Coffee shop one-three

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Status
Not open for further replies.
Rex, Your dogs are getting big:eek: Our fat Lab/Chow mix 85lbs.:D

You know Rex it all could have been avoided! My Co-worker would be enjoying Christmas at home and not in a hospital, if he would only have let other's help and lighten the load for him. That's a heavy price to pay for a lesson learned I hope! My other co-workers and I learned a lot from his pain!

"It's better to accept the help when offerd than go it alone and end up in the dirt."
 
Chris, I'm glad you were able to the job with no injuries. The job should have been done with a foreman who actually understood roofing. Your co-worker is paying the price for poor management and a complete disregard for worker safety. I'm usually not in favor of people suing government agencies but, in this case, I hope he gets a big bundle of money from them. :mad:

Rex, I was surprised the radio got here so fast too. Nice job of boxing it up. I wish thing from e-bay came that well packaged. I owe you one.
 
Chris, I'm glad you were able to the job with no injuries. The job should have been done with a foreman who actually understood roofing. Your co-worker is paying the price for poor management and a complete disregard for worker safety. I'm usually not in favor of people suing government agencies but, in this case, I hope he gets a big bundle of money from them. :mad:

From what I understand from my sources is that the injured co-work was a Roofer for 12 years before working for the county! I don't know if he owned the roofing business or not. Well if they(HR dept.) and they will ask me what happened.....Man was offered help. He declined it and needlessly man handled the matterial resulting in his BAD trip! It all could have been avoided if he listened and accepted the help! we proved that today:):):)

He could have declined going onto the roof too. If you asked me both the County and my co-worker were to blame! And he's the one that admitted he was a ex roofer and offered to help to do the work. I'm sure workers comp and OSHA will look into this also! my fellow workers and I can do these jobs but there needs to be more of a team effort, Like we did today!:) There's no I in team! If he sued which I sure he won't, there's to many things going aganst him to win JMO
 


Chris, I know what you are saying, but the man has paid the price. If I were you, I believe that I wouldn't say anything that would damage his chances of injury or disability compensation (short of lawsuit crap) and tell it as a freak accident that just happened. With his arm having such a bad break, he may not be able to do his normal work again. ;):)
 
Chris, whether he was an ex-roofer is irrrelevant. The county had the obligation to provide a foreman with a current roofer's certificate or experience. It sounds like no one was in charge or he couldn't have refused the offer of help. Even worse, if he was in charge, he was not qualified to be in that position. I'm an ex-cop and they wouldn't give me a badge and gun here in Alabama and tell me I'm a cop again without further training. Like Rex said, I wouldn't do anything to prevent him from being fairly compenstated by the county for his injuries but I think an OSHA investigation is going to result in big fines for the county.
 
12-19-2008

Good Morning from Tipton IN ! :D

TIPTONDEPOT.png
:eek:
SteakEggs.png

THECOFFEESHOP.png
3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawl.png
Diner.png

menu_breakfast_1.png
waitress.png


:mad:
 
I don't think I will say anything either but, Still. The labor supervisor was incharge and the labor supervisor and the co-worker have re roofed 30 or forty dugout together with out problems until now. and he and I both offerd to help and he refused! The LS should have made Our Co-work put the sheet of tin down. Either way yes, if it is looked in to I don't think he has a snow balls chance in hell for extra comp. beyond the regular comp. be intresting to watch though! My guess is nothing will happen on either side, swept under the table.
 
Good morning.

It's 66 and very cloudy. The high will be around 75 and it will be partly cloudy.

I got a break in the weather yesterday and got out the filter material, blended turf and spray paint and made the hedgerows I've been planning for the past week. Today I'll start on putting them in place. The location must be prepared first. The lichen that's now there must be removed and the dried glue needs to be taken off the surface. Hope I have a couple of hours to rub together.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 12/19/2008

Wind Chill: 66°F
Humidity: 94%
Dew Point: 64°F

So Far Today
High: 68°F
Low: 66°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 18mph NNE

Today High: 75 Areas of fog in the morning. Cloudy in the morning... Then partly cloudy with a slight chance of showers in the afternoon. Highs in the mid 70s. Southwest winds 10 to 15 mph.

