ModelRailroadForums.com is a free
Model Railroad Discussion Forum and
photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
I need some help regarding Micro Engineering turnouts. I have a 2X4 stub yard set up to test some of my older brass and MDC steam engines. Naturally, these are all DC and I will continue to use this setup until I get enough cash to convert them to DCC. My problem is that I thought these turnouts were power routed which would make it easier to ground throw them as I test the engines. Since I've already laid the track and turnouts in place how can I convert them to a power route setup.
All information greatly appreciated.
I need some help regarding Micro Engineering turnouts. I have a 2X4 stub yard set up to test some of my older brass and MDC steam engines. Naturally, these are all DC and I will continue to use this setup until I get enough cash to convert them to DCC. My problem is that I thought these turnouts were power routed which would make it easier to ground throw them as I test the engines. Since I've already laid the track and turnouts in place how can I convert them to a power route setup.
All information greatly appreciated.
I have several ME code 70 and code 83 turnouts and they are power routed. Mine are about15 years old and not been a problem with electrical continuity.The points should lock in place. In fact I have one in the yard that doesn't have a ground throw. Might check points with ohm meter. Phil
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website
(Learn More Here)