1/87th Vehicles

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


And here I have bought this guy in shop at once!
It almost as its present big brother (сosts in my quarter!)

At us such models a rare thing!!!
But the dealer speaks that "the series" will go further...
 
You show us another surprise from your country!! The Moscow police have Ford Crown Victoria Interceptor patrol cars!

And they are also sold in models! Good that you found one in the shop.
 


I have got to be kidding myself. I must think of the oddest 1/87th things to look for in the world
Now I'm looking for a belt conveyor loader, the type where a bucket loader would drop into a v shaped hopper then the belt would load the material (gravel/stone) into a rail car. I found really old styles (steam era) and one from Kibri #Ki- 8606 but of course they are not in stcok anyplace I can find. I'm looking for like 60/80's era.
I don't know maybe using wrong name for it or just not made. Any help would be great.
Thanks guys

It would look something like this

Wie es: http://www.pbase.com/vamidlandrr/image/107784133
 
You show us another surprise from your country!! The Moscow police have Ford Crown Victoria Interceptor patrol cars!

And they are also sold in models! Good that you found one in the shop.

Oh... yes! In such quality - it is rare...

Awesome find Rustam!
I'm also surprised to see a classic patrol car done up in Russia!

It is Ford's very qualitative model manufacturer BUSCH does. I have collected 3 such models on a regiment ;-)

p.s. I very much like in real this Ford. Simply I love this model!!! Last American classics...
 
long road to me

I have bought them...
These 4 trucks has found in the Internet and has bought
on russ- analogue ebay.
At each model very long road to me ;-)
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I've got quite a few jordan kits. They ARE a little challenge. I built an Erie Model B-2 Steam Shovel a few years ago. I think I might try the crane next!

So, How do you post pictures here? I have stuff over at HobbyTalk....
 
I got an AAV-7 Amphibious Assault Vehicle model from a toy fair today, it scales out to 1/76, a little large for HO, but for $6, I think its close enough, plus its a smart looking piece of hardware !!!

Ron
 


I just finished Jordan's Model T. You can build it with the turtle deck or pickup box and I chose the latter.
pics149.jpg

I did paint it but in keeping with Henry's tradition, it's almost all black

That's really nice! Is it a kit?
 
I got these two as gifts.

The Porsche is made by Brekina and the Oldsmobile by Model Power.

I'm still looking for a detailed car by someone that is a 1974 model; a VW or an American car so I can fill up my auto carrier.
 
Classic Metalworks has just announced some additional new 1/87 scale vehicles for future release.
In addition to the recently released 1953 Ford Country Squire "woody" wagons, and recently released 41-46 Chevy pickups (and larger 1 1/2 ton trucks) and recently released 1953 Ford Courier sedan deliveries, there are some interesting new things listed on their website. http://www.classicmetalworks.com/gpEasy/index.php

It looks like they will be doing a new mold for a 1950's GMC Scenicruiser Greyhound bus (these are the buses with the raised passenger section with its glass roof section), also listed is a 1950 DeSoto 4 door sedan, and a 1953 Ford Mainline (non-woody) station wagon.
There are also a couple new colors listed for the 36 Ford sedan, the 59 Ford sedan, the 50 Dodge sedan, and more 53 Ford sedan deliveries decorated with logos of various businesses.
 
I got these two as gifts.

The Porsche is made by Brekina and the Oldsmobile by Model Power.

I'm still looking for a detailed car by someone that is a 1974 model; a VW or an American car so I can fill up my auto carrier.

For 1974, German cars such as the VW's shouldn't be a problem. Since most of the high detail manufacturers are located in that part of the world (Busch, Wiking, Brekina, Ricko, Herpa etc.), most offer a variety of VW bugs, VW buses, Karmin Ghias and others. And since most of the European cars changed very little in terms of appearance from year to year, you should be able to find suitable models. You might try visiting Truckstop models as a possible source in the US for many of the models. Brekina makes alot of nice VW's
http://www.truckstopmodels.com/

As for American models, going specifically for 1974 might be a bit difficult. The Roco Dodge pickup is probably about a 1976 or 77 model, but the grille is the only part that changed through the 70's. The Trident Chevy pickups and vans are probably early 80's models, but are merely continuations of bodies that dated back to 71 for the vans and 73 for the pickups and Chevy Blazer suv's. Busch makes a 74 Pontiac Trans Am, but its an older mold and somewhat crude. Busch's Dodge Monaco and Plymouth Fury sedans and police cars are from about 77, but changing the headlights to single round units instead of the square headlights would make them 1975 models if that would be close enough (The 74 models share the same basic body, but were badged as the Dodge Coronet and Plymouth Satellite, but then, the 74 models had different sheet metal from the cowl forward).
Fresh Cherries made a few possibilities. Maybe the AMC Hornet hatchback and AMC Gremlin could fill your Auto carrier as they even kept the same grilles for several years. The Hornet is a 73-74 model as is the Gremlin (though Truckstop Models lists the Gremlin incorrectly as a 72).
Heres another vendor with the 1974 AMC models http://www.hobbylinc.com/motor-max_model_trains
The Fresh Cherries line is by the same manufacturer that made the 69 Olds 4-4-2 in your photo.