Tonight Low: 62 Partly cloudy. Lows in the lower 60s. South winds 5 to 10 mph.

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n3/proudIndian/P1010400.jpg
 
Good morning folks

The temperature was 33 F and dry when I left this morning. High will be 40 F. After all the hype it would appear that we will only get rain in my area instead of the snow, sleet, and freezing rain they were calling for yesterday.

No modeling last night. We wound up doing some Christmas shopping. I also was backing up files from the computer. The hard drive has been acting odd lately and I fear we may lose it. So if I disappear for a few days it is because I maybe computerless.

I would like to finish the Accurail stock car I started and also install the couplers and trucks on the P2K stock cars. Beyond that I have no idea what is in store for the weekend. I am sure it will involve Christmas shopping.

I hope everybody has a good day.
 
Mury Chrispmus!

It is once again the time of year for lots of partying and driving under the influence.
PLEASE be extra careful until after the Holidays and drive like all the other drivers are incompetent. (Probably are, even without intoxication).
I have gotten used to seeing everyone on the forum and we would miss your smiling faces and grumpy attitudes.
I'll be in and out of the forum for the next two weeks, so let me wish everyone a Merry Christmas and Happy New Yearwhile I can.

I'm looking forward to hearing all about the new and improved "pretties" the Holidays bring you.:)
Mikey
 


Chris, I'm glad you got the job done and didn't have any more incidents. Sounds like your co-worker took quite the beating from it! Sorry to hear of his trouble.
 
Time for lunch. Who's buying today? Christmas shopping just about depleted this retirees fortune.
I had a little mini session at my depot last night. There were 3 of us and we had a good time running trains. One fellow was an "O" scale modeler and brought a couple of his steamers for show. They were beautiful, but one of them cost more than about 4 of my sound units:eek:.

Did all you fellow Social Security recipients get your 5.8% COLA raise? I sure was surprised to see that, but it couldn't have come at a better time.

You fellows in Bama/Mississippi country need to be know that the BLUE ANGELS, the Navy's precision flying team, will give their show in Tuscaloosa this coming April. They expect a crowd equal to that of a Bama football game. I believe they only have 35 shows a year, so we will be very fortunate to have them here. I have never seen them, only the Air Force Thunderbirds. Fantastic sight to see.

Chris: I'm with you. The only time during my 20 years in industry that I saw OSHA around, is when someone got killed or a joint suit was filed against unsafe working conditions. I never heard of a supervisor having to be around anywhere while work was being performed and it is definitely not an OSHA regulation. If the man gave reason for the supervisor to believe he was qualified for the job and he was supplied with proper tools/equipment and safe working conditions, then he hasn't got a case for a suit. (Safety harnesses only apply to certain heights/conditions/work) However, many slimball lawyers can usually come up with reasons for the county to settle out of court with a comfortable sum, even if laws forbid suing local and state government agencies, as here in Alabama (the plaintiff has to sue an individual, e.g. foreman, super, manager). Another hitch to all of this: there are many exceptions to OSHA and local safety regulations when local and state governments are involved. Also, the employee population and purpose of a business determines what regs apply.
The man had an accident. You indicated that he was careless...but isn't that what causes most accidents.

:)"HEY, IT'S THE WEEKEND! SMILE":)
 
Did all you fellow Social Security recipients get your 5.8% COLA raise? I sure was surprised to see that, but it couldn't have come at a better time.
Yeah. I got mine. I'm on SSI. My monthly amount went from $627 to $675. That's a $48 increase that I can really use.
 
You fellows in Bama/Mississippi country need to be know that the BLUE ANGELS, the Navy's precision flying team, will give their show in Tuscaloosa this coming April. They expect a crowd equal to that of a Bama football game. I believe they only have 35 shows a year, so we will be very fortunate to have them here. I have never seen them, only the Air Force Thunderbirds. Fantastic sight to see.

