Afternoon, everyone.
Quiet in here today. I think summer has come.
Karl, I was going let Bob park that Indian in my garage at no charge. I'd take good care of it...really.
BOC, looks like all the precipitation and cool weather has shifted up you way now. It's clear and 91 degrees here right now.
Jeffrey, I hope whatever decision you make about your foot gives you some relief. The short term inconvenience would be worth it if you have some reasonable expectation of an improved quality of life in the long term.
Rex, I agree that BOC hit the nail on the head. Think of the model railroad business 60 years ago. Except for a few items from Europe and Japanese brass, everything was designed, manufactured, and sold by Americans to other Americans. At least in today's terms, there was no global economy. There was a concept that corporations wanted to have a long term outlook and increase their market share here. I'm convinced the rise of the MBA's was the beginning of the mess we're in today. Irv Athearn didn't succeed because he went to Harvard, he succeeded because he loved model train, understood what other model railroaders wanted, and produced good quality products at affordable prices. In contrast, Athearn has now become a mere subsidiary of another shell corporation. Other than design and marketing, no work is done in America. Everything comes from China. We can now buy things off the shelf that were undreamed of in quality and detail 60 years ago, but at what cost? The snot nosed kids that are running American businesses now have no long term outlook and have no connection to this country except for maximizing profit. The fact that Tiny Tim Geithner, a 47 year old who has never held a job in the private sector in his life, is now deciding the fate of industrial giants like GM and Chrysler, is terrifying to me. I'm really amazed that the American people are simply standing by, watching our economic system be transformed into a failed model, and doing and saying nothing.

I write to my Conressman and Senators all the time about what's happening with the same results as ranting at my cat.
Off my soapbox now. At least it's a beautiful day, I'm healthy, and have a good family. I guess all the rest of this will work itself out one way or another.