ModelRailroadForums.com is a free
Model Railroad Discussion Forum and
photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
-
Yeah guess you're right.....hey wait a minute! :eek: Did you just say that. :D I'm more of a Jeep guy anyhow, didn't find any of them in N scale either. :(
-
Yeah I noticed that too. Guess us Chevy guys are out of luck.
-
Ok normally I never have a continuous run on my layouts but would like to incorporate one on my next attempt. I have 2'x8' area to work with and would like to have a stagging area with a 2 stall engine house. My problem with continuous runs are lack of realism in small spaces. Anyone got some...
-
Wow thanks a lot. I think some of those might work.
-
I can't seem to find a very good assortment of vehicles for N scale. Does anyone know where I could find some? I'm looking for more recent models, not the 40's and 50's vehicles that are so abundent.
-
Yeah I used the blue on my last one as well. Wasn't sure if the other ones were different or not. Thought with the pink would be easier to paint, less coats to cover it. Plus at 2" think would be less work but gotta use what you got.
-
Maybe that's the problem here then. Of course it gets pretty cold up here. I thought the pink was a little less dense as well.
-
Ok so I'm ready to start laying out my plan. However the only foam board I can find is the blue stuff. Where can i find the 2" pink stuff that you all use? Also I would love to post a picture of my design however the program I was going to use is proving challenging. So I drew it up "old...
-
I've always heard it is best to paint it first for 2 reasons.
1. To cover it up just in case it shows through.
2. As a way to adhere the grass, gravel, etc to the layout.
Haven't got to that point yet on my own layout but plan on painting it. I will probably leave the track in place and...
-
Well growing up all I ever seen was NS, CSX and Conrail. All pretty plain. Being in Alaska now I have to say that the Alaska RR paint scheme looks pretty good. So my pick in Alaska RR.
-
I've built benchwork a couple different ways and it turned out pretty good. I cut the plywood to size first then attached the 2x2's around the edges and down the middle then made legs for it. The other way I did it was made the frame work then just laid my foam on that without plywood. Not...
-
I love Nscale. It is a little more tedious being that it is so small and you can't really detail as much as you could on HO. But for the size it makes a pretty impressive layout without taking up an entire basement. For your childs room you could place the entire thing about 4' off the floor...
-
Crandell thank you for the great explanations. It makes a little more sense to me now. Considering my layout will be fairly small and only a point to point shelf layout some of the elaborate funtions I will not need. However it is all good to know and I appreciate all the help.
-
So what it sounds like to me is with DCC you will get more realistic operation. And as long as my loco's are DCC compatible it's easier to wire up than DC.
-
Oh....Thanks for clearing that up for me. Sounds like DCC is the only way to go. I like simplicity.
-
What did I say. I was stating that it as long as you're happy with it that's all that matters. I think it looks good to me. Not much needs to be changed unless you are unhappy with it.
Suggestions would be try to get the tracks as level as possible to get the best result out of your train...
-
Well if you're happy with it that's all that matters. You build the way you want, that's what it is all about. I have suggestions and tips as will many but remember you can take it or leave it.
-
Mmmmm well there goes that idea. : ) I think I'll just do a small diorama winter scene like you said or just cover the mountains. It was a good idea. Thanks for all the advise.
-
Thanks for the info. I saw in a magazine that a guy built a shelf layout, no loop, and wondered how he did that. Since the track doesn't make a complete circuit. My guess is that under the layout you would have to attach wires from one end to the other. I, mysef, have never wired a track...
-
Wondering if anyone has pictures and/or advise about winter themes? Things like making the snow on the ground look slushy and mounded up, getting a realistic cover on mountains and trees, what material to use for snow, and how to make it all adhere to the surfaces?
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website
(Learn More Here)