Afternoon, everyone.
Andrew, I'd love to dive in Cuba. Everyone I've talked to said it's about the best diving in the Caribbean. Maybe someday when Fidel kicks the bucket and we can all be buddies again. Have fun on your vacation. Sounds like it will be a lot more fun than mine.

Happy belated anniversary too.
BOC, my late wife and I planned to spend most of our retirement sailing. We had the house sold and were about to buy the boat when she was diagnosed with leukemia.

That was in 2003 and she died in 2004. I'm a lousy single handed sailor so that put an end to those plans. How I ended up in Alabama, married again with two daughters, is another whole story. I've led an interesting life if nothing else.
Phillip, nice self portrait.
Corey, yours is an apt description of our trip. It wasn't all bad, just not worth anything near what I paid for it. I really wanted to see the Mayan archaeological site too so I'm sure that disappointment contributed to my overall bad attitude. But, I'd still rather got back to the Bahamas than have a bad toothache!

I hope they at least get you out of physical pain even if the financial pain is hard to bear. The only good thing about costly dentisty is that it can bring up your medical costs enough so you get to deduct some if it on your income tax.
Jeffrey, that's great news that you dad at least gets to be kicked loose from the hospital. As you say, diverticulitis is no fun but a lot better than some of the alternatives.
Sandy, they had the same kind of car lot down in San Diego, where sailors and marines were shipping out during the Vietnam War. I had several friends that were able to pick up some good deals and help out a service member who needed money more than a car. Looks like you guys may be in for some more thunderstorms this weekend.
We are now babysitting a dog, in addition to our four cats. It belongs to Dianna's best friend at church so we
had to babysit it while they are on vacation for two weeks. I don't know what kind of dog it is but it's about a month old and appears to be a giant rat with a dog face. Except for Simba, our 17 pound Maine Coon cat, Lulu the dog chases off the other three, even when they are eating. What a bunch of pansies.

Simba just pops her one when she gets too playful. We've about reached our livestock limit here at the ranchette. Still warm and humid here although no rain yet since we are getting cut off from the southerly flow by convection along the Gulf. That should change later today and tomorrow as we get a cold front that may kick off a few severe storms. After that, it will get hotter but at least a little less humid.