If you were modeling the very late 70's, Atlas makes the 78-79 Ford Fairmont 4 door sedan and station wagon in several factory colors. The Fresh Cherries 77 Ford Granada and 77 Pinto wagon and Mercury Bobcat could all pass as 78 or 79 models. Long ago Herpa discontinued a 1979 Mustang. If you could find some of those old Herpa Mustang models, then along with all the Fairmont sedans and wagons, and Granadas and Pintos, you could fill an entire train with new late 70's Fords.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I got these two as gifts.

The Porsche is made by Brekina and the Oldsmobile by Model Power.

I'm still looking for a detailed car by someone that is a 1974 model; a VW or an American car so I can fill up my auto carrier.

Be carefull what you wish for. :eek: Those die cast cars dont weigh much by themselves, but put 15 or so on an autorack, and they get heavy!:eek:
Case in point, the bi-level rack with the VW's (Model Power) weighs over 2 times the NMRA spec. Plastic is the way to go here. The tri-level rack is filled with 68 Camaros and ?? AMX's. Plastic, re-detailed Tyco stuff. A lot lighter! In fact, it tips the scales almost exactly what it should weigh for its weight!
A fellow club member and myself had these cars , plus 6 cars of his with Model Power AMCs on them,all running together at the rear of a string of enclosed autoracks and damn near clotheslined the entire train on a curve! Moved them to the front of the train to get things under control! :)
WMautoracks.JPG
 
For 1974, German cars such as the VW's shouldn't be a problem. Since most of the high detail manufacturers are located in that part of the world (Busch, Wiking, Brekina, Ricko, Herpa etc.), most offer a variety of VW bugs, VW buses, Karmin Ghias and others. And since most of the European cars changed very little in terms of appearance from year to year, you should be able to find suitable models. You might try visiting Truckstop models as a possible source in the US for many of the models. Brekina makes alot of nice VW's
http://www.truckstopmodels.com/

As for American models, going specifically for 1974 might be a bit difficult. The Roco Dodge pickup is probably about a 1976 or 77 model, but the grille is the only part that changed through the 70's. The Trident Chevy pickups and vans are probably early 80's models, but are merely continuations of bodies that dated back to 71 for the vans and 73 for the pickups and Chevy Blazer suv's. Busch makes a 74 Pontiac Trans Am, but its an older mold and somewhat crude. Busch's Dodge Monaco and Plymouth Fury sedans and police cars are from about 77, but changing the headlights to single round units instead of the square headlights would make them 1975 models if that would be close enough (The 74 models share the same basic body, but were badged as the Dodge Coronet and Plymouth Satellite, but then, the 74 models had different sheet metal from the cowl forward).
Fresh Cherries made a few possibilities. Maybe the AMC Hornet hatchback and AMC Gremlin could fill your Auto carrier as they even kept the same grilles for several years. The Hornet is a 73-74 model as is the Gremlin (though Truckstop Models lists the Gremlin incorrectly as a 72).
Heres another vendor with the 1974 AMC models http://www.hobbylinc.com/motor-max_model_trains
The Fresh Cherries line is by the same manufacturer that made the 69 Olds 4-4-2 in your photo.

If you were modeling the very late 70's, Atlas makes the 78-79 Ford Fairmont 4 door sedan and station wagon in several factory colors. The Fresh Cherries 77 Ford Granada and 77 Pinto wagon and Mercury Bobcat could all pass as 78 or 79 models. Long ago Herpa discontinued a 1979 Mustang. If you could find some of those old Herpa Mustang models, then along with all the Fairmont sedans and wagons, and Granadas and Pintos, you could fill an entire train with new late 70's Fords.

Thank you!

Will start looking.
 
Be carefull what you wish for. :eek: Those die cast cars dont weigh much by themselves, but put 15 or so on an autorack, and they get heavy!:eek:
Case in point, the bi-level rack with the VW's (Model Power) weighs over 2 times the NMRA spec. Plastic is the way to go here. The tri-level rack is filled with 68 Camaros and ?? AMX's. Plastic, re-detailed Tyco stuff. A lot lighter! In fact, it tips the scales almost exactly what it should weigh for its weight!
A fellow club member and myself had these cars , plus 6 cars of his with Model Power AMCs on them,all running together at the rear of a string of enclosed autoracks and damn near clotheslined the entire train on a curve! Moved them to the front of the train to get things under control! :)
WMautoracks.JPG

Definitely plastic though I love the look of the VWs on the bilevel.
 
This little HO scale radio control truck is kind of cool. Most smaller radio control vehicles are very difficult to operate and manuver at realistic speeds. This one looks like it can be operated very realistically. The truck body in the first video appears to be an Athearn Ford truck. The pickup truck in the second video looks like an Atlas model and the 4x4 Chevy Blazer in the third video looks like it uses the Trident Chevy Blazer body.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYXbhX-tVec

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5hY73ygun4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csH5M4oHdVo&feature=related
 
Last edited by a moderator:
This little HO scale radio control truck is kind of cool. Most smaller radio control vehicles are very difficult to operate and manuver at realistic speeds. This one looks like it can be operated very realistically. The truck body in the first video appears to be an Athearn Ford truck. The pickup truck in the second video looks like an Atlas model and the 4x4 Chevy Blazer in the third video looks like it uses the Trident Chevy Blazer body.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYXbhX-tVec

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5hY73ygun4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csH5M4oHdVo&feature=related

The 4 wheel drive is so cool.
 






Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top