ModelRailroadForums.com is a free
Model Railroad Discussion Forum and
photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
I was in the attic of my grandmother house a couple months ago and got bit by the Model Railroad bug after finding my 25+ year old trains. So I decided since I have never done a layout that I should start small. I thought a J shaped table about 58.5 sq. ft. was the right size. I grabbed some track and started putting it down. At first I decided to lay track around the perimeter of the table. Look some thing like this. After finishing laying the track and running the train for about 1 hour of total run time, I did not like the "Plywood Prairie". So pulled up the track and started over.
I started the new layout a few weeks ago. Feel free to give suggestions. I will keep the progress pics coming.
looks like you have a good start, looks like you are having fun. I like the way you are building your track up off the table.
what are you using for the material/landscaping? it sort of looks like felt or something....
i like how it's coming along
sc
I have not really started the landscape. The hill are made with news paper covered with plaster cloth then a light coat of drywall joint compound. Then spay painted with a brown and green mixture. When I start putting down the ground cover it will not take as much and add depth.
Looking good, I started my first layout recently too, lot's of work but a lot of fun too....
Keep the pics coming.
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website
(Learn More Here)