Coffee Shop Number 16

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Status
Not open for further replies.
And all this time I thought the disaster in the depot was caused by Auburn fans. Chris, I know you were the instigator and I don't mind you having a party while I am away, just pl-e-e-e-s-e clean up the mess next time. Hazmat wouldn't touch it and walked away; Fema told me to fill out a form; the CDC put a balloon tent over the garage and fumigated it, not allowing me in for two more days. What really worries me, is the Army's CBW team showed up for samples. Something about developing a new weapon :eek:.
Jeeze!!! You guys are Animals! (but sure know how to party;)) :D:D

When are you going to be out of town again!:D That was fun.........
 


Oh no, you have me confused with that senator. He was the one you picked up at the airport bathroom in Minneapolis! That hot sun down there must be making you goofy!:D
 
Josh, I can't get to that web site without a password.
That's the one bit of trickery to Model Railroad Tips, you are required to register to download files. I scanned a PDF of the 1912 schedule to draw a few people in... ;)

In any case... My daily life:
Someone hit my truck on Sunday and broke the taillight (though were generous enough to save the broken part for me...), so I've pretty much exhausted my funds paying for replacement parts, and the rent check... :mad:

What a weekend... Just got paid and I'm broke already... :(
Josh
 
Evening, everyone.

Had some good laughs reading through our week of trash...err..running Rex's layout. Sorry about that barbecue sauce on the throttles, Rex, but Chris wouldn't let us have napkins and Corey used up all the paper towels on something. Those ribs sure were good. We told the manager at Winn-Dixie that you were good for the bill and he let us take a few cart fulls over to the house. :eek: Chris did have a little trouble with the grill but I'm pretty sure we got most of the smoke damage cleaned up although Karl was a little too tipsy to be of much help. He made a mess of his own but we won't talk about that here. :) That new section on the back of the layout makes a comfy place to roll out your sleeping bag although BOC's snoring is enough to wake the dead. :D Don't let Larry kid you about not being there. He told Glendia he had some job prospects "down south" and showed up with a bunch of resumes. We all helped him spruce up his qualifications and he's now out looking for jobs as a circus clown or stall mucker. :cool: The good thing is we all did a good job watering that tree out back so it should be looking good now. Too bad about the hazmat issues but I'm pretty sure your homeowner's policy will pay for the demolishment and rebuilding...probably. :p

Seriously, I'm glad you had a good time, Rex. We had some really violent storms down here Sunday. I hoped they missed you. I'm sure the A/C got a workout also. Plumbing has always mystified me so I can't offer much help with the hot tub issue. It was working great when we had some of the Alabama cheerleaders over for a layout tour. :rolleyes:

Josh, too bad about that taillight. Just practice this when the CHP stops you :"Why, no, officer, I had no idea there was anything wrong with my taillight." :confused:

I have been doing nothing and everything. Fixed four leaking faucets without having any major flooding episodes, which is a big success story for me. I spent some time cleaning the dead bugs and dust bunnies from the layout and actually ran some trains for five minutes before Dianna reminded me of some important things I had to do, like hang up some other piece of junk she bought for the wall. Why do women think walls have to be completely covered in stuff? We had some good storms Sunday and then early Monday morning with almost an inch of rain total. I'm hoping we will have a reasonable summer this year. It's 71 and cloudy now after all the storms to the west and south have gone away before they got here. Tomorrow could be interesting as we have a pretty strong front coming through with the atmosphere primed for storms. As long as we can get some rain without anyone's house being blown away or flooded, it will be a good thing.
 
James, Jealousy......thats all I'm feelin right now!:D Love that Nevada Northern car, gotta get me one of those!

[

It's a nice car! It's made by Micro Trains if you didn't (already) know. :)

My favourite from the weekend is this one though:

southern.jpg


Supposed to be hard to find, not sure though, it looks cool. :D
 


Evening, everyone.

It was working great when we had some of the Alabama cheerleaders over for a layout tour. :rolleyes:

Jim, don't tell him that!:mad: He'll want to be at the next party:rolleyes: we can't have that:D

Next time i'll grill someting less messy! Might make some burgers and hot dogs! The BBQ sauce made the controllers a mess. who would of thought trains would go through Nacho Cheeze!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
hi, loons, looks like yhou had a party without me!!

i'll be there next time. I LIKE Nacho cheeze. :D

I still haven't done much of anything except daydream about my lay-out, and fantasize. I can picture freight trains, passenger trains, country side, tressles, trusses, trees....


why can't I find the TIME? and the $$$?????

oh. maybe because I just ordered a whack-load of custom made blankets and stuff for the horses.

at least they'll last 20 years, and I won't have to get them again.

sorry about the truck light.

and I'm off. gotta pick up a truckload of wood shavings for bedding. before it rains again.
 
Hello everyone!!

Weather here is getting interesting. Mix of sun/cloud with a chance of rain. My backyard is now having a pond----I hope I don't see a lake in it if this keeps up!:eek::eek: I don't have a floating dock out here!!:eek::confused:

Josh--we're thinking of getting another car for the shopping malls!! :(:rolleyes:That would be the car that will get all beaten up by all these people who back into the car leaving bits and pieces of the beater:eek::D-----That way my work car doesn't get clobbered!!:D:D:D

Day off---got some time to get some RR'ing done---heeheehee:D:D---of course---one has those dang Honey do list things--like pick up groceries---oh well;)

Rex I know a company that actually does disaster recovery----do you think that they'll help?:D:D
 
Good morning folks.

