Search results

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


  1. NIKO_SUAV3

    Got some New toys.

    Hello All, So I've been traveling a bunch but looks like I'll be home most of the winter which should afford me some quality time to work on the railroad! Now I'm nowhere near as far along as I'd like, but hey this is my first crack at my own layout. Anyway, over my travels I've collected a...
  2. NIKO_SUAV3

    Adding LEDs to Locomotives

    So I have another follow up, for those that use LEDs where do you all get them and what brand? I've been picking up some 5mm Yeloglo Bulbs from my LHS and I really like them, but Ive seen some use surface mount LEDs and havent found a good place to get those. Thoughts?
  3. NIKO_SUAV3

    Adding LEDs to Locomotives

    So for the Fiber Optics, what I got was Plastruct .06 fiber optics. It seems to fit pretty well in place of the standard bulbs. I have head you can melt the end of the optic to create a lens look, but I'm not good at this ha. All in all it works alright but just doesn't seem bright enough...
  4. NIKO_SUAV3

    Adding LEDs to Locomotives

    Hello Everyone, ive kinda been tinkering over the weekend on adding LEDs to my locomotives, but cant seem to come up with a method I like. Does anyone out there have any best practices or ideas on what works best? So far, I have been messing with Optic strands and LEDs, as well as trying...
  5. NIKO_SUAV3

    CNW switching layout

    I think that is a pretty interesting layout! What are the dimensions of the space you're working in if you don't mind me asking? Ive been poking around looking for Ideas on my layout but haven't landed on anything I like just yet.
  6. NIKO_SUAV3

    Getting Started, need thoughts opinions on layout.

    Sooo... I'm super stuck, I cant seem to settle on anything with the layout, maybe im not creative/experienced enough to know what will work, and what exactly I can do with my space to get the most out of it..... So I know I have a 10x10 space to work with, so far I have an L shaped bit of bench...
  7. NIKO_SUAV3

    How much time do you spend on ...

    Not as much time as I would like, right now I am in a period of constant travel for work so I'm usually gone Sunday afternoon through either Wednesday or sometimes Friday. That being said, at the moment I have been able to spend about 2 hours each weekend working on some Accurail Kits I bought...
  8. NIKO_SUAV3

    MU connctor lines - add on detail

    Also I believe I used MU-236 for the MU cable in addition to the 3 hose cluster. Though those look to be out of stock at Walthers
  9. NIKO_SUAV3

    MU connctor lines - add on detail

    Walthers has the the details west MU-266 set for $3.50 https://www.walthers.com/exec/productinfo/235-266
  10. NIKO_SUAV3

    MU connctor lines - add on detail

    These are some of the 3 Hose clusters along with the MU cable from Details west that I added to my Athearn RTR GP60M. I think overall they worked pretty well for me, but I am also kinda new to this and never used anything else.
  11. NIKO_SUAV3

    Got something Interesting when I bought an Item on eBay recently

    Yea I think it was pretty cool of the guy. Especially considering I picked up the Genesis for $50. I just checked through and it looks like the certificate showing the production number is missing though, that's too bad would have been interested to know ha. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  12. NIKO_SUAV3

    Got something Interesting when I bought an Item on eBay recently

    Yup, HO Scale Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  13. NIKO_SUAV3

    Got something Interesting when I bought an Item on eBay recently

    So I picked up another Athearn Genesis SD75M in BNSF Warbonnet, but also received an interesting bonus from the seller because I was honest with him about a payment issue when he sent me an invoice. Anyway, he gave me an MRC 50th Anniversary Edition C44-9W made by what looks to be Athearn...
  14. NIKO_SUAV3

    Adding to the Collection

    Maybe this is the answer to my quest to find an Athearn Genesis ATSF F45 in Kodachrome.... I might have to give him a call and see.
  15. NIKO_SUAV3

    Went to my first model railroad show this morning

    Sadly yes I have checked everywhere I could think of....There either wasn't many of them made, or they are popular (maybe both ha!). Either way, I will just keep my eyes open for one.
  16. NIKO_SUAV3

    Went to my first model railroad show this morning

    Yea, ill have to keep my eye out for some of these things here, and might have to keep my eye out for events when I'm traveling. I was actually in Simi Valley a few months back which is kinda funny, thanks for the tip.
  17. NIKO_SUAV3

    Went to my first model railroad show this morning

    Cant remember who it was that I saw posting something recently about a show they went to and found it to be semi disappointing. Well had the opportunity to go to a local show today in Kansas City, The Mid America Train and Toy Show. Given the discussions I read here about eBay, I found this...
  18. NIKO_SUAV3

    Had it with Digitrax!

    Tony, Sorry to hear you're having issues with your system. I know I had some frustration initially with my Zephyr Xtra although I am not a whole lot of help with troubleshooting. Let me know if you do want to get rid of it as it may be something I am interested in.
  19. NIKO_SUAV3

    HELP. Digitrax DH165AO using LED lights

    Reached out to Digitrax Customer Support today and after some troubleshooting it looks like they determined there was a problem with the transistor that controls the front light. So I guess the next step is for me to mail this into Digitrax....
  20. NIKO_SUAV3

    HELP. Digitrax DH165AO using LED lights

    So now I am completely stumped, I set CV50 (rear light) to few options to be controlled when 'Forward" ie. 0 & 64, or even 'No directional effect" 32 & 48 yet the rear light still will not light when hitting FO in a direction of "Forward.... what am I doing wrong?




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top