1/87th Vehicles

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Since the tooling is the same, how can one be better than the other? I would use them differently. The wheels and plain black paint job give the look of a stripped down performance version a kid would own, so stick it at the place on your layout where the kids hang out, with a few other hot rods. The detailed version is Dad's and goes in traffic or in the driveway of a house with a few people around it admiring the "new car".


Thanks for council))) Will be time I will make for you a photo)))
I liked idea!!!
 
Here look guys - GMC... Has bought today!
What it on an inscription on boards? What for a car coloring?

I know that such trucks were at us during war and well itself have shown on bad roads!!!

Prompt what at them color of a body more widespread for those years to operation???
 
Yes that is typical of a US Army truck in WW2. Color for a civilian truck of that time can be dark green with black front fenders or dark maroon with black fenders. GMC painted the green and maroon during the 1940's except from 1942 - 1945 that all production was for the military. Military trucks bought by civilians after the war were often painted as the owner liked.

Not sure what language the signs are, maybe Dutch?
 


Yes that is typical of a US Army truck in WW2. Color for a civilian truck of that time can be dark green with black front fenders or dark maroon with black fenders. GMC painted the green and maroon during the 1940's except from 1942 - 1945 that all production was for the military. Military trucks bought by civilians after the war were often painted as the owner liked.

Not sure what language the signs are, maybe Dutch?


Thanks for the information, thanks for the answer!!
Certainly I want to give more real kind to this car.
Probably I will recolour it... I have two ideas: the American painting or the Soviet paint;-)
As I will make - I will show a photo!
This car deserves - realities. I think it worked much!
 
I want to show you these cars!!!
They are pleasant to me... ;-) Has bought not so long ago on 32 dollars for a piece.
;)
 
Nice collection Rustam. 2 Kenworth and 1 Peterbuilt. Both names are considered to be the best trucks in the USA. I don't think you see many of those over in Russia, do you?
 
Yes they are good! Thanks for a compliment! ;-)
At us here many the American tractors actually.
But it basically fresh cars on years.

There are certainly on roads curiosities of 70-80 years. These are really beautiful cars. They meet on distant lines.

I have some photo of such cars on roads. If is interesting I can send a photo.
 
Thanks for that information. It is interesting to find out many USA trucks and cars are used in Russia. I think most of us are remembering how it was during the Soviet Union when trade with many western countries was very rare.

Yes please post a few pics. Maybe near a railroad station if you can. Thanks.
 
Specially for NH Mike!

Specially for NH Mike ;-)

Here some photo which were at me on the camera.
I have photographed these trucks in suburbs of Moscow.
If the photo likely I will better send to your electronic address is necessary still. Write to me in the personal message what at you e-mail.

By the way, if to you guys were pleasant to a photo it is ready to show still ;-)))

I AM SIMPLE WITHOUT MIND FROM THE AMERICAN CARS! ;-)
 
Thank you Rustam. I am really surprised to see so many American trucks in Russia. Sometimes here we see a Ural motorcycle but not very often.
 


I waited. And they have come... Have arrived!

In the beginning of this year "BREKINA" announced that these buses will appear on sale. And here they are. Has bought today!
It is very happy.
It also is pair of the present American cars!
1 piece costs 18 dollars.
 
In the beginning of this year "BREKINA" announced that these buses will appear on sale. And here they are. Has bought today!
It is very happy.
It also is pair of the present American cars!
1 piece costs 18 dollars.

Wow! They are really nice. Where can you buy them?
 
Wow! They are really nice. Where can you buy them?
I'm in the U.S. and ordered mine from Truckstop Models. I do like these little Dodge vans. Some of them have chrome bumpers, and some have white bumpers just like Dodge did it (chrome was an extra cost option). The panel vans have no side doors which is correct for Dodge. They were available with no side doors, or with side doors on the right side or with side doors on both sides.
I hope Brekina does some in the factory two tone paint schemes as well in the future.
 
I'm in the U.S. and ordered mine from Truckstop Models. I do like these little Dodge vans. Some of them have chrome bumpers, and some have white bumpers just like Dodge did it (chrome was an extra cost option). The panel vans have no side doors which is correct for Dodge. They were available with no side doors, or with side doors on the right side or with side doors on both sides.
I hope Brekina does some in the factory two tone paint schemes as well in the future.


Thank you for the info and reply.

What year is the Dodge?
 
Wow! They are really nice. Where can you buy them?

In Moscow it is possible to buy from us!
I apologize for humour ;-)

If you to find them in America it I think not difficult!
The manufacturer of these buses BREKINA.

By the way, was also red color of a body... But I didn't have so much cash ;-)
 
DSCF0995.jpg

DSCF0994.jpg

And I know there 1:64 but just thought I would share.
 
Last edited by a moderator:


Its the most popular size amongst toys kids play with. More appropiate for S scale. Although, if you look at large vehicles like big rig style trucks, construction equipment, busses, etc. They are usually scaled down to fit to 1:64 and will usually match closely to HO scale.
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top