new government will turn out to be or what they will do but I know for certain that the Republicans had better start looking hard at their party. This was their election to lose and they did an excellent job.

The market is continuing to tank but it's not because of the election. The structural problems in the economy haven't changed and won't change significantly within the next year no matter who got elected president. Now that the election is behind us, I can only hope the Democrats will turn to the task at hand, righting our sinking ship.

It has been beautiful fall weather here although our lack of rain is really beginning to hurt. We've had highs in the low 80's all week and clear skies. There's an outside chance for rain tomorrow but if we get a quarter inch, I'll be surprised. There's also an interesting tropical storm, Paloma, in the southern Caribbean that has the potential to become a major hurricane and hit the Cayman Islands, Cuba, and the Bahamas over the next four days. None of the models take it over south Florida now but that's based on how a low pressure system currently over the Ohio Valley behaves. If it moves a little slower than forecast, the outlook for Florida could change so all you guys in south and central Florida should keep up with the forecasts over the weekend.

I haven't had time to read all the posts so I hope everyone else doing as well as they can.
 
Jim She's taking on water and the bulkheads are bulging Captain,,, It'll be like bailing water out of a super tanker with a tea cup !!! maybe harder. How's it going Jim.
 
Steve and Jim- I hope all of us are wrong and some heavy prayers are answered to drag the world economy out of the present downward spiral.

We need a couple days to catch our breath and make some plans to improve theway things are being handled. It will not be quick or a solo effort by one country. We are too close to being a global economy for anyone to escape the loss of value in so many products and services. Our middle Eastern "friends" cannot cut production fast enough to raise petroleum prices back to levels of 6 months ago. Too many people have begun changing habits and consumption patterns to reduce their dependence on oil so much.

We will have a duty to monitor the troubles of the world, in front of our monitors, while drinking our favorite beverages.

Flo, another cup of coffee, please, while I get down off my soapbox!:o

Sorry, I need to go buy some train stuff to get back to normal. Better than drugs or liquor for me. Well, some kinds of liquor!
Mikey
 
Steve You hit the nail on the head! Tea cup...Try a Tea spoon!

RANT WARNING;)

I feel(JMO) Neither one (Party or Person Elect) was or is up to the Task of righting our sinking Ship! They are to occupied with pleasing the special intrest groups to be concerned with properly fixing our economy. We as a PEOPLE need to keep tighter reins on these YO-YO's we put in office, and not let them run a muck unchecked! We put them in office.......... By GOD we should take them out as fast when they screw up by any means nessary, our country is at stake and we need to protect her from Stupid people The one's put in office and the one's who put them there! Our sinking ship is heading in to real high sea's and the seals on the hatchs are rotted I'm Afraid to say....(JMO)

RANT OVER SORRY:o

BTW: The weather down here has been sweet! Come on down and escape the snow this winter:D! We need more tourest down here!
 
Mikey, I could go for a nice cold beer while work/playing with my trains!


They play nice together!LOL's
 
Evening folks!

I spent most of the afternoon up in Canandaigua getting photos of and taking measurements of the back of this old grain elevator that is still standing. We couldn't get behind it back in the early summer when we did the rest of the building.

Benhams11w.png


My partner in crime, Mr Harold Russell, Master Model Railroader #14 and known for his drawings (blueprints) of Railroad Buildings.

Harold01w.png


He has recently had articles in Scale Rails and has been published many, many times in well known modeling mags. He is also a brilliant gentleman who is a lot of fun to be around. So I can truthfully say I had a great afternoon. I will start a thread for some other stuff we found while checking out the old yard area in Canandaigua (Most of it is now part of a public trail, so we were "legal" and we had permission to measure the Mill).
 
Good morning.

It's 55, cloudy and very wet. The high is projected to be in the mid 70's and it will be partly cloudy.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 11/7/2008


Wind Chill: 54°F
Humidity: 91%
Dew Point: 51°F

So Far Today
High: 62°F
Low: 54°F
Rain: 0.16"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 10mph N

Now through 08:00 AM CST November 07, 2008

Through 8 AM...a cold front roughly from Franklin in Saint Mary Parish to Marsh Island and into the coastal waters 60 miles offshore Cameron will move southeast at 20 mph. Right along and just ahead of the front...scattered showers and a few thunderstorms will move northeast at 25 mph across portions of south central Louisiana and the coastal waters. Occasional lightning and rainfall rates around 1/2 inch per hour will occur with this activity. Behind the front...scattered showers will be found in a band from Port Arthur to Marksville. This band will move slowly east while the showers move northeast at 25 mph. Light rain can be expected with these showers with rainfall rates less than one tenth of an inch per hour.

Today High: 75 Partly cloudy with a slight chance of showers and isolated thunderstorms in the morning...then mostly sunny in the afternoon. Highs in the mid 70s. North winds 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 20 percent.

Tonight Low: 45 Mostly clear. Cooler. Lows in the mid 40s. Northwest winds around 5 mph.

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n3/proudIndian/P1010135.jpg
 


Good morning folks

It was an unbelievable 61 F this morning. High will be 69 F.

Last night was another catch-up night on chores. I did get to look over the layout and straighten up a few things on it.

This weekend I have a few small repair jobs. I need to fix on of the basement steps and realign the vehicle gate in the fence in the back yard. I also have to clean out the gutters on the front of the house.

I need to finish straighten up the layout and then take a good look at to see what to tackle next. I have some cars sitting on the workbench that need weathering.

I hope everybody has a good day.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top