Coffee shop one-three

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi gang! Do you have a good weekend planned? I will have a mix of football coaching and modeling. Bama's number 1 ranking will be on the line playing LSU at 2:30PM tomorrow. Lot's of other good matchups: Texas Tech vs. Oklahoma State is one of them.

Think: Be social..., share what you have, and enjoy a good weekend:D.
 
Good Morning All,
It was a cool 40* earlier in Coarsegold, there is clear skys above and it's warming a bit.

I've stained the ties for the S&A sidings execpet for the raised section as I have to remove the rail I temporarly laid so that will be my next step. Possibly today?

Rex, I see you have a full weekend of Football planned it appears are you going to get some RR time in too?

Hope everyone has a good weekend.
 


Well David, there will be 3.5 hours tomorrow afternoon that I will have to coach :rolleyes: the Bama/LSU game, but otherwise I will be on the layout with the shop TV in the background. :)
 
Afternoon, everyone.

Day Three of the New World Order and I woke up breathing and the sun still rose so I guess things are still OK. :)

Ray, that looks like a really neat old building to model. Harold obviously is a professional at all this, judging by his hard hard and engineer's notebook.

Mikey, you are correct, the path out of this mess will be both long and steep. I'm certainly hoping that some of the people who are responsible for this will pay the appropriate price, either in this world or the next. America is still the greatest country in the world and its people are strong and resilient. Our parents and grandparents made it through the Great Depression and the biggest war in history and survived and ultimately prospered. I'm confident we will also.

Tom, you need to take a break. :)

Chris, grass cutting season is about over up here too although leaf cleanup and pruning season is beginning. I don't know if that's the case in Florida but do yard cleanup and pruning might be a way to make few extra bucks if don't already offer that service.

Jeffrey, I'm glad you're getting some rain. My driveway is slightly wet and we are getting either a heavy dew or the worlds lightest showers. The radar shows some rain south of us but it's not looking hopeful here for more than a shower or two.

Rex, let's hope you do a good job coaching Bama against LSU. Since Saban was the LSU coach, I'm hoping that gives us some advantage playing them. This will either be a blowout for the Tide or a very close game. My wife got me an Alabama hat for the game next week since she says I have to wear an Alabama hat if we're going to an Alabama game. Being a Buckeyes fan my whole life, I thought I looked more than a little wierd in that hat.

I'm still waiting for my back-ordered crossing gates to come in so I can complete my grade crossing work. I can't put in those dreaded Torti until I know exactly where the gate wire is going to be so I'm stalled for now. Ray did shame me into ordering some switch stands so I'll be replacing my ground throws with them when they finally get here. I can't wait to see how bad I can screw that up. :D

Paloma is now a hurricane and it looks like she may become a rare late season category 3 by Sunday. Looks like the Caymans and Cuba are most at risk. It should be down to tropical storm strength by the time it crosses Cuba and gets to the Bahamas. The risk to Florida looks less today than yesterday although still not zero. If all the highs and lows line up right, the remnants of Paloma should get sucked north along the east coast next week and may turn into a pretty good rainmaker, since the waters up through Long Island are still pretty warm. Something to keep an eye on.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Afternoon guys.

I didn't check the weather this morning, but it was snowing, and my car was covered with probably half an inch of the stuff (of course it melted as soon as I brushed it off)

Hopefully this weekend I can make some progress on what could end up a railroad.

Couple weeks I should have a check from the City for putting in 15 hours being an "election official". That should be able to buy me some gifts for myself to do over my winter break.
 
Good afternoon to one and all!
Thanks to the moderators and regulars here at the Coffee Shop for allowing me to rant and rave yesterday. I finally realized the only good thing I was doing was lowering my blood pressure, temporarily.

I resolved to keep quiet today, and life still goes on.

Our club opens the layout display at a children's museum tomorrow. We still have a couple issues about how many of the railroad displays we will need to try to keep running.
I'll give a final count of the number and types of layouts on display after my shift tomorrow.
Have a good weekend and may Rex's football team prevale.
Mikey
 
Hey guys, I just got the equipment fueled and ready for tomarrows mowings. and yes, Jim we do mow in the winter too! If you have a well maintained lawn your grass is green most of the winter. The 4 to 6 frosts we get a year burns them a little bit but they tend to bounce back! We pick up leaves to and trim trees. We also mulch flower beds and also pressure wash house and such to keep the $$ flowing.
Last year was pressure washing a house in 40 degree weather. That was fun!

Steve, I like blend the boss game! and as for the cartoons, froggy fun wheel, ten pump bb gun, and frog in the blender. Steve I got a new fav. http://www.joecartoon.com/cartoons/958-gerbil_cider_bounce you might like this one?
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Ray, that looks like a really neat old building to model. Harold obviously is a professional at all this, judging by his hard hard and engineer's notebook.

His clinic on the subject of "field Measuring" starts off with him holding up his hard hat and the clipboard. Then he says that if you are wearing the hat and carrying the clipboard no one will stop and ask "what the ......... you are doing". He has some great stories to tell of his adventures measuring buildings. One of his favorites is the time he asked permission of the company that owned an old station. The main office of the company was across the street from the building. The secretary wanted to know exactly what he wanted to do, so they went over to the station where he explained that he would measure several different dimensions and turn it into a drawing that could be used to scratch build a model. She couldn't be convinced so he asked her to please ask the owner. She said OK and went back across the street promising that he would wait till she got back. As soon as she left, he quickly started measuring the building. About a half hour later she came back and told him the boss said absolutely not! He thanked her kindly for her time and left with all the info needed to do the building........;):D
 
Jim, I forgot you were going to the Mississippi State game here in T-town next weekend. Yeah, a Bama hat would be better :D. You guys going to park at University Mall and take a bus to the stadium?

