jeffrey-wimberly
Dr Frankendiesel
Good morning.
It's 54 and very wet here with more thunderstorms rolling in. High will be around the mid 70's with thunderstorms.
Between doctor appointments, visits to the parents and sifting through stacks of computer specs for my sister I actually got some MR work done yesterday, notably adding railings to my GD30, a 6 axle short range version of a GP30. It took a couple of hours, a lot of drilling and a chopped set of railings from a Bachmann GP50. I finally added the last couple of pieces to the rear steps last night. A set of railings made specifically for the model would have been nice but Athearn hasn't made a GP30 since what, around 1965? Now about the above mentioned stacks of computer specs, my sister has decided to get a computer for use at home and she doesn't want some Wal-Mart special from Dell or HP. The hours of going through dry specs came down to a decision between a HP notebook that had a lot going for it and a desktop from ZT Systems. Both are comparably priced. She doesn't need the portability and convenience of the notebook and she really likes what the ZT has to offer and I must say that I'm impressed with it as well. It looks as if she'll be ordering that system. Looks like it's gonna be pouring down rain today and tomorrow. Good thing I got the grass cut when I did. Right now I'm looking over the layout and determining what other mayhem I can get into. There are some city scene details (phone booths, bike racks, etc) coming but those are still days away.
Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 3/25/2009
Wind Chill: 51°F
Humidity: 97%
Dew Point: 51°F
So Far Today
High: 72°F
Low: 52°F
Rain: 0.50"
Rain Rate: 0.60"/h
Gust: 33mph NNW
Through 7 AM...numerous showers with a few thunderstorms will move northeast at 25 mph across portions of southeast Texas and central Louisiana. The majority of the activity will be northwest of a line from Marksville to Silsbee. A few lightning strikes and brief heavy rainfall with rates around 1/2 inch per hour can be expected with the storms.
Today High: 75 Showers and thunderstorms. Highs in the mid 70s. North winds 5 to 10 mph in the morning becoming east in the afternoon. Chance of rain 80 percent.
Tonight Low: 62 Showers and thunderstorms likely. Lows in the lower 60s. South winds 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 70 percent.
http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm18/forum-2/DSCN0802.jpg
It's 54 and very wet here with more thunderstorms rolling in. High will be around the mid 70's with thunderstorms.
Between doctor appointments, visits to the parents and sifting through stacks of computer specs for my sister I actually got some MR work done yesterday, notably adding railings to my GD30, a 6 axle short range version of a GP30. It took a couple of hours, a lot of drilling and a chopped set of railings from a Bachmann GP50. I finally added the last couple of pieces to the rear steps last night. A set of railings made specifically for the model would have been nice but Athearn hasn't made a GP30 since what, around 1965? Now about the above mentioned stacks of computer specs, my sister has decided to get a computer for use at home and she doesn't want some Wal-Mart special from Dell or HP. The hours of going through dry specs came down to a decision between a HP notebook that had a lot going for it and a desktop from ZT Systems. Both are comparably priced. She doesn't need the portability and convenience of the notebook and she really likes what the ZT has to offer and I must say that I'm impressed with it as well. It looks as if she'll be ordering that system. Looks like it's gonna be pouring down rain today and tomorrow. Good thing I got the grass cut when I did. Right now I'm looking over the layout and determining what other mayhem I can get into. There are some city scene details (phone booths, bike racks, etc) coming but those are still days away.
Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 3/25/2009
Wind Chill: 51°F
Humidity: 97%
Dew Point: 51°F
So Far Today
High: 72°F
Low: 52°F
Rain: 0.50"
Rain Rate: 0.60"/h
Gust: 33mph NNW
Through 7 AM...numerous showers with a few thunderstorms will move northeast at 25 mph across portions of southeast Texas and central Louisiana. The majority of the activity will be northwest of a line from Marksville to Silsbee. A few lightning strikes and brief heavy rainfall with rates around 1/2 inch per hour can be expected with the storms.
Today High: 75 Showers and thunderstorms. Highs in the mid 70s. North winds 5 to 10 mph in the morning becoming east in the afternoon. Chance of rain 80 percent.
Tonight Low: 62 Showers and thunderstorms likely. Lows in the lower 60s. South winds 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 70 percent.
http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm18/forum-2/DSCN0802.jpg
