ModelRailroadForums.com is a free
Model Railroad Discussion Forum and
photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
-
A
www.focaljet.com
It's a Ford Focus enthusiast website. I've haven't owned a Focus in nearly 8 years, but the community over there is pretty tight knit and it's hard to not still "hang out" on that forum.
-
A
Glad to be of service! Nice write up on your Grandfather. Sounds like he was a stellar guy. It's men like him that we need more of in this world.
-
A
Thought I would share this...
A guy in a car forum that I frequent recently posted pics of his grandfather's train layouts. His grandfather had recently passed away and they are cleaning out the house and he took some pictures of the layouts before they figure out what to do with them.
I...
-
A
Just finished this today. My son is 4 weeks old today and we are doing his room in Train decor.
Made this today out of wood I picked up from Hobby Lobby and hand painted. The Engine number is his Birthday.
I realize there is no tender, I ran out of of the small wood disks for the wheels, I...
-
-
A
My dad traveled up this new year's weekend to have Christmas with my family. To my great surprise and pleasure these were wrapped up for me from "Santa."
N Scale Model Power Metal USRA:
4-6-2 Pacific B&O
2-8-2 Mikado B&O
I made the slightest hint to him this year that I was planning an N...
-
A
Design and draft blueprints and project manage the building of houses for a local home builder.
-
A
^^^ Now Crandell.... that is sexy!!!! Beautiful work and great shots!
-
A
Not my story but my dad's.
Back in the 80's my dad was doing some remodel siding work on a house in the Cleveland, Ohio area. He was pulling the siding off of the house by the hose bib. He had to pull on the hose bib a little to get the siding out from behind the collar of the hose bib.
Well...
-
A
I think this one kind of takes the cake for me... oh and you'll need sound. :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxYRa0pqxlw
-
A
Thanks...
and that is the beauty of model railroading!
-
A
Isn't in funny how life works...
Just got moved into the house this weekend and I'm getting excited about starting on my train set-up. Found out last night baby #2 is on the way. Looks like time and money are going to limited for yet another year or two. :D
But heck, I wouldn't trade...
-
A
There is the new "Railworks" recently released. Supposedly it was the finished product which was supposed to be MS Train Simulator 2 until is was scrapped. It was far enough along that rail simulator picked it up and finished it. There are already about 15 expansions for it...
-
A
Good news!!! I went by the house on Saturday morning, again... no tape measure. But I was able to tell that the "nook" is more than 24". And it was definitely wider than 8'. So it looks like I might be looping the entire layout and making it much larger than planned. :D I can't wait to get...
-
A
So scrap the roundhouse idea... it' just takes up way too much space. Here's a test fit for an idea. It's assuming the space I have to work in is minimum 2x8. The two ends at the top and bottom right would continue on and get incorporated into the original 4x8 that I planned.
-
A
Awesome! Thanks for the input fellas. I'm thinking I will put a roundhouse in somewhere at the left end so I'll have sort of a "Headquarters" to supply the rest of the rail with Engines. This will be great once incorporated into the original layout I want to do.
If you look at my original...
-
A
I'm planning on just a "back and forth" set up rather than a circular set up. Like this...
Just not as chaotic. :D
I only have about 12"-24" of depth to work with (haven't measured it yet). I want to keep it flush with the wall. That's why I was thinking of making this something...
-
A
Sooooo... here's the deal.
The wife, child and I are moving into a rent house for the next couple of years until we can save up and build the house we want... namely one with my basement for the trains.
I went to the house the other day to inspect it and make sure it was what we wanted...
-
A
^^^ Nah... who wants to stare at a train car in a box... they're meant to move ;)
-
A
Ken - all I can say is WOW! I had a flash back upon seeing those pictures. That model is amazing and I love the ship. I was looking through models online last night and ran across a Great Lakes "Ore" boat and was wondering if you were going to incorporate one of those.... sure enough.
After...
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website
(Learn More Here)