Coffee Shop Number 16

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got a plan for the next time he is running behind me. 1st, I'll act like I actually like whatever engine he is running, to sneak a peek at his DCC address. Then I'll dial up his engine and place it in my throttle under "recall". Next time he gets too close, I'll recall his address and e-stop him! :D When he asks whay his engine quit, I just shrug my sholders and tell him the system must have suffered an I-D-10-T error! :rolleyes: After I get some distance away,I'll release him!
If I was a little more vindictive, I'd suggest hijacking his address, and reverse his train at top speed until it shot off a siding onto the floor.:rolleyes: I have dealt with those kind before, and wound up losing some nice stuff because of them. An alternative might be finding the nearest siding, and parking your train there until he passes.
I'll be out looking for a job tomorrow as well, there has to be at least one out there.
 
If I was a little more vindictive, I'd suggest hijacking his address, and reverse his train at top speed until it shot off a siding onto the floor.:rolleyes: I have dealt with those kind before, and wound up losing some nice stuff because of them. An alternative might be finding the nearest siding, and parking your train there until he passes.
I'll be out looking for a job tomorrow as well, there has to be at least one out there.

I like three pound mallets! You smash a train or two problem solved.

As for you looking for work Terry! Good luck:o Unless your willing to work a couple of jobs for less than minimum wage you might have a problem! Now if you had a couple of young childern you could have gone on the system:D:rolleyes:

The job market is tough from what I heard from friends I know that are looking. What jobs that do come open employers are cherry picking:) One of my biggest reasons I started to lose weight and work out:eek: One of my friends feel it's his weight and or his age that is holding him back!:( I can't do nothing about my age but the weight I can:D Working out is going to help either getting a job or winning the fight for that empty park bench and being skinny enough to fit:D Terry look into waste water plant's! over here they are always hiring! I can't imagine why:confused::)
 
Afternoon, everyone.

If I say no, she'll get mad at me because I don't like her choice of junk. You just can't win sometimes. ;)

Jim, Jim, Jim, I much younger than you and I have realized it a long long long time ago...................................Your not suppost to win when it comes to women!:( Some times women let you think you won to keep you in the game, but you never really won! In fact you lost and weren't smart enough to stop running;):rolleyes::p
 


Good Morning---

We're at 12C and just had a mumbling T'storm. Left us lotsa rain. Right now we's just plain foggy and supersoggy. :rolleyes::rolleyes::DWe're going to a high of 22C and be a cloud/sun mix with a chance of some more mumblers and grumblers going through. Tomorrow will be showery with the ever popular T'storms....:cool::cool:

Karl I'd like to see some kind of thing being done at the club exec level----does this guy even have a clue just how he has become disruptive? :eek: Maybe someone can jam him into a nondestructive position---like serving the coffee at a booth say-----5 miles away------

Got another early morning---go to work and see some clients this time:D:D:D

Have a good one people---:D:D:D
 
Good morning.

It's 71 and partly cloudy. The high will be in the high 80's and it will be partly cloudy.

The detail work on the two Atlas UP units has done. Some of the mounting holes had to be drilled out so the tabs on the parts would fit. The endrails, visors and ladders of the SD24 had to be secured with super glue. I don't think they're going anyplace anytime soon. The endrails and visors for the U30C were also secured with super glue. I fashioned the visors from card stock. The locos now await the installation of their decoders. On the car repair front I'll be calling the repair shop today to see how much it'll cost to replace the high pressure power steering line with a good used one. The object here is to get the job done while keeping the cost down. I may have to wait until the end of the month to get it done. Until then I'll probably be using my father's pickup to keep my med appointments and run the odd errand. He oughta love that.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 5/8/2009

Heat Index: 77°F
Humidity: 94%
Dew Point: 70°F

So Far Today
High: 73°F
Low: 71°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 8mph S

Today High: 88 Partly cloudy. Highs in the upper 80s. South winds 10 to 20 mph.

Tonight Low: 72 Partly cloudy. Lows in the lower 70s. South winds 10 to 15 mph.

http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm18/forum-2/DSCN1049.jpg
 
Need some joe here, Flo. I was up what seemed to be all night with back pain. Just couldn't find the right position to get comfortable. Even laying on the floor didn't help this time. And usually that does the trick. That and a pain pill.

Hope to work on the nursing home's layout today. The crew comes back tomorrow. I received some switches I ordered yesterday. I ran out of #6's for the yard. Also got a couple of double slips.

I must make a run to Kokomo today for some things for one of my modules, well actually two modules. The grain elevator needs more "stuff" to make it look more "real". I also need some more Kadee #5's. Need more paint too. I sure miss having a hobby shop or a Hobby Lobby close by. Both have closed.

Be back later, the coffee ain't half bad today.

Bob
 
Karl, I do get asked the usual "answerables", mostly while I'm hanging up junk. That's a double whammy, since I have to lie about two things at once. :D Sounds like a good plan with Speed Racer. I'm sure you'll have him cursing all the lousy wiring jobs on the layout before you're done.

Therin lies the beauty of the scheme Jim....sooner or later, he's gonna curse his engines, not the layout... especially when he figures out its only happening to him!!! :rolleyes:
 
Karl I'd like to see some kind of thing being done at the club exec level----does this guy even have a clue just how he has become disruptive? :eek: Maybe someone can jam him into a nondestructive position---like serving the coffee at a booth say-----5 miles away------
I like that idea......however the club's cheif potentate has more patience than I......but....our latest discussions indicate he too has about had enough. We'll see how the next show goes.:rolleyes:
 
ATTENTION EVERYONE!!!!!!!!

