Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. H

    2014 Mad City Rail Show

    I will be there racing you to the good deals. I took my three year old last year and he still talks about it. Should be a great time.
  2. H

    Car lighting

    I would like to add light to the inside of a couple of my cars. I realize I need pickups and the lights. I have seen pickups that look like flat metal and I have seen lights but I have yet to find a complete kit that would include everything I would need to add light to a car. I am guessing...
  3. H

    Barbed wire

    I have made it by taking fishing line and tieing knots in it. Cut the knots so a little sticks out for the barbs. Then you can spray paint black and weather it as you would like. If it is new just paint over it silver. For older barb wire Spray paint black and add some rust coloring to it...
  4. H

    Teardown and rebuild

    I do like the layout you are going with.
  5. H

    Rebuild

    that was a very interesting video, seems like a very good company.
  6. H

    Very First Layout

    looks like you have a good start, looks like you are having fun. I like the way you are building your track up off the table.
  7. H

    IHC Passenger Cars

    Very Impressive, Really good work
  8. H

    Track Cleaning

    I have seen several posts asking about cleaning track. I found something that worked really well for me. I woke up this morning and thought to myself that I should change my layout. To make it work I had to pull out some 30+ year old track to at least make sure it would work in the space...
  9. H

    DCC help- Kato SD45

    Probably bumped into you there (no figuratively either), I actually had a questionable purchase there. I picked up an HO engine from someone, it was used but the was in a shrink wrap. Once we got home we found that the back hitch (I know there is proper term for them) was broken and that...
  10. H

    Johnston's Dairy

    That is an incredible piece, congrats on such great work and detail.
  11. H

    Railroad Fiction

    that is an excellent suggestion, thanks. Hope to see a few more suggestions.
  12. H

    Railroad Fiction

    Just wondering if anyone knows of any good novels or fiction that centers around railroads?
  13. H

    Decals questions

    Printer issues I think what was trying to be said it that most printers don't print white. So if you want white lettering that could be a problem with most printers.
  14. H

    Returned to the greatest hobby

    Says to introduce yourself so here goes. I started working with electric trains when I was 10 or so. My dad had a train set that he picked up on his travels and he was more than willing to setup the train set. He actually had more fun that I did at times. He was the type of guy that would...




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top