I modeled like a madman yesterday. I painted my bridge and played God with the vegetation. I'm finding uses for each and every Woodland Scenics product I own. It is certainly helping with the variation. Even the lichen is making an appearance on the layout. Granted, it's covered with ground foam, but the texture actually looks good for bushes. I need to suck it up and mount the trestle pretty soon. Maybe next Tuesday I'll do that. I'm going to need a lot of patience to get that just right without having to redo it.

Jim, I had to laugh at hanging a 'piece of junk' on the walls!

Josh, sorry to hear about the tail light. Jerks!

I have a short day today, so maybe a little modeling tonight.

Have a good day everyone!
 
Weather here is getting interesting. Mix of sun/cloud with a chance of rain. My backyard is now having a pond----I hope I don't see a lake in it if this keeps up!:eek::eek: I don't have a floating dock out here!!:eek::confused:

Interesting? Damn near depressing actually. :mad: Right now it's sunny, but the weatherguessers are calling for more rain today, and rain up until Sunday.:(:(:(
The lower part of the yard looks like a rice pattie, and the maple trees are so wet the new leaves are actually wilting! By the time Sunday comes I'm gonna have to make a decision. Should I use the mower, or the hay baler???:confused:

On the modeling front, the rehab of the Orphan Creek module is coming along well. The crack in the scenery has been repaired. (a result of rough handling), the road has been relaid and the final land shaping is almost done. Rock faces and retaining walls are done. I just have to finish a few structures before I can topcoat the scenery. Maybe I'll get one done today:confused: I'll get some pictures posted when done. If I can, I'll also try to find some before shots. I think there are some on the club webpage.

KenL I think you'le approve. Its starting to remind me of Oella.

Josh Sorry to hear about the taillight. It's a shame there are folks on the road that are a) too spineless to own up to a mistake and/or b) incapacitated by idiocy.

Rex About the cleanup thing........I know this little French girl named Fifi that does .....cleaning! She always shows up on time, dressed in a uniform (if you can call it that). It's amazing how clean she can get the place wearing high heels and carrying a featherduster..........want her number??

Gotta run, Midnight wants his breakfast!!
 
Good morning

This is just a drive-by post...

Rex - you sure do know how to host a party, when are you planning your next camping trip? (BTW those chip crumbs are actually being used as talus...)

Us Marylanders were given a brief respite from the clouds and rain as I drove in to work this morning, I actually had to put on my sunglasses for part of the trip!:cool: But if the weather dart-throwers are correct, there'll be more rain coming thru here tonite. I noticed that gas prices are going up again, at the rate of ~ a nickel a day. I'm wondering, is this because the oil producers think a recovery has started, or because OPEC has drastically cut production?

Finally got the streets laid for my business district last night, they still need a lot of touch-up paint though. I'm starting to get burned out on this project, whatever I haven't finished by next weekend is going to have to wait.

toodles

P.S. Karl - you snuck-in before I finished typing! Think that guy from the Catonsville club will make a wise decision about a DCC system?;)
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Good morning folks

It is 54 F and not raining. High will be 70 F and we have more rain coming tonight.

I am stuck at home right now. I had to take the van to the shop this morning to have the brakes looked at. They suddenly started to make a grinding noise last night on the way home from my daughter’s flute lesson. I can’t use my wife’s car since she is in Claymont, DE doing outreaches for the museum. I guess I’ll get a few odds and ends done around the house and maybe some modeling.

We have scouts tonight and a possible baseball game. The will depend on the field conditions and when the next round of rain gets here.

I hope everybody has a good day.
 
Good morning.

It's 73 and sunny. The high will be in the upper 80's and there's a chance of thunderstorms.

Yesterday was relatively uneventful. I tore down, inspected and reassembled both the SD24 and the U30C and applied the end handrails to each unit. The SD24 was a snap except that the endrails didn't want to stay attached. A little super glue took care of that. The U30C was a horse of a different color. The endrails supplied with were for U33C, identical to those needed but having larger tabs. This required that the holes be drilled out. I don't have a pin vise so I had to use the Dremel on low speed to do the job. After that was done and a little super glue gel added the endrails were mounted into place. I really don't like the hand rails that are being made now. What ever happened to the nearly unbreakable ones Atlas used to have. These things they have now bend and stretch all over and sit every way but the way they're supposed to and forget about straightening one after it gets bent. It just goes right back to the bent position.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 5/6/2009


Heat Index: 78°F
Humidity: 89%
Dew Point: 70°F

So Far Today
High: 74°F
Low: 73°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 16mph S

Today High: 88 Partly cloudy with a 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Highs in the upper 80s. South winds 10 to 15 mph.

Tonight Low: 68 Partly cloudy with a 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Lows in the upper 60s. South winds 5 to 10 mph.

http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm18/forum-2/P5060326.jpg
 


Status
Not open for further replies.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top