Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. S

    2-8-0 Repair

    I'm attempting to repair an old Balboa Southern Pacific consolidation. I have checked all the drivers with a NWSL quarterer and everything seems fine but when I've placed them back on the frame and reassembled the entire engine, I'll only get three or four rotations of the drivers before they...
  2. S

    Loose screws on drivers

    I have an old HO brass steam engine that I'm remodeling and having problems with loose screws on some of the drivers. Rather than tap for new screws I need some advice on what is a good glue to hold these screws in place but still be able to unscrew them without a lot of pressure. They're about...
  3. S

    DC operators

    Sp 1920-30 I retired two years ago and got back into the hobby after a 35 year hiatus. Now I'm building an HO layout (14X16) with 11 steam engines with a large collection of rolling stock that are suited for the 1920's -30's. I have found DC to be cheaper to run and MRC power packs readily...
  4. S

    DC operators

    DC and loving it I got back into the hobby after I retired last year.Since I model Southern Pacific in the 20's & 30's, all of my locomotives are steam and half of them are older brass. My layout is 14 X 16 and I run DC because I rather put my money into other areas rather than paying to have...
  5. S

    Turnouts for Union Station

    I am laying track for a six track deadend/stub yard similar to the one in Los Angeles. I plan on using number 6 turnouts and want to keep wiring to a minimum. Is there a company that makes a turnout that is powered by the direction of the points so it keeps wiring to a minimum? As of now this is...
  6. S

    ME turnouts

    I need some help regarding Micro Engineering turnouts. I have a 2X4 stub yard set up to test some of my older brass and MDC steam engines. Naturally, these are all DC and I will continue to use this setup until I get enough cash to convert them to DCC. My problem is that I thought these turnouts...
  7. S

    SP 1920's

    I'm in the process of laying track (HO code 83) for my Southern Pacific Lines set in 1920 Los Angeles. The layout is 13' X 16' with large 38" radius curves to accomodate the numerous heavyweight passenger cars I have collected over the years. Historical data has been gathered mostly through...
  8. S

    pullman arch roof

    Does anyone know if Pullman ever used Harriman style arched roofs? I'm building a vintage Walthers kit and wanted to use this style roof.
  9. S

    Glazed pullman windows

    Does anyone know where I can purchase glazed windows used in restrooms for heavyweight passenger cars? I have a number of vintage walthers kits that I'm working on and need these to complete the kit.
  10. S

    HO Harriman roof

    Thanks for your input. Modeling S.P. 1920-30s does have its drawbacks but I love that era. SP in the Central Valley. John
  11. S

    HO Harriman roof

    Does anyone know of a manufacturer that makes a Harriman style roof for HO scratchbuilders?




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top