Coffee Shop 15

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Status
Not open for further replies.
Heck ya, OUCH!:D:D I don't need my wallet!:eek: I got Rex's wallet:D:D!!!!!!!!!

Careful Chris! Might be a horde of killer moths hiding in there!:D

Went to the Home Depot today looking for a small vice for the basement workshop. 3-5 inches with soft jaws. The one in the garage is too big and has hard jaws, too rough on brass! Ideally I wanted one that screwed down to the table, but all the small ones were clamp on. They had 1 3 inch model with hard jaws, but they wanted 22 bucks for it!:D I begrudgingly picked it up and started out of the tool department when something caught my eye. a Dremel Vice!
3 inch soft jaws, it has a detachable clamping system that allows the jaws to be used as a small bar type clamp, the base swivels and tilts, and it also has an attachment that allows the vice to hold a Dremel tool so you have both hands free to manipilate your project! Too cool! And only 29.97 plus tax! I got it and installed it as soon as I got home! Gonna start bending brass and soldering cabooses together tomorrow!!!:D
 
My poor wallet has been set on fire by Chris, invaded by moths sent by Karl, stripped of remaining content by the government....even my credit and debit cards mag strips have been worn out. Identity theft...who cares...I can't be any more broke. Anyone like to buy a pencil. :D

Just finished watching the Syracuse vs. UConn basketball game. Man, what a game with two great teams. 6 overtimes before Syracuse pulled it off 127-117.
 
My poor wallet has been set on fire by Chris, invaded by moths sent by Karl, stripped of remaining content by the government....even my credit and debit cards mag strips have been worn out. Identity theft...who cares...I can't be any more broke. Anyone like to buy a pencil. :D

Just finished watching the Syracuse vs. UConn basketball game. Man, what a game with two great teams. 6 overtimes before Syracuse pulled it off 127-117.

Rex, Sorry, to inform you that your wallet and what's left of it's contents has passed on:(. I know this doesn't mean much coming from me but, that was one scrapy wallet!:o It didn't go down with out a fight:o I buried it under a 100 year old Oak tree, there it will RIP:) My heart goes out to you and yours and prayers too.:) I heard Obama was giving out bail out's to just about any one!:) I'm sure when you present your story to him you might get some help!:):) Just tell him it was Chris' fault!!!:D I'm sure he will ubder stand:confused::rolleyes:.
 


03-13-2009

Good Morning ! from TIPTON IN:eek:
TIPTONDEPOT-1.png
menu_breakfast_1.png
Diner.png

THECOFFEESHOP.png
3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawl.png
waitress3.png


never6.jpg


:confused::):D:(
 
Good morning. I hope everybody has a good Friday the 13th.

It's 41 here and decidedly wet. The high should be in the mid 50's with still more rain coming down.

Yesterday I installed some old Athearn metal sprung trucks on a Bachmann tank car that will be coupled on behind a 250 ton crane that will be sitting on a spur. It wasn't as easy as it sounds. I had to drill out the hole in each truck so they would fit on the car. On to the next project, whatever it may be. The visit to the foot doc went well. He likes what he saw and told me to keep doing what I've been doing. Being today is Friday the 13th I'll just be taking it easy. We have good sleeping weather today. I may just take good advantage of it. The layout extension needs to be cleaned up as well as I've been working on a number of projects lately and have most of them wrapped up.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 3/13/2009


Wind Chill: 39°F
Humidity: 96%
Dew Point: 40°F

So Far Today
High: 41°F
Low: 41°F
Rain: 0.15"
Rain Rate: 0.08"/h
Gust: 21mph ENE

Through 7 AM...an area of light to moderate rainfall will continue to move northeast at 30 mph across southeast Texas...western and central Louisiana north of us-190. Expect rainfall between a tenth to a quarter inch per hour.

Today High: 55 Rain and isolated thunderstorms. Highs in the mid 50s. North winds 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain near 100 percent.

Tonight Low: 42 Rain and isolated thunderstorms. Lows in the lower 40s. North winds 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain near 100 percent.

http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm18/forum-2/DSCN0690.jpg
 
Good Morning Everyone--We're at -7C with the high going to 4C in the sunshine:):)---just in time to start throwing the UV ratings at us:confused:--as if we can get sunburns now:confused:---too bundled up yet:rolleyes:---

Got a new printer yesterday--one of those 3 in 1 things that will allow me to actually take some of my older pix and restore them--or at least make copies that are actually more 'seeable' than they are at the current moment--:):):D

Got the lonely petunia client visit today. I'll try to get some atrium design stuff going over the weekend---:D:D

Have a good'n!!:D:D
 
:D Happy Friday the 13th everbody! :D

Flo, can I get a direct injection of caffine this morning?? I need some inspiration this morning! Projects to do, kids coming over this weekend, ya know, all the usual stuff! Besides, It's only 32 out there this morning!
Rex, sorry to hear about the wallet dying, we had a moment of silence for ya!;)
Chris, It was nice you buried the poor thing, but I think you should have just sent it to 1600 Pennsylvania Ave, Washington D.C. and included a letter about how it's poor owner needs a bailout. Tell them he is a retired GM employee who was working at a Wall Street investment bank specializing in Real Estate........that oughta get em!:rolleyes:
Well, I'm off to start working on my list. I think I'll include taking the snowplow off the the big Deere today and reinstalling the 6ft mower deck. Maybe that will give old man Winter the impetus to get outta Dodge!;)
Should I dare???
 
