Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. Luvtoscratch

    An easy to build tool to make corrugated metal.

    I thought I gave him a saftey pin and some string already:D Hey ,. I see you are in Lakewood . Looks like we will soon be somewhat neighbors --- I am moving to Granby in Grand county right after the 1st of Sept. It will be nice to only be 80 miles from Cabbose Hobbies! Dave
  2. Luvtoscratch

    a scratchbashed service station.

    Gary , Not being a plasticville fan or expert , I will take your word for it --all I know was it was a few pieces I found in the scrap heap, not hard to make a silk purse out of a sows ear --- IF you have a SILK SOW! When I get to Colorado and get my hobby stuff back and can play again I...
  3. Luvtoscratch

    Greetings from Sunny Las Vegas

    I can see where it could do that . That guys name was Snow and he came to Las Vegas , opened a hotel-casino with that name -- forgot he was playin' with the big boys -- the city Gov't promised him the moon -- more or less MOONED him instead, the, at that time, Mayor ( can't expect much else--...
  4. Luvtoscratch

    An easy to build tool to make corrugated metal.

    Only in model railroading will you find someone who picks SLUG for a handle!! ;):confused: Seems a bit unlikely that Micro mark will jump on it , I posted all this information on another RR forum several years ago and nothing seems to have happened -- I hope a few folks have made their own. It...
  5. Luvtoscratch

    An easy to build tool to make corrugated metal.

    Hey , I'm just trying to teach people to fish here! :):eek: Dave
  6. Luvtoscratch

    a scratchbashed service station.

    This is the Jig I make wire wheels on. Because they are "JUNK" wheels perfection is not needed! Dave
  7. Luvtoscratch

    a scratchbashed service station.

    Thanks Gary , They do work well, in more than HO -- I use them also for all my S scale junk yard, here is a sample of wheels and tires in S scale . Including some wire wheels I made. The metal items are what are called "anchor or crush " nuts for thin metal, 10/24 is just right for 1/64...
  8. Luvtoscratch

    a scratchbashed service station.

    Bob , I did , in buildings and structures.:p Dave
  9. Luvtoscratch

    An easy to build tool to make corrugated metal.

    OK , Now to explain the tool. It is 1 inch x 1 1/4 inch . This is plenty wide enough to make roofing material from heavy duty Reynolds Wrap that will be over 4 feet wide in HO scale. The materials needed are 1/4 inch square brass, 1/8 X 1/4 brass, 2/56 threaded rod,a small piece of "U" channel...
  10. Luvtoscratch

    An easy to build tool to make corrugated metal.

    Most all of us at one time or another use corrugated iron in a building and the stuff is a bit expensive . This little tool , not too hard to make , solves that . Take a look. Then I will explain itand how to make one.
  11. Luvtoscratch

    Extra Super Detailing

    Well that half done Chevy sure was not what I meant to post -- really something for the Rivet guys!!:rolleyes: Here is what I meant to post. This tank engine was built on a Mantua -Tyco chassis I found in a box of junk, I was looking thru the Locomotive-cyclopedia one night and saw the plans for...
  12. Luvtoscratch

    a scratchbashed service station.

    I could show how to build a neat tool to make the corrugated iron I used on the door of the station, but there seems to be no "tool" page here.
  13. Luvtoscratch

    Extra Super Detailing

    This is a Cherry Valley 0-6-0 Tank engine I built , I think it is pretty well detailed. I did leave a few things for the rivet counters! Always try to see that I leave them something.:)
  14. Luvtoscratch

    Some cars for the junk yard.

    "AW SHUCKS ",( kicks dirt with toe) " I shouldn't but if yo-all insist" :p
  15. Luvtoscratch

    Some cars for the junk yard.

    Mike , I can't even think about trying that in N scale!! . One thing I can possibly help you with is to tell you to use disposable aluminum baking tins to form body panels you want to crunch. like the one on this 40 Ford decklid before it was painted.
  16. Luvtoscratch

    Some cars for the junk yard.

    Close ups of the details of a few. enjoy. Thanks for looking , Dave
  17. Luvtoscratch

    a scratchbashed service station.

    Thanks , but I assure you it was mostly junk box stuff. The tires are actually easy to do and best of all cheap! What one does is mount the O rings on a shaft that can be put in a drill , then sping them against a sanding disk in a dremel or just sandpaper on the bench till you have a slight...
  18. Luvtoscratch

    Some cars for the junk yard.

    As I said I am making cars in 1/64 scale ( hot wheels size) to have a stand alone diorama eventually --- I have close to 200 cars to do, not all hot wheels. I started with them , would have liked to do the yard in HO but at 16 $ and up per car !!! There are a LOT of vehicals made in 1/64th...
  19. Luvtoscratch

    Greetings from Sunny Las Vegas

    Nice to meet you too. Nice picture. I just bought a Canadian National car on E Bay to make a roadside diner out of. Stole it for about 8 bucks shipped! This is the car and something like the other picture is what I intend for it. Dave
  20. Luvtoscratch

    a scratchbashed service station.

    The rest of the station. With a close up of the o ring tires. Thanks again Dave




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top