This man is a GENIUS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jim, Jim, Jim, I much younger than you and I have realized it a long long long time ago...................................Your not suppost to win when it comes to women!:( Some times women let you think you won to keep you in the game, but you never really won! In fact you lost and weren't smart enough to stop running;):rolleyes::p

Now, if I can only remember this tidbit of wisdom when I think I've "won", I'll be much better off!
 
Last edited by a moderator:


ATTENTION EVERYONE!!!!!!!!

This man is a GENIUS!!!!!!!!!!!!



Now, if I can only remember this tidbit of wisdom when I think I've "won", I'll be much better off!

Wait a sec,,remember, your talking about Chris here! :D

Besides, Confucious had this figured out eons ago, for he said,
"Man who fight with wife by day, get no peace (piece?) at night!
 
Morning, everyone.

Wow, quite a night here too. More storms started up here about 5:00 am and it has been raining a flood since. Looks like it's about to let up now but more may be on tap for later if we get enough sun to destabilize the atmosphere again. We've gotten 1.50 inches here but the towns just to east of us got much more and there's been widespread flooding. That's one of the reasons I bought a house on a hill. :)...


The NWS has just issued more flash flood warnings for the area. A narrow band of moisture keeps feeding storms right over us. There are more cells developing to the west, which I guess is what prompted the flash flood warning. I just heard that the towns to east of us got between seven and nine inches of rain in the same period we got an inch and a half so I guess we were lucky. It's quiet right now but I guess I should find out where I stashed those hip waders. :rolleyes:

Jim;

You ain't gotta tell me about the rain. Its interfering with me finishing up a loco I'm painting for a customer.:(

You got the storms I guess that came thru B'ham. The ground here is so saturated, that when the storms came thru during the night at 2AM, about 10 trees were down in our neighborhood alone! One fell through a house, and we found out our preachers house was damaged by trees as well! The winds were only about 35-40mph and still did a lot of damage here in Hoover.

All in all just been marking time here. Been doing a bit of repair work for the LHS, as well as decoder installs. Ain't been much happening otherwise.
 
Went to the scrap yard today and got a completely intact high pressure power steering line for my car. Only cost $15. Here's the downer. It's gonna cost about $170 to have it installed.
 
Hi guys n' gals,

Thanks to this relentless string of rainy days in MD, I had to burn some vacation hours so I could mow my front lawn during one of those rare dry periods.:mad: If the grass had been normal length, I could've finished the whole property in 3 hours. But when it's 12 inches tall, even my zero-turn-radius mower doesn't save me any time - I have to crawl slowly over those dense patches or my motor will stall out. [Of course those $12K commercial-quality mowers with their higher HP motors can probably handle tall wet grass at normal speed.]

I might be buying the family a new 'putor tomorrow, we'll see how the plans go. Then I can bring the current one down to the trainroom and install DecoderPro on it! :cool: Meantime I'll just continue painting lines on the streets in my business district.

Sayonara!
 
Went to the scrap yard today and got a completely intact high pressure power steering line for my car. Only cost $15. Here's the downer. It's gonna cost about $170 to have it installed.
Jeffrey, what kind of car do you have (besides "a blue one")?
You might be able to DIY, or run an ad on Craigslist for someone to install it for $50. The way the economy is right now, there would probably be somebody willing to take it on.
 
Got the new tail light in the mail today, now to install and I'm done... Still broke ($$) though.
 
Ken May I suggest a Bush Hog maybe?---that may be the only thing'd be going through that lot!!:eek::eek::D:D:D

HMMM--got back from an interesting afternoon of T'storm and rain dumping zones---we're in a raindump zone:eek:---North of us are big ugly black clouds with lots of lightning---hail and rain.:eek::eek: And to the South?---nuthin' but sunshine and the sight of big tunderheads----:eek::D:D

We got a question for you people out there----I've been driving an Audi-Quattro from the 1993-5 era. I'm thinking of getting something that Audrey and I can do our yard sale, backroad and sightseeing trips with that has SPACE!!:eek::eek:---we need that at some point----ever try hauling home an 19th century/20th century Hoosier cabinet with a Audi? Not a lot of space and it don't like pulling small trailers around----let alone camper trailers---:eek::mad:----Any ideas on what you found useful?:D:D
 
Jeffrey, what kind of car do you have (besides "a blue one")?
You might be able to DIY, or run an ad on Craigslist for someone to install it for $50. The way the economy is right now, there would probably be somebody willing to take it on.
It's a 94 Buick Century with a modified big block 60° V6. The engine has to be jacked up to allow access to the rack. That means pulling the motor mounts. I don't have the tools nor the stamina for that. A cast iron block with steel alloy heads isn't light.
 


Fighting with the little woman leads to the lack of Night time fun:( and a sore back from sleeping where one is not to sleep!:eek: As a rule these simple frases can lead to many years with out a fight, "Yes dear!" or "I'll get right on it!" or "Yes, dear once again your right as usual!" or "Yes dear, it IS my fault and I will fix it NOW!"
I got a million of them, One day I will learn to use them with deadly aim! But for now...... I got to do something about that lumpy couch!:o:D
 
Status
Not open for further replies.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top