Good evening
It's been a mostly
wet weekend around here. If I would've known there was going to be a 5-hour stretch of dry weather between downpours on Saturday, I would have mowed my lawn. I didn't have a clue that it was going to be raining thru Tuesday, and besides, I was too busy waiting for my boy to get home with the car so I could get to the LHS and pickup my Cornerstone Street system. As usual, what I first thought would be a 1- or 2-hour ended up taking me all of Saturday evening and most of Sunday...and I'm
still nowhere near finished! Who'd have ever thought something so simple as a city street could be so complex!?
Jim - I'd love to be able to do some brick streets, but I'm not doing Baltimore, and I don't think a street leading into a steel mill - with lots of heavy truck traffic - would still be paved with brick. Some of Baltimore's "gentrified" blocks have been re-paved with brick, but I'm definitely not modeling
that kind of neighborhood...!
Jeff - I remember something like that happening with me when I was in the Navy, stationed in Norfolk VA. I hit a bump on this one really crappy road and it broke off the bottom mounting bracket of my left rear shock absorber. I wanted to sue the public works dept., but my friends said I'd be wasting my time, apparently they were "immune" from being sued

; everybody just traveled the local roads at their own risk. Sounds like your local gov't has a more responsible attitude.
Corey - glad you found some "quality" time to spend working on your layout!
Phillip - sounds like you had a totally refreshing bike trip.
Karl I see you've got the same problem with your grass that I do with mine: it grows like a TUMOR! My neighbor really pampers his lawn, treats it with all sorts of chemicals - and it stays looking great all week long. Doesn't grow nearly as fast as mine does --- I'm totally envious! I'm just glad I don't live in one of those "covenant" neighborhoods, like in Columbia, where they slap a fine on you if your grass gets over 6" tall.
. . .
Gotta get up early again tomorrow, g'nite!