Morning all,
This weekend's train watching weather is pitiful, as rain from today thru Monday will leave VA feeling quite blue in the senses. I acquired a bunch of old HO and N scale stuff for the layout at a thrift shop last evening, mostly Buildings and scenery, which will help as I have very little scenery on my layouts. Also got my Atlas Switch Tower running last night, it serves at a light on my layout as well as a little scenery. I have attached it to an old Bachmann Depressed Center Flat that I do not use. I plan to place weeds around the car, and remove the car from it's trucks and place boards under the car, giving it that old, but still used feel. Well, time for school and with my research paper on Andrew Carnegie underway, it looks as if a trip to the public library is in store.

Have a good one everybody.
 
Good morning folks

It was 32 F on its way to 45 F.

Since the projects were advertised for bid yesterday the pressure is slightly reduced at work. It will be that for a few days and then as the next two come up, the insanity will start again.

Last night my daughter had basketball practice. I am still working through some issues with the computer and getting things to work with VISTA. My son has a game that refuses to load. I went to the tech support forum and found that he is not alone. It seems the programmers are blaming it on VISTA but in reading the forum I found that the program has been buggy all along and under previous versions of Windows it would not run on certain video cards. To me it is beginning to look like VISTA is exposing the sloppy programming the developers have done. They refuse to answer questions in the open forum. They want everyone to file support tickets. I had some problems with a game I bought and went to their tech support forums. The discussion was very open and helpful and yes some of my problems were because of VISTA, but they were mostly from out of date drivers. I downloaded the game patch and updated the drivers and have been playing ever since. It has been a contrast in two different ways of handling problems.

This weekend will be nuts in a different way. Both kids have basketball playoff games. The biggie is that we are having our cable TV, Internet Service, and phone service changed from one provider to another. I like our current provider but there costs have been getting higher and higher and it has now reached the point where we cannot afford them. We have been with them for about 6 or 7 years and I contacted them to see if they could offer us a new package to keep us but for some reason they couldn’t or wouldn’t. So we are going elsewhere. The installation could take a good part of the day so I don’t know when I’ll be back online.

Depending on how this installation goes will determine if I get any modeling time this weekend or if I will be reconfiguring TV’s and the computer.

I hope everybody has a good day.
 


:D Happy Friday the 13th everbody! :D

Chris, It was nice you buried the poor thing, but I think you should have just sent it to 1600 Pennsylvania Ave, Washington D.C. and included a letter about how it's poor owner needs a bailout. Tell them he is a retired GM employee who was working at a Wall Street investment bank specializing in Real Estate........that oughta get em!:rolleyes:
Well, I'm off to start working on my list. I think I'll include taking the snowplow off the the big Deere today and reinstalling the 6ft mower deck. Maybe that will give old man Winter the impetus to get outta Dodge!;)
Should I dare???

Your now just hooking up the blades:eek: Good God man your lucky you don't live down here! I had my butt glued for 5hrs. to that thing below!:mad: Monday I'll be draging the Gang reals behind the Kubota 3130. It was hot and dry and the dust was just black as coal. I omitted wearing a dusk mask:rolleyes: I'm paying for it now, I got's black boogers:D My farmer tan is bad real bad...LOL's
 
Jeeze! I hope he hasn't jumped out of a 21st floor, window. HEY JIM! Where art thou?
Rex, Make sure Jim and his family ain't living under your layout!:confused::( and I'll look under the coffee shop tables and in the kitchen while you search your train room!:( Everyone else fan out let's start a search party pronto!!!!!
 
Rex, condolences on the wallet!

Chris if you don't like that Toro ZTR just send it up my way, I'll give it a good home!:rolleyes:

Hi to the rest of youse as well, I'm just too tired to type out individual replies at the moment...

Been away for a few, it was a very hectic week. All kinds of meetings and 'fires' to put out at work; then today I made the quarterly drive up to Steubenville OH and back to bring my 19yr-old daughter home for spring break.

But at least I did finish painting the brickwork on my Merchants Row I, now I'm in the process of creating storefront name banners and signs on my 'putor to print later on white decal paper. Quite a time-consuming task, another reason I haven't been posting much on the forums this week.

It's now bedtime for this kid, driving the 10-hour round trip really wore me out. Have a great weekend y'all!
 
BTW: Karl, any thing smaller than this ain't a tractor;) It's a toy;):D:)

Mines big enough that I have to duck driving out of the garage or OUCH!!!:eek:

The Green one is a tractor, anything painted red is meant for children!

Better dead than red
the only real machine is green

Oh and have I told you, she thinks my tractors sexy???;):p
 
Rex, Make sure Jim and his family ain't living under your layout!:confused::( and I'll look under the coffee shop tables and in the kitchen while you search your train room!:( Everyone else fan out let's start a search party pronto!!!!!


Better make sure he ain't locked in the storage room in the back! I heard Flo talking to the girls about some fresh meat she had stored somewhere!!:eek::p:eek::D
 


Status
Not open for further replies.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top