Got something Interesting when I bought an Item on eBay recently

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


NIKO_SUAV3

Member
So I picked up another Athearn Genesis SD75M in BNSF Warbonnet, but also received an interesting bonus from the seller because I was honest with him about a payment issue when he sent me an invoice. Anyway, he gave me an MRC 50th Anniversary Edition C44-9W made by what looks to be Athearn? Anyway it looks like an older Athearn Blue Box. If the 50th anniversary was 1997, that makes this thing about 18 years old and it looks to be completely untouched. Can anyone tell me a little more about this?

image1.JPGimage3.JPGimage4.JPGimage5.JPG
 


Yes, Athearn made these for MRC. They made 2500 of them, and should have a certificate of authenticity, showing production number.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
NICE LOCO!

That's what cha call C L E A N!

Some dealers are just way cool! The guy I order from took 80 bucks off the price of a loco cause I screwed up on the shipping of a previous order!
 
NICE LOCO!

That's what cha call C L E A N!

Some dealers are just way cool! The guy I order from took 80 bucks off the price of a loco cause I screwed up on the shipping of a previous order!

Yea I think it was pretty cool of the guy. Especially considering I picked up the Genesis for $50. I just checked through and it looks like the certificate showing the production number is missing though, that's too bad would have been interested to know ha.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
So I picked up another Athearn Genesis SD75M in BNSF Warbonnet, but also received an interesting bonus from the seller because I was honest with him about a payment issue when he sent me an invoice. Anyway, he gave me an MRC 50th Anniversary Edition C44-9W made by what looks to be Athearn? Anyway it looks like an older Athearn Blue Box. If the 50th anniversary was 1997, that makes this thing about 18 years old and it looks to be completely untouched. Can anyone tell me a little more about this?

View attachment 51826View attachment 51827View attachment 51828View attachment 51829

Once again I will quote the Looney Tunes, As Bugs Bunny would say "clean living prevails again"

That sure is a good looking locomotive, congratulations!
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top