pcarrell
Just a guy
Phillip, I think your bike takes the prize for the most fringe.Must look great on the road though.
I planned on adding some to the bags too.
Phillip, I think your bike takes the prize for the most fringe.Must look great on the road though.
How well I know about all that. I'm on insulin AND pills. My diabetes got so bad it messed up my bones in my feet. I'm still having problems with that. Don't ever think you can get away with having a little sugary treat on the side.A tall strong one, Flo .
Larry, I'm diabetic myself. Thankfully pills, exercise and diet keep it under control. Daily things like stress, pain and such make the blod sugar go WHACKO. It can fluctuate either way, higher or lower. Having chronic back pain here has my blood sugar elevated on the bad days. Also, I am a BIG eater. I have to eat smaller meals more often to help regulate the diabetes. Not normal for me. The winter also sees my A1c climb. It will test lower in the summer months as will my daily tests.
I'll second that! Every time I go back to work at the wood shop I land in the hospital. That's happened three times in the last couple of years, two of those with bad infections. If they think I'm going back there again they better think again. My health and safety come first!there's an old but true saying that some money costs too much. Any job that's having the bad effects on your health like your former job is a good one to leave.
Dan will your polyurethane concrete repair material work on an outside porch that is delaminating. This concrete was poured in 1984 or 85 and the surface started to pop about 5 years ago. I bought some type of stuff online for $100 that was supposed to stop it but it did not. I do not have the money to reconcrete this 8 X 24 foot porch and have been looking for some kind of an answer that I can do myself.
A tall strong one, Flo .
Larry, I'm diabetic myself. Thankfully pills, exercise and diet keep it under control.
... My Hotwire Foam Factory foam cutter bit the dust this afternoon. ... Looks like I'll be finishing up with a hacksaw blade and a Surform rasp, ...
Larry: The problem you're having with your concrete is called spalling. That's when the concrete seems to break apart in thin layers. The most common cause is being rewetted in the mold when it's nearly cured or too much sand in the mix. Usually the only remedy is to pull it up and do it over. You might get lucky though.
Karl - your welcome to borrow my Hotwire foam knife if you don't mind driving to Woodstock, I can leave it outside by the trainroom door (of course you know where that is!) I also have the Woodland Scenics "slingshot" foam slicer if you think that would be of any use. Let me know...
.
OK, as long as the NWS isn't predicting rain, I can set 'em out there in case you do manage to find your way here. BTW I got my grass mowed so now you can see my house from the road!Ken
Thanks for the offer. ... Maybe Saturday if I can find a few yard sales in the area.....This would be different though....trying to find your house in daylight!!!![]()
Actually, in Indiana, the spalling is caused by freeze-thaw. Sometimes too much lime as the concrete ages and the moisture removed or weeps up through the 'crete.
"Capping" the patio is not an easy task. One must clean and etch the existing layer before applying the "cap".
Bob
