A very Merry Christmas for me

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


amddrafting

New Member
My dad traveled up this new year's weekend to have Christmas with my family. To my great surprise and pleasure these were wrapped up for me from "Santa."

N Scale Model Power Metal USRA:
4-6-2 Pacific B&O
2-8-2 Mikado B&O

I made the slightest hint to him this year that I was planning an N Scale layout to start in the next year or so. It was an awesome and totally unexpected surprise to start my layout. I told him that I wanted to do B&O and he remembered... *e-tear* *sniff* *sniff* :D

Only problem is I didn't want to deal with the 2-8-2's and have to plan around 19" radius curves and I'll have to completely redesign my layout idea around that, but hey... I'm not complaining :D
 
Last edited by a moderator:


Cool! Those Mantua Metal Power engines may not be the best detailed but they'll pull the wallboard off the studs. :) I've got one of their F-7's and it's by far the most powerful locomotive I won.
 
you think you have it bad i am going to be building an HO layout around one or two 4-8-8-4 now thats gonna be fun cause i dont know what radious they can handle yet i wil find out when i get it. i am waiting for it to arrive
My dad traveled up this new year's weekend to have Christmas with my family. To my great surprise and pleasure these were wrapped up for me from "Santa."

N Scale Model Power Metal USRA:
4-6-2 Pacific B&O
2-8-2 Mikado B&O

I made the slightest hint to him this year that I was planning an N Scale layout to start in the next year or so. It was an awesome and totally unexpected surprise to start my layout. I told him that I wanted to do B&O and he remembered... *e-tear* *sniff* *sniff* :D

Only problem is I didn't want to deal with the 2-8-2's and have to plan around 19" radius curves and I'll have to completely redesign my layout idea around that, but hey... I'm not complaining :D
 
you think you have it bad i am going to be building an HO layout around one or two 4-8-8-4 now thats gonna be fun cause i dont know what radious they can handle yet i wil find out when i get it. i am waiting for it to arrive

aim for at least 22"-24" inches in radius.
 
ok thank you. i wont the auction for the big boy on ebay it is busted but i have a static model on the way to fix it with
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top