Coffee Shop Number 16

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Status
Not open for further replies.
Morning Gang!
Day 3 of rain here. :mad: Suddenly cleaning firearms seems like the thing to do.:( If I see one more weather report saying how much rain we are getting and how "good" it is, I'm gonna do an "Elvis" on the WeatherChannel! My back yard looks like a freakin rice pattie!

Rex, glad to see ya back! Notice: I was NOT part of the hoodlum gang that left gremlins at your place. :) For once, I behaved!:rolleyes:

Tom, I think it will be safe to plan on your daughters game being rained out today. I'd bet if you somehow prove to the state how to make money on the historical sites, they would find a way to spend bookoo bucks on them!

James, Jealousy......thats all I'm feelin right now!:D Love that Nevada Northern car, gotta get me one of those!

BOC & Bob I used to play, but it's been 30 years since the all afternoon jam sessions in the back of the band room! Still have my Epiphone FT550 accoustic and an Ibenez fake Strat. Once in a blue moon I get them out, retune them, and goof around til the fingers get sore. My college bound son is light years ahead of my best days. Makes me the wierd Dad on the block. I actually enjoy him and his friends when they take over the garage on a Saturday afternoon!

BOC Shaving legs in Rex's hot tub??? Ewwwwwwwwwww!!:eek:

Gonna work on the modules now,,,,anything to keep me away from the windows!!!!
 
Good morning.

It's 70 and cloudy. The high should be around the mid 80's and it will be partly cloudy.

Had a train running on the outer main line yesterday for a while to track test some new freight cars and make a short video. Maybe today if I get time I'll dust off the inner main line and have the both running for a bit. Cut my sister's yard yesterday the worked on her mower for a bit. It definitely needs a new battery. The one in it won't hold enough power to give a flea a warm glow. She just had the gas tank and the tie rod ends replaced as all the afore mentioned items were broken. It still doesn't have a chute deflector though.

Today High: 88 Mostly cloudy in the morning...then partly cloudy with a 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon. Highs in the upper 80s. South winds 5 to 10 mph.

Tonight Low: 72 Partly cloudy. Lows in the lower 70s. South winds 5 to 10 mph.

http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm18/forum-2/DSCN1136.jpg
 
Good morning folks.

I am scattering ground foam with a vengeance today. I'm afraid that I'm not getting enough variation in my color, but the other colors available are all wrong. I think I'll just have to keep going and hope it turns out okay. I can't help thinking that I may regret not mixing it up a little more. Oh well, it looks one hundred times better than my first layout! I would post a picture for help, but my wife is out of town with the camera. Maybe tomorrow I can post a picture for some gentle critiquing.

A question for you experienced modelers. Have you ever successfully used lichen covered with foam to add variation to your vegetation? I have some lichen from the last layout that I hadn't planned to use, but it would give me some height and texture. Somehow I think that just clumps of foam won't cut it. I also need to find a good source for grass other than the horse hair form WS. Any suggestions? Any and all suggestions are welcome.

I'm waiting for my glue and paint to dry, so I'm off to mow my Grandmother's yard.

Have a great day!
 


Who's going to go some were this summer for vacation?:confused:


Where ya going?



We're not going on vacation this year kinda, my time is going to be used up with my wife up comming operation and recovery next month:rolleyes:
Vacation? What's that?:rolleyes:
 
"It still doesn't have a chute deflector though." Chute deflector, Chute deflector, we don't need no stinking chute deflector. LOL LOL LOL
 
Morning Gang!


Rex, glad to see ya back! Notice: I was NOT part of the hoodlum gang that left gremlins at your place. :) For once, I behaved!:rolleyes:

Ohhhhhh You were THERE! I just ran out of time this morning to rat everyone out! You and Jeff are responsible for the Naco Cheese on Rexs engine house!:D

And you DON"T want to know what Corey was doing under Rex's Layout! Ewwwwww!


Oh, and Larry is responsible for the mess in the microwave oven! I told him not to put eggs in the microwave but he just wouldn't listen!

Terry is responsible for everything else!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Vacation? What's that?:rolleyes:

A VACATION is when one say's to one's self, "To hell with work and leave to go some where you can't afford and spend money you ain't got for no good reason. Then after you get that stick out of your butt, You return to the place you left and pray that they didn't hire some one to replace you!" Thats a VACATION!
 
"Oh, and Larry is responsible for the mess in the microwave oven! I told him not to put eggs in the microwave but he just wouldn't listen!"
It must have been the other Larry cause I was no where near that layout. If fact being unemployed I have not been no where but out job hunting and folks there ain't no jobs to be found around here YET. I will find one but I am not looking to hard right now. The kids have given me a list of things they need/want me to build. Their list is longer than the honeydo list Glendia gave me. LOL LOL LOL
 
"Oh, and Larry is responsible for the mess in the microwave oven! I told him not to put eggs in the microwave but he just wouldn't listen!"
It must have been the other Larry cause I was no where near that layout. If fact being unemployed I have not been no where but out job hunting and folks there ain't no jobs to be found around here YET. I will find one but I am not looking to hard right now. The kids have given me a list of things they need/want me to build. Their list is longer than the honeydo list Glendia gave me. LOL LOL LOL

I Heard Rex needs a Hazmat clean up crew at his house!:D But he's a cheap and might not be any bennies!:D:rolleyes:
 


Got back from much running around for work and visiting friends who bought a 750 acre farm just outside of Thamesford ON.:eek::D

I've got a bunch of catching up to do from work but I got a day off tomorrow for it!!!:D:D:D
 
And all this time I thought the disaster in the depot was caused by Auburn fans. Chris, I know you were the instigator and I don't mind you having a party while I am away, just pl-e-e-e-s-e clean up the mess next time. Hazmat wouldn't touch it and walked away; Fema told me to fill out a form; the CDC put a balloon tent over the garage and fumigated it, not allowing me in for two more days. What really worries me, is the Army's CBW team showed up for samples. Something about developing a new weapon :eek:.
Jeeze!!! You guys are Animals! (but sure know how to party;)) :D:D
 
Ohhhhhh You were THERE! I just ran out of time this morning to rat everyone out! You and Jeff are responsible for the Naco Cheese on Rexs engine house!:D

It was Jeff! It was Jeff!! I swear it was Jeff!!!:eek:

And you DON"T want to know what Corey was doing under Rex's Layout! Ewwwwww!

C'mon admit it Chris, it was kinda funny when the firecrackers made him hit his head under the mainline! :rolleyes:

Terry is responsible for everything else!

Yup! Everything else!!:D
 


It was Jeff! It was Jeff!! I swear it was Jeff!!!:eek:



C'mon admit it Chris, it was kinda funny when the firecrackers made him hit his head under the mainline! :rolleyes:



Yup! Everything else!!:D

i know it was jeff all along!;) as for Corey, he couldn't of moved any faster if he tried!:p
 
Status
Not open for further replies.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top