Mikey, I have belief that there are enough safe guards to protect the integrity and the security of our country from anything or anyone that may try to lead us in the wrong direction. Also, I believe that our economy will pull out by its own and we barely will remember this next summer. We just have to be patient. Have fun with the Wrecking Crew. I need to get up there and see all those guys again. Good people!
 
Last edited by a moderator:


morning all,
nothing going on today but tomorrow is the Remembrance Sunday service at the War memorial.
 
Mornin' fellas!

The weekend will be a fun one football wise. Alabama and LSU, Texas Tech and Ok State. Alabama should win BUT , ESPN will be there with their College Game Day crew, and EXCEPT for the win against Georgia this year, everytime Coach Lee Corso has picked Alabama over another opponent, Alabama has lost! So I actually hope that he picks LSU to win, so that it will be a beat down by Alabama.

Hope to get some railroading in this weekend. I have to go to Selma and see my sister on Sunday and do a little work on her computer. She's been online for almost 8 years, but still doesn't want to learn how to download programs, updates, etc. She still wants me to do it so it will be done right she says. (Silly her!:D)

I'm now down to less than ten Westerfield kits to built with a like number of Funaro kits as well. Would love to get my hands on a Sunshine kit, but they are the most expensive resin kits out there, and I like the skrill of the bagpipes too much to spend more than $30 for a car kit.

My friend that models the CB&Q has brought me his CB&Q brass 4-8-4 to work on. I have recently balanced and installed some more weight into the loco, but he says it now runs too slow and hardly pulls itself much less some passenger cars down the track. He says it grinds and screams now. I suspect two things. One the motor isn't "big" enough, (this model is from the 1980's and that was during the time several importers were installing inferior or low torque motors into the locos.This was when the brass locos were looked upon as "investments" and not models that actually are used to pull trains.) Second the neoprene drive tube has deteriorated to the point where it slips on the motor shaft.

He has a Tsunami sound unit installed in it, and right now its his favorite engine! :DWonder if he is gonna get one of the new diesel sound units??:rolleyes:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
11-08-2008

Good Morning from Tipton IN ! :D

TIPTONDEPOT.png
:eek:
SteakEggs.png

THECOFFEESHOP.png
3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawl.png
Diner.png

menu_breakfast_1.png
waitress.png


lolol.png
 
Good morning.

It's 41 and clear. The high should be around the mid 70's and it will still be clear, a rarity in this state.

I wrapped up work on the second SDP40F yesterday. I gave up trying to find suitable gears to regear the Athearn dummy trucks and modified a Proto 2000 E6 chassis to fit under the SDP40F shell. This worked well enough providing one doesn't look too closely at the trucks. They're just a little bigger than those on the other SDP40F unit but it does get it operational. Now to come up with a patch job.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 11/8/2008


Wind Chill: 41°F
Humidity: 93%
Dew Point: 39°F

So Far Today
High: 45°F
Low: 41°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 0mph NNE

Today High: 75 Mostly sunny. Highs in the mid 70s. Northwest winds 5 to 10 mph.

Tonight Low: 45 Mostly clear. Lows in the mid 40s. North winds around 5 mph.

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n3/proudIndian/P1010165.jpg
 
Mornin' everyone!

The sun has started to peek through some rain clouds here in the Finger Lakes this morning. Currently 53°F with the projected high around 55°F.

I have to make a quick run over to the museum to pick up my wood splitter they have been using for the last couple weeks. Hauling my trailer there and back uses just under a half tank of gas!!!!! Oh well, at least I can claim the milage on my taxes. Then there is supposed to be a party sometime for my DIL's birthday..... I have been told there will be a get together but haven't got any details yet. My son will call me as soon as I leave the house.

See you all later!
 
Twas on our radio today, "Should the England have a black Prime Minister" If we had somebody suitable they Would be We have a Sweaty Sock for a PM, thats the same as having a coloured PM, Scotlands not England and he's a Sweaty sock.
 
Morning all! A beautiful day in T-town. I was sitting outside this morning having my coffee, but the wind was blowing tons of pine straw down to make the already raked piles deeper. Soon tiring of picking straw out of my coffee, I moved to the porch. Still mighty nice.
A few more hours and it will be time to put on my coaching hat. As CJ said, this Bama/LSU game will be a dandy.

Now I must get going over to my Mom's and wish her a happy 93 birthday. She said she didn't want any celebration this year and will be content with settling in to watch the game and waiting on Thanksgiving. Yeah, she loves watching football.

:) Have a good day! :)
CUL
 
Last edited by a moderator:
"Yeah, she loves watching football." I know what you mean Rex. My dad is lost now that baseball season is over. Whenever we go to visit there is almost always a game on. He is 90 so I guess he can darn well watch whatever he wants. Mom is not as crazy about it as he is but she watches because he likes it.
 


Good Late Morning to all,

It was a brisk 40* here this morning earlier and looks like now it's overcast.

Rex & Leghome, enjoy your parents while they're healthy as it's no fun visiting them in a Convalescent Hospital, and things do change unfortunately!

Take care and do enjoy the games.

Ps: Bill, who's the new cute waitress you have pictured?
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top