Saw that on the news here the other day. I would love to see them again, but I've been banned by the Dr, from crowds larger than 50. So I guess my count will stay Thunderbirds 3 Blue Angels 2. I've also seen the Canadian Golden Eagles. That last group was my first, saw them in 1964 at Craig AFB in Selma. They were still flying F-86's! Boy what a show!:D:D:D They did things no American group has done yet!
I don't even know if they are still around. It was 6 planes and a solo. After the show, our friends' father at the base, took us out to the jets and let us "inspect" them. I even got to sit in one of the cockpits. Talk about exciting for a kid my age!:D:D
 
HAPPY WEEKEND EVERYBODY!

Well, got some good news on my co-worker the surgeries (That was Tuesday night) on his face and arm went off with out a hitch and he will be sent home tomarrow! The nurse and his DR caught him modifing is walker last night so he can use the Can:rolleyes: When he was told nursing home he said Hell no! He's rehabing himself fast so that ain't going to happen!LOL's He's healing up nice and all he remembers from his fall is just before and waking up in the helicopter! He said the fall felt like a dream! The DR's said with his will power the rehab can be less than 3 month's:eek:

As for me I'm feeling a tad bit better from my Upper Resp. problems:rolleyes: Just need a little more rest and should be fine!
 
Happy Friday everyone!

Chris - glad your co-worker is bouncing back, that dude has spunk (probably the same 'spunk' that led to his being injured in the first place LOL)

So, Phillip - whatever became of that 3/4" ice storm that was supposed to slam your region last nite?

Rex/CJ - I spent my teenage years in the outskirts of Annapolis, MD, so I got to see the Angels from my backyard every May during the Naval Academy graduation ceremony during that period. :cool:

It's raining buckets here in Maryland right about now. I had to go to my 6-months checkup at the doctor's at 11:30 this morning. B/P and other stats were excellent, but the nurse had to poke 3 different holes in my elbow before she succeeded in drawing any blood! :rolleyes: Had to fast for the previous 12 hours before, so needles to say I was famished when I left the Drs office. So I made a beeline for McDonalds and stuffed my face [BTW who's picking the tab today - is it Chris, Jim or Phillip? :D ]

Now I have to venture back out into the deluge and pickup an Ipod accessory that my 18yr-old daughter not-so-subtly hinted she would like to find in her stocking. I think she's doing this to 'test' me, to see if I actually do any of the grunt work of Christmas shopping for the kids --- or delegate it all to their mother!

Time2Go - have a good'un!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
So, Phillip - whatever became of that 3/4" ice storm that was supposed to slam your region last nite?

Oh man! I came out this morning and everything was all wet! The ice never really got started before the temps warmed up enough to melt even the snow and ice we already had. Up north didn't get off so easy though. Detroit got like a foot of snow or something.
 
My sister and I went out to eat tonight at the
​
Wagon Master, the local steak house. She had an 8 ounce
​
sirloin, baked sweet potato and side salad and I had my usual, a 8 ounce sirloin, 1/2 rack of ribs and side salad with a Dr Pepper. We had most of the meal in peace, until somebody's kid started screaming to beat the band. Time to leave. Put me anywhere in a restaurant, just not near a screaming kid! But that wasn't quite the end of it. We had just about gotten back home, still three miles out, when an owl flew out right in front of us. All I remember of it is an explosion of feathers! There's no apparent damage to the truck, which is a very good thing, seeing as it belongs to my niece's live-in boyfriend. The only reason we were using it is because my sister's Caddilac has become undependable of late and she's seriously considering getting a new car. If she has her way about it it'll be a Nissan Altimma. My BIL has his heart set on a Mustang but she says 'That ain't happening', especially not for no $29K! It's nice to be back home starring at the comforting warm glow of the monitor screen knowing that not three feet away the weather is trying to go crazy. It's foggy, it's clear, it's raining then it's foggy again. All in all it's been about a normal night.
 


Jeffrey, that Social Security Cola didn't make all that much of an impact on me either...maybe a tank of gas, but the surprise was getting one at all.

I wondered where the 250lbs was when you were talking about crawling under the car working on your fuel pump. Looking at the new photo, NOW I think I see it...LOL
 
Status
Not open for further replies.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top