Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. K

    HO Layout-need some advance

    Ok, that makes sense.
  2. K

    HO Layout-need some advance

    My thought was more of a yard with two industries at the bottom and maybe a 3rd with a siding on the bottom right
  3. K

    HO Layout-need some advance

    Thanks for the suggestions. Tony, I didnt connect them because I was going to put some sort of water over there, and thought my saw mill or some sort of industry on the left side, that is why I didn't connect them. Iron Houseman, I like that plan, and might incorporate some of that into the...
  4. K

    HO Layout-need some advance

    Hello everyone, so over the past 2 weeks I have started working on my layout. I got my bench work completed along with the foam on top. I have temperately laid some track and let the kids run some trains. But before I start laying roadbed, I just not real excited about this layout. As you can...
  5. K

    A little help would be appreciated...

    Thanks for the help guys, I am just finishing up a few track plans and once the kids and I decide which we like best, we will start building.
  6. K

    A little help would be appreciated...

    The only part that is against a wall is the "back" of the benchwork which is the top of my drawing. The rest of it would be open and I could walk around. The drawing I put on was the approximate dimensions of my benchwork. Clear as mud?
  7. K

    A little help would be appreciated...

    Tony, Thank you for the posts, I was worried about the radius of the curves. After doing some looking, for some reason in my head the passenger train that I was going to try and find was a smaller Amtrak that runs in state only, and I was thinking they where not as big as the superliner cars...
  8. K

    A little help would be appreciated...

    This is going to be HO..as soon as I hit submit I knew I left that out. According to the original plan is was just over 9 feet in length and just over 3 foot in depth and I would like to keep to the original size. Thanks for pointing that our number9.
  9. K

    A little help would be appreciated...

    I am getting ready to start my layout, and I have an idea of what I want the track plan to look like. I found this one on the web, but want to modify it a bit, some feed back would be greatly appreciated. Where I have labeled A I assume is a tunnel, I want to delete the tunnel and maybe elevate...
  10. K

    Getting back into it...need some assistance please

    Lynn...by the way..my son and I enjoy your layout and the pictures you post. Nice work
  11. K

    Getting back into it...need some assistance please

    Iron Horseman...thank you for the ideas, I saw the layouts on atlas's website, I like the look for them, and it gives me a starting point. I think I can make the 12 feet work, but it will be close. it will be in front of the water heater, which is fairly new so I should be ok for a few...
  12. K

    Getting back into it...need some assistance please

    Thanks Sphinx..that gives me a start
  13. K

    Getting back into it...need some assistance please

    Thanks for the help guys. I have gotten the trains to run smooth with some alcohol..for the track and me:o I have been thinking about my layout plans and think I am going to go more towards a dogbone type layout. I am thinking with my son, it will allow for more hands on operation for him. So I...
  14. K

    Getting back into it...need some assistance please

    Well, we got a small oval going with a few sidings. I have used some alcohol to get the trains running better, but not great. However at least they are running and my son is having a great time. I have been thinking about my future layout and I think I am going to go for a dogbone type. That way...
  15. K

    Getting back into it...need some assistance please

    Thanks for the reply Jim, I guess I should have been more clean. I don't plan on updating my old locomotives to DCC. Only one works, so I have to buy new anyway. As far as tracks go, I would really like to try and clean, mainly becuase of money. I would hate to get rid of all the track, but if...
  16. K

    Getting back into it...need some assistance please

    I did some model railroading back sometime ago, and after 6 moves and 3 kids, I am now to the stage where I want to get back into it. Plus, when my 4 year old son loves trains and asks can we have a train set, I could not get to the storage shed fast enough to get my stuff back out. So